Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Strangely across europe police manage to avoid split-second decisions where they kill black people.
    Strange, there was a constable from the UK that was on vacation in the US and asked a department I used to work for to do a ride along. After the shift was over he stated that if things were like this in his country, there was no possibility he would go through a shift without the same gear we had available to us. Stop comparing two utterly different cultures and act like you are somehow superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    History with police? Check.
    Mental health problems? Check.
    Weapon? Check.

Yeah, I wonder why she was shot. Must've been race.
    3 Kids? Check
    Pregnant with a 4th? Check
    Living off the government? Check

But she was a good lady who was about to start college and turn her life around right? Model citizen? When she was struck down for being black

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I provided a news story for discussion. Either discuss or move along.
    And you made it about race.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I assume they had already drawn their guns, do you know otherwise? Al

Did they? How do you know?

Did they? How do you know? And why does this matter?

All of what? They got to her and she threatened them with a knife. There is no "all of that."

If the worst of the "black vs blue" situation is people being killed for threatening cops with knives, then the solution is pretty simple and the problem isn't that bad.
    So basically you didn't read the motherfucking article. Because all those questions, save for the first one, are fucking answered within. Not wasting my fucking time discussing this if you aren't even fucking read up on the scenario.

In fact, I'm done regardless. This hits me on a personal level and I'm clearly emotionally compromised. I won't edit out the language, but I will edit this apology in for said language towards you. It's uncalled for.

Edit #2: All that said being said, in light of your Bupkiss response, it's still abundantly clear that you did not, in fact, read the OP nor the article provided within.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2017-06-19 at 10:44 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    a knife is not "the slightest danger", a stab wound is almost as dangerous as a bullet wound sometimes even more so depending on location.
    Then why this is not an issue in most other countries? Why? Knifes wound exactly the same everywhere. Stop reacting to every threat with deadly force, take notes of possible perpetrator's mental issues.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ctive-custody/

No wonder people don't trust the police in some places. Why are they so trigger happy?
    There is just too many racist trolls posting in this thread...

But yes it was racism from the cops. Simple fact is that they'll be taking their sweet time dis-arming some white boy with a katana, machete, etc, but will shoot an african american after a count of 3 every time.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    So basically you didn't read the motherfucking article. Because all those questions, save for the first one, are fucking answered within. Not wasting my fucking time discussing this if you aren't even fucking read up on the scenario.
    False. Though clicking on a link and reading an entirely different article went through the fact that they knew she said her and her daughter were going to turn into wolves, which is a pretty strong indication that she's crazy. Stop being so emotional, and the last part of my post still stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

a person threat the police with a knife
    this person deserve to die
    let this be a lesson to all who want to be thugs and criminals
    and plz don't tell me mental problem this shit is making everyone want to act as they have this problem
    so they can do criminals things

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    History with police? Check.
    Mental health problems? Check.
    Weapon? Check.

Yeah, I wonder why she was shot. Must've been race.
    didnt you see the title?

she was 30 ... obviously too old to be around

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    and while she is focused on one of them, that cop is getting stabbed , its not like cops have super speed where the instant she moves at one the second has her cuffed
    She charges one, the other officer can subdue her to the ground since her back is facing him without any stabbing or killing blow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Then why this is not an issue in most other countries? Why? Knifes wound exactly the same everywhere.
    You mean like the London Bridge attacks?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/lon...people-n767966

I'm sure all those people being stabbed had nothing to worry about, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberveil View Post
    Strange, there was a constable from the UK that was on vacation in the US and asked a department I used to work for to do a ride along. After the shift was over he stated that if things were like this in his country, there was no possibility he would go through a shift without the same gear we had available to us. Stop comparing two utterly different cultures and act like you are somehow superior.
    He was being polite. If you people weren't so insular you'd understand that.

We are superior because police don't shoot our people on a regular basis. It is that simple. You are disgustingly backward and violent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcschess05 View Post
    Cops aren't required to whip out a knife to subdue a person with a knife. Nor do they aim just to wound a threat. It's obvious to any rational person that you don't call the cops and then arm yourself when they show up to your house.
    They can do a hundred other things that un-holster their firearms when there are more than one. They could of created distance and an object between her and called for backup, they could of talked her down, de-escalate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You're assuming cops are trained in melee and that somehow the one she focused on has some sort of protection while the other uses his skills to disarm and disable.

The cops are human, they responded to a threat by stopping the threat. It's a shame that the woman didn't get more medical attention for her condition before it came to this. The two cops are not the ones who were responsible for her treatment or lack thereof, nor should they put their health at risk for her.
    Not even melee, literally just push her down when her back is facing the other police officer, rendering her completely immobile.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ctive-custody/

No wonder people don't trust the police in some places. Why are they so trigger happy?
    If I remove your bolds, and add my own I can show a completely different narrative.

With police shootings being a hot button. You'd think they would be less trigger happy. But then again you don't really think that a couple of white cops got together and said, "Hey wanna see if we can kill a black lady and get away with it?" The white cops shooting white people doesn't make the news. Black cops shooting black people doesn't make the news. This is not the epidemic the media purports it to be.

Even a tiny woman with a knife can cause damage. Little bit of blood on blood and a stabbing becomes a slow death via HIV/AIDS.

As far as "tazing the suspect" that would have looked equally bad. "Two white cops taze pregnant black woman, causing her to miscarry."

But try and look at the possible scenario from the cops' perspective. You have a woman who is clearly and admittedly unhinged, who CALLED the police, and when the police arrive she's wielding a knife she refuses to put down. Protect themselves? Maybe, but what if this unstable woman turned on her children? Why didn't the cops shoot her? Its a lose/lose for them at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post

The people faulting the cops are jokes. Literally arguing, "even if she killed the first cop, the second should have been able to subdue her without killing her."
    There's no way she could of killed either of them, because once she charges one, the other can literally just push her down and immobilize her arm and her body in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    So, what's the use of tasers then? Decorative?
    It depends on the department and what they set as standard but, unarmed threat -- taser. Armed threat -- weapon. Not condoning or dismissing what happened, you'd think there would mitigating factors and the sort, but I'm guessing that baseline is in place for most metro police departments.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    There's no way she could of killed either of them, because once she charges one, the other can literally just push her down and immobilize her arm and her body in seconds.
    And then they are racist brutes for pushing or grabbing a pregnant black woman. Evil pigs.

your faith in the cops speed and reaction time is rather amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have experience with crazed people with knives? "All they had to do" is meaningless since you aren't the one there. You aren't the one with your life on the line. You keep bringing up that there are two of them, what difference does that make? Even if she only attacks one SHE'S STILL ATTACKING ONE OF THEM WITH A KNIFE AND AT THAT POINT THE OFFICER HAS THE RIGHT TO DEFEND HIS LIFE WITH DEADLY FORCE. What part of that do you not understand?

There's no way she could of killed either of them, because once she charges one, the other can literally be stabbed in the face as she turns towards him while he tries tojust push her down and immobilize her arm and her body in seconds.
    Changed your hypothetical a bit with the bold. See how easy it was?