Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nothing wrong with eating dogs. Just because its domesticated doesn't mean it cannot be a source of food. Everything living on this plant is food for somthing. Maybe dog meat tastes really good. Maybe its good for you. Dont let your feelings get in the way of your brain. Its called a food chain. Dont hate on people that have a different appetite than you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Never said that wasn't wrong.
    Whats the point of the thread then?
    Thread was about a huge scandal, wherein street dogs were poisoned; killed, and fed to tourists en masse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just did some basic searching.

1, I don't see anyone denying any links.
    Just you wait. Someone will come along soon and call it racist and infract me.

2, I don't see anything that states Black people have this gene more than any other race. Do you have a source?
    5.5% of Black men, 0.1% of Caucasian men, and 0.00067% of Asian men carried the 2R allele.

In humans, an association between the 2R allele of the VNTR region of the gene and an increase in the likelihood of committing serious crime or violence has been found.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phailox View Post
    That was the point until op made a stink about just eating dogs in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    The post, word for word in this thread, states:

That is objectively incorrect. The poster made no such claim about unregulated meat caught with poison and the person you're replying to did not do so either
    The thread was about street dogs poisoned; killed, and then fed to tourists.
    Devolved into right vs wrong aka. my opinion vs your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    5.5% of Black men, 0.1% of Caucasian men, and 0.00067% of Asian men carried the 2R allele.

In humans, an association between the 2R allele of the VNTR region of the gene and an increase in the likelihood of committing serious crime or violence has been found.

You are not a credible source. Please link source.

Thread was about a huge scandal, wherein street dogs were poisoned; killed, and fed to tourists en masse.
    and the OP started the thread with the argument that it was wrong because dogs are pets. Most of the replies, at least earlier in the thread, were challenging that line of reasoning. You can defend the 'right' side for stupid reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Nothing wrong with eating dogs. Just because its domesticated doesn't mean it cannot be a source of food. Everything living on this plant is food for somthing. Maybe dog meat tastes really good. Maybe its good for you. Dont let your feelings get in the way of your brain. Its called a food chain. Dont hate on people that have a different appetite than you.
    Dogs have an uncommonly strong attachment to humans, eat a cat, eat a pig, eat whatever the fuck you want. But dogs were bred (globally) to connect with human beings as companions. The disgust comes from the fact that we MADE them love us then we kill them.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    So let's increase education and birth control and education instead of dog meat in the long run. In the mean time they can eat their food-borne dogs, I would rather just not watch.

But pretending that eating a dog is cultural is retarded - those same cultures also domesticated dogs. It's not like dogs were imported to the US, domesticated, then re-exported globally.
    Yeah, let's force our way into countries and make them obey our morality. That will go over really well I'm sure.

Most things are cultural. Morality is HEAVILY shaped by our cultures. A person growing up outside any system that's hungry will eat anything. It's only when that person is forced into a culture when they develop the morals of those surrounding him/her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    That was the point until op made a stink about just eating dogs in general.
    So niche picking til u find something u disagree with, then write comments about that.
    Guess thats how u get 15k posts.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are not a credible source. Please link source.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...91886912004047

I cant wait for the day when we start eating poor people from these shit hole countries!

After all food is food right?

Clearly i aint gonna change anyones minds on this and iam thankful i live in a country where my dogs wont be eaten by my neighbours cause that is illegal plus i would fucking kill them!.

Though i do wonder how many people genuinely believe what they are posting and how many are either trolling or playing devils advocate cause i bet nobody could look a dog in the eye and say Hmm i look forward to eating him in a stew!

10+ Year Old Account
    So niche picking til u find something u disagree with, then write comments about that.
    You seem to be learning well too.

Or it's more likely that threads normally evolve to take on a broader topic within the OP.

The thread was about street dogs poisoned; killed, and then fed to tourists.
    Devolved into right vs wrong aka. my opinion vs your opinion.
    I'm not sure what relevance that holds to the post of mine that you quoted. Someone argued that eating dog is illegal in the majority of the world, it was proven that he was factually incorrect, and you tried to argue that with reasoning that, while relevant to the thread as a whole, meant nothing to the post you replied to. Your post was irrelevant and that's all the post you quoted stated. I'm not sure why you're responding to me with what I quoted above but it has nothing to do with the post you replied to.
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    If you want to say 'dogs' then say 'dogs' or you're unfairly trying to sway an argument in your favor via means other than factual points. Talk shit get shit.
    The exact verbiage is less important than the context. Dog and animal can be used interchangeably in this discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jfhsgtresg View Post
    I cant wait for the day when we start eating poor people from these shit hole countries!

Clearly i aint gonna change anyones minds on this and iam thankful i live in a country where my dogs wont be eaten by my neighbours cause that is illegal plus i would fucking kill them!.

Though i do wonder how many people genuinely believe what they are posting and how many are either trolling or playing devils advocate cause i bet nobody could look a dog in the eye and say Hmm i look forward to eating him in a stew!
    In the event of a disaster, I would eat my wife's dog before I ever ate a bite of canned food.

This thread also isn't about asserting what points people should and should not respond to and yet you're doing that as well. As I said before, you can argue the 'right' side for stupid reasons. People were arguing the logic OP used in judging the situation which is relevant to the topic of the thread itself. At the very least, it's far more relevant than your meta commentary on what people should and should not be discussing.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account

I would personally like to see more science behind it, but nothing that can be really denied with what you said.

- - - Updated - - -

No one here is talking about taking someones pet from them and eating it. hyperbole doesn't help you at all.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are some people in places which eat monkeys. And many other gross things for myself. Not going to eat no monkey, cat or dog and many other things some people eat. But not going to knock them ether when I eat pork, beef and chicken. Live and let live when it comes to some things like food.

I fail to see how eating dogs are any worse than eating a cow or a rabbit, just saying. if you're going to some fuck knows where country don't be surprised when they serve shit you're not used to eating.

see

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    A distinction exists between condoning the death of dogs and accepting that not everyone has the same love for dogs that most people do. Most people aren't so blindly loyal to their morals that they spout out nonsense when they find something they don't agree with. You can make a stupid argument for the right point which is what OP did. This was not a good action but OP's argument for why it was not a good action is nonsensical and stupid.

We could disregard that and just go "yeah this was bad" but you're on a board meant for discussion and throwing around buzzwords like 'edgy' or 'troll' that have lost all meaning by being used incorrectly so often only makes you seem stupid. If you don't like discussion, don't go to a place intended for discussion.
    Considering you made no counter argument to any of the points raised against you and are continuing to resort to attacking the character of others rather than form any actual retort, I think it's fair to say you're coming off as a bit of a child going "you all are dummyheads".

I'd say 'strawman' or 'slippery slope' but you already have the buzzword quota filled with how many times you've resorted to calling people trolls rather than challenge their reasoning.
    Enjoy.