Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jfhsgtresg View Post
    Which is capable of empathy

But then so are humans they are just animals too.
    dogs are delicious, and I bet long pig is as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Dogs have been domesticated by human beings as companions on a massive scale to the point where that is their primary purpose. Killing a creature that primarily exists as a human companion is morally reprehensible.

Says who? Bleeding heart liberals?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    So are cows, chickens, pigs, and sheep.

I wouldn't eat a dog but the whole but they are pets argument is kind of weak.
    Dogs have been domesticated by human beings as companions on a massive scale to the point where that is their primary purpose. Killing a creature that primarily exists as a human companion is morally reprehensible.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

You dont need to same reason i dont believe in what you are saying in this topic.
    Is your argument that dogs are magically not part of the animal kingdom? You also seem to think it's impossible for Orange Joe to have had dogs... I think you're delusional, but I may be reading your posts incorrectly. Please elaborate on what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Most livestock is capable of empathy. You think this is a trait only found in dogs/cats?
    Do you know this personally?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Repeating the same exact thing 3 times doesn't make it any more true than the first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Love me some dog. Mmmm mmmm MMMMM!

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Oh yeah? Why can dogs alarm and scare off invaders in your property while pigs would just walk around trying to find something to eat? They don't seem to be so smart now, do they?
    Sounds like a bias based off ignorance. Not only do you likely have more experience with dogs, but dogs that actually function in the way you're trying to promote them. You can point at useless dogs that sit around doing nothing just as much as you can point at a pig for doing nothing. Some dogs can perform certain functions and some pigs can perform certain functions. Overall, it has been proven that pigs are smarter.

It's all arbitrary lines being drawn to claim that one is acceptable and the other is not. You can personally feel that way and have that be warranted, but to treat it as an objective standard is silly. I doubt many people would choose a dog to die over a pig, but that stems more from emotional attachment than dogs having some sort of inherent value as you seem to imply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

They're also bred as food.

Your statement is basically just a tautology.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Says who? Bleeding heart liberals?
    I'm no bleeding heart. Dogs have been bred (a controlled evolution) to serve a purpose that does not include eating. We altered their evolutionary course to suit companionship, not food.

We literally created them to be friends. That's why it is bad - not some pointless ideological party line.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

within certain cultures. Other cultures value other animals to an extent you dismiss. It's all arbitrary line drawing.
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Morals are one of those strange things that don't apply to everyone. They're pretty much subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Is your argument that dogs are magically not part of the animal kingdom? You also seem to think it's impossible for Orange Joe to have had dogs... I think you're delusional, but I may be reading your posts incorrectly. Please elaborate on what you think.
    No its just iam very skepitcal person when people say oh ive had lots of this but i think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    They're also bred as food.

Your statement is basically just a tautology.
    You don't understand what tautology is cleary - but beyond that. The dogs that are bred to be food - are food I suppose. That makes me sad, but my sadness isn't important. That is a food source.

Feeding these animals (regardless of their purpose) under false pretenses to people who don't know what they are eating is still wrong.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2017-06-19 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Wrote 'by' instead of 'but'
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no bleeding heart. Dogs have been bred (a controlled evolution) to serve a purpose that does not include eating. We altered their evolutionary course to suit companionship, not food.

We literally created them to be friends. That's why it is bad - not some pointless ideological party line.
    We should have bred the taste out of them then.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Morals are one of those strange things that don't apply to everyone. They're pretty much subjective.
    When a situation is globally true, it is globally applied.

That being said, animals bred for food are different than animals bred for companionship. It was wrong to feed people something other than they were knowingly eating - but if the animals were bred to be food, that's a tiny bit (.00001%) better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    We should have bred the taste out of them then.
    Your point has no:

1)Validity
    2)Accuracy
    3)Potential for actual implementation

This makes you a troll

Fuck you
    -Darsithis

Who is this "We" and why is it being treated as a standard meant to dictate the behavior of everybody? The consumption of certain animals, consumption engaged in by the same societies that are generally involved in dog breeding, is considered morally reprehensible to some so your argument doesn't seem very consistent. Apparently, because some groups worship dogs, it's morally reprehensible, but if some groups worship cows, fuck them.
    Enjoy.

No its just iam very skepitcal person when people say oh ive had lots of this but i think that way.
    How can you be skeptical about someone saying they've had dogs before? I mean... Most people own dogs. I own dogs and have no issue with people eating dogs as long as the death is humane and not someone's stolen dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    When a situation is globally true, it is globally applied.

That being said, animals bred for food are different than animals bred for companionship. It was wrong to feed people something other than they were knowingly eating - but if the animals were bred to be food, that's a tiny bit (.00001%) better.

- - - Updated - - -

Your point has no:

1)Validity
    2)Accuracy
    3)Potential for actual implementation

This makes you a troll

Fuck you
    There's nothing invalid about my statement. It's also true that dog meat tastes good. I'll give you the third.

This thread is just full of edgy trolls who would prolly throw up at the sight of dog meat let alone play devils advocate in condoning it.

I could show you a video of some guy boiling a dog to death and i bet very few of you would go Hmm that must taste nice.