Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Neither one of them would of been stabbed if she charged one, the other can easily subdue since she wouldn't be facing one. You guys are making this out to be like some sort of chemically enhanced zombie craving wonton destruction and death.
    Why do you think, if someone with a knife is capable of reaching a cop before they can do anything, that somehow the other cop would have even faster reflexes and be able to subdue her before she got to the first cop? You're doing the same thing you're accusing other people of doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by dcschess05 View Post
    Cops aren't required to whip out a knife to fight a person with a knife. Nor do they aim just to wound a threat. It's obvious to any rational person that you don't call the cops and then arm yourself when they show up to your house.
    It's obvious to any rational person that you don't try to attack 2 armed policemen with a knife.

Ergo - we are not dealing with rational person.

Ergo - we do not expect rational behaviour.

drop the weapon when the police show up.

game is hard.

dont be an idiot, dead lady
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Right because 2 white cops didn't just shoot a black PREGNANT woman in front of her 2 kids? Please if she was white it wouldn't have happened. There was no way she would have gotten close to them or even been able to overpower them enough to even use the knife being pregnant and small, as confirmed through the article. This is a senseless MURDER because 2 white people felt like killing a black person instead of doing their job properly.
    You didn't refute what I said at all, no matter how much you think you did.

There is no reason to believe the cops wouldn't have shot her anyways if she was white, because police in this country have proven very capable of shooting white people to death.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You're assuming cops are trained in melee and that somehow the one she focused on has some sort of protection while the other uses his skills to disarm and disable.

The cops are human, they responded to a threat by stopping the threat. It's a shame that the woman didn't get more medical attention for her condition before it came to this. The two cops are not the ones who were responsible for her treatment or lack thereof, nor should they put their health at risk for her.
    Except there would be no threat if those cops never entered the house.

In other words, they "stopped" the threat they themselves created.

Stop shooting everyone posing even the slightest danger. Seriously, what is wrong with the level of training they are given? I guess everything...

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    If she bum-rushed them with the knife while they already had guns drawn, then fuck it, it was an unfortunate situation that ended in pretty much the most logical conclusion. But barring that, this situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Really it's a terrible situation in any case. Someone with mental issues should be able to get some help, she'd already had issues because of it. It should never have come to the point it did, regardless of whether the cops COULD have handled it differently. Split second decision, everyones life is altered, but it seems like something that could have been handled long before two cops dealt with a knife wielder.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I see a lot of people base their opinions of how to deal with someone with a knife based on television and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post

the cops where called to a potential break in, should they have just gone "oh there is a lady acting crazy and waving a knife around im sure it was a false alarm"

Yeah, if they just didn't do their job and ignored the call, there would have been no threat to them! ...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Baton, pistol whip. There were two guys, unless she was some international assassin who could disable two grown men at the same time with one knife, there was no need to escalate it to the point where they had to shoot her.
    Those aren't options when dealing with someone who has a knife, what it gods name would make you think it is a good idea to get into melee range with someone with a bladed weapon? It doesn't take much to kill someone or severely injure someone with a knife. Maybe all those people on the streets in knife fights are assassins, given only they can apparently harm anyone.

Seriously go read the article, they went there for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Stop shooting everyone posing even the slightest danger. Seriously, what is wrong with the level of training they are given? I guess everything...
    a knife is not "the slightest danger", a stab wound is almost as dangerous as a bullet wound sometimes even more so depending on location.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Hmm yet strange how yet again its in the US and a black person ... I mean come on .... its way beyond "coincidence" by now.

Personally I'd say its shoot 1st ask questions later, they don't even seem to try any other option in half these cases.

Its also amazing now relatively few of any "same type" cases appear outside the US where only certain people are armed and normal police don't carry guns.

How about replace the guns with more training with how to deal with these situation without having to kill the person.
    Black people make up 15% of the population, occasionally black people will have run ins with the police. That and blacks tend to be poor and have all the poor people problems like crime, drug abuse, etc

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I only hope that anyone in here saying the officer did right, CAn have one of their family members shot in this manner.

How much you want to bet they would change their mind on police use of force..
    "I hope you lose a family member this way!"
    Side with the victim all you want. The details in this are not clear, and so far we understand she was armed, in a situation of a burglary where the police were responding to. They saw someone with a knife, whether or not she was black or pregnant. I think everyone can agree the altercation could have gone a million better, non-fatal ways. But we see where, and why they reacted to as such. If you're going to seek help from police, don't have any weapons on you. Or you just put yourself in harm's way.

The cops ignoring a call seems like it'd also get them a stern word. The article I saw said she called them out because she thought there was a burglar. When they arrived, she came to them with a knife. The other details haven't been let out fully, all I saw was family saying how it wasn't her fault.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Why do you think, if someone with a knife is capable of reaching a cop before they can do anything, that somehow the other cop would have even faster reflexes and be able to subdue her before she got to the first cop? You're doing the same thing you're accusing other people of doing.
    So they had the reflexes necessary to draw down and fire, but not to do anything else? Somebody already brought up the 21 foot reaction window.

They knew she was mental; they knew she was on edge due to having called them because she thought someone was breaking into her fucking house; and they knew she had fucking kids.

So all of that, and they apparently still had time enough to draw and fire in reaction, but not do shit else? Didn't even fucking cross their minds? Did they have their shit drawn already? I really want more details on this situation before I make any further assessments, but taking it at face value, this post does not help their case at all.

I really want to know what the fuck actually happened, and since I know I never will, I am severely pissed off. But I do truly hope that this was somehow justified on their part, because this "black vs. blue" situation does not get any worse than this.

And we need to finally have a fucking conversation on a national level about mental fucking health. FUCK.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2017-06-19 at 10:22 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    no it really doesn't, cops are not kung fu masters
    She's a pregnant woman. These cops have had training. To brutally gun down a pregnant woman like this is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    The police need to gun down a pregnant woman because she's holding a knife?
    Are you going to risk your life and get the knife off some random you dont know? No didnt think so

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    SPD is already under federal oversight for excessive force and racially biased police work. Doesn't seem particularly defensible.