Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'll be sure to get the torrent to see dinobots, but no waii im giving money to michael bay..so many people died in 2016, why not him?..

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people keep thinking these movies will be good?

It's just the same crap over and over and over again. No amount of "they shot it in IMAX!" or "but but but Optimus prime is a villain now!" will make up for the fact that Michael Bay can't direct shit. It's all soulless spectacle, just like all of them. And people need to demand more from movies.

Nostalgia critic sums up my thoughts on the matter pretty well:
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-06-18 at 11:54 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulen View Post
    I have to say the only reason I'm heading to watch this one is because of them saying they spent like $40-50 million in budget simply shooting fully using IMAX 3D cameras. I'm excited to see if 3D at the cinema is at all salvageable. I went to see that 60 fps Hobbit stuff which brought a bit more clarity at the expense of it not having a movie vibe.
    I'm a bit torn on this. Michael Bay is great at shot composition and action choreography which should translate well to 3D, but (in my opinion) you also need to show some restraint which is not his strong suit.

Can they just start making them Chinese-language so we can pretend they aren't happening anymore?

As someone who counts the 1986 animated Transformers as one of his all time favourite movies, this is like protracted torture.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    1 is watchable
    I disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's just the same crap over and over and over again. No amount of "they shot it in IMAX!" or "but but but Optimus prime is a villain now!" will make up for the fact that Michael Bay can't direct shit.
    Also... wasn't he the villain in the previous films? Could've fooled me. GIVE ME YOUR FAAAAAAACE!!!

On the plus side the Nostalgia Chick is doing a big series on Youtube dissecting these movies from a film theory perspective. Pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry no can do on this one. I liked Prime from the first Cartoon. But Bay is a horrible director and the writers made Prime into a blood thirsty self promoting hypocritical monster. I didnt know where Prime stopped and the Decepticons started. Prime seemed more like a villain. Bumblebee was the only one that acted decent. And I'm not sure the film needed any of the Autobots . Prime seem to take out the Decepticons single handed. When was anyone in danger for anything other than comic effect. Next to Prime the only other effective element was the U.S military which seemed more like product placement for recruitment.

Top that off how many times has Spoiler edit: ____________, honestly if it was permanent which it's not, it mighty spared his fictional legacy.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-06-19 at 12:32 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Transformers movies have all been pretty terrible. I guess teenage boys like them, but other than lots of noise, and some cool explosions... there isn't much else. I'll probably watch in on Netflix or Hulu in a year, when I'm drunk, and too lazy to start a new series.

Whats up with the transformers movies having different woman in each film. I get why shia and megan fox lost their roles but marky mark got a few goes and they just cycle through different models one at a time for the ladies for some eye candy and not a care in the world for universe building. Bit odd

Deleted
    Why do people keep thinking these movies will be good?

It's just the same crap over and over and over again. It's all soulless spectacle, just like all of them. And people need to demand more from movies.
    I don't think anyone going to see these by now expects them to be good. Sometimes people simply want a soulless spectacle, its a summer blockbuster. Hardly any action movies released this time of the year have anything to them but spectacle. And I hate to say it but it being all about robots, cars, women/models & explosions is probably exactly why these movies do serious $$$ at the box office.

It'll please people to know its Bay's last one, the future success of the franchise at the box office is partly due to him. He's paved the way and we'll see where they take the franchise from here after The Last Knight.

Some day this trash will stop being profitable and we'll all be free of this curse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Some day this trash will stop being profitable and we'll all be free of this curse.
    He will be involved in future transformers movies according to imdb...incl a solo bumblebee movie n more bad boys...

Evil does not go away...

I just want to know if its safe to take my 5 year old to. she is fine with fantasy violence etc, she loved guardians 2.

was looking forward to going on my day off, but its a bloody inset day! (kids get a day off school) so Im debating taking her with!
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone going to see these by now expects them to be good. Sometimes people simply want a soulless spectacle, its a summer blockbuster. Hardly any action movies released this time of the year have anything to them but spectacle. And I hate to say it but it being all about robots, cars, women/models & explosions is probably exactly why these movies do serious $$$ at the box office.
    They keep making soulless, empty movies because people keep paying to see them.

If people just... you know, DON'T go to the movies, then hollywood will get the friggin' hint.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I just want to know if its safe to take my 5 year old to. she is fine with fantasy violence etc, she loved guardians 2.

was looking forward to going on my day off, but its a bloody inset day! (kids get a day off school) so Im debating taking her with!
    Or you could see classics with ur kid, like indiana jones or something..

Deleted
    All who go see this should get shot on sight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    All who go see this should get shot on sight.
    meh i got free tickets left so i might spend one to see this movie.
    i hope its better then the last 2

Deleted
    They keep making soulless, empty movies because people keep paying to see them.

If people just... you know, DON'T go to the movies, then hollywood will get the friggin' hint.
    See these superhero movies from Marvel / DC while yes they are all different characters all follow the exact same systematic formula playing out on screen. I could say at seeing one superhero origin story I've seen all of them.

The only superhero movies in recent times that to me have been mildly entertaining was The Dark Knight / Deadpool / Guardians of the Galaxy.

There is obviously demand for these Transformers movie as shown by the huge box office numbers. I for one want to go to watch this just being entertained, sure I know there are diehard fans out there who love the lore behind Transformers and I hope in the new direction they get something more out of them.

Strange, Rotten Tomatoes doesn't have any reviews yet or any other website?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Strange, Rotten Tomatoes doesn't have any reviews yet or any other website?
    That means they're suppressing the reviews (or not allowing early review pre-screenings,) probably because the movie isn't very good.

They're hoping that enough people will see it "because they want to see if it's good!" and "well maybe with the new technology Michael Bay got it right this time!" the opening weekend before it gets out that the movie sucks ass.

Movies that get bad reviews early on tend not to do very well anymore, even if they're from massive franchises. Like the newest Pirates of the Caribbean.

It's like people are learning that, when a bunch of people think a movie is terrible, it might actually be "terrible." If only they could learn it sooner on transformers.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

That means they're suppressing the reviews (or not allowing early review pre-screenings,) probably because the movie isn't very good.

They're hoping that enough people will see it "because they want to see if it's good!" and "well maybe with the new technology Michael Bay got it right this time!" the opening weekend before it gets out that the movie sucks ass.

Movies that get bad reviews early on tend not to do very well anymore, even if they're from massive franchises. Like the newest Pirates of the Caribbean.

It's like people are learning that, when a bunch of people think a movie is terrible, it might actually be "terrible." If only they could learn it sooner on transformers.
    Transformers: Age of Extinction has a meta-score of 32% but made $1.1b on a budget of $200m so I don't think you can say that review aggregators are a decent gauge of performance.

Also I wouldn't trust public review scores with something as high profile as this, I bet there's a sizable number of people who decided to give it a shitty score the moment it was announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    See these superhero movies from Marvel / DC while yes they are all different characters all follow the exact same systematic formula playing out on screen. I could say at seeing one superhero origin story I've seen all of them.

The only superhero movies in recent times that to me have been mildly entertaining was The Dark Knight / Deadpool / Guardians of the Galaxy.
    At least superhero movies (the marvel ones of late, at least) have things like character and direction and cinematography. People call the movies formulaic, and I agree to an extent, but that doesn't mean they're poorly made.

The transformers movies are both formulaic AND poorly made. Hence the Nostalgia critic's assessment.

There is obviously demand for these Transformers movie as shown by the huge box office numbers. I for one want to go to watch this just being entertained, sure I know there are diehard fans out there who love the lore behind Transformers and I hope in the new direction they get something more out of them.
    Yeah, and that demand is what's frustrating because all of that actual talent working on the movie (visual effects, art direction, actors who are in them that can actually act under the right director) are being wasted on mindless spectacle. No one is demanding these movies be better. More like people remarking "geez they're still making transformers movies? They're all so awful!" while they then plan to buy a ticket to see the next one. It's like complaining that a restaurant makes terrible soup and yet you still go to the restaurant and order the soup.

And it's not like a movie can't have grand spectacle and still be good. Look at Fury Road. Amazing movie, amazing action... not a cluttered, formulaic Michael Bay mess. And that was directed by a 70-year old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Transformers: Age of Extinction has a meta-score of 32% but made $1.1b on a budget of $200m so I don't think you can say that review aggregators are a decent gauge of performance.
    Performance? No.

But of course performance and quality aren't the same thing. Do you think people saw Age of Extinction because they heard it was "amazing" by word of mouth?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.