Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    We shouldn't report facts because it's unfair!
    A couple of forum lurkers boosting their post counts by regurgitating news articles. Please don't flatter yourselves by calling yourselves reporters.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    A couple of forum lurkers boosting their post counts by regurgitating news articles. Please don't flatter yourselves by calling yourselves reporters.
    And a forum lurker is crying about said article to boost there post count. So what is your point really?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And a forum lurker is crying about said article to boost there post count. So what is your point really?
    Whats yours?

Lol, wasn't she an anti-drug advocate in the end that went around giving talks about how she beat drug abuse?
    Hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    If she did coke how was she so fat!?
    Also this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Why would you even post this? Everyone knows she's had trouble with drugs; leave her alone let her rest in peace.
    Along with being a beloved actress and writer, she was also something of a feminist. Highlighting some of the gross misogyny baked into Hollywood productions.

So its not really surprising that that some gamergators would taking a parting shot at her, especially on a gaming message boards. They just cant resist the urge to punish women.

People that followed her story, read or saw Postcards from the Edge are not really surprised.

It seems she didn't beat drug abuse after all.
    It beat her instead.

Whats yours?
    Read a couple posts back I stated mine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Lol, wasn't she an anti-drug advocate in the end that went around giving talks about how she beat drug abuse?
    Hypocrite.
    I always remember her discussing both topics as ongoing battles for her, that she was "winning" but that by no means were her fights with mental health issues and drug addiction ended.

Or were you just looking for a reason to be shitty about another persons death?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this a big deal. Every knew she liked to party. I find the whole story disgusting. Lets her be.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

She was 60, chick still knew how to party.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this.
    Maybe she was trying to keep others from her fate.

No time for HARD Drug users

Marijuana is ok... Cannot die from 4 or 5 joints

Bob Marley died from Skin Cancer btw

I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How is that tainting her image? It's true, no? And her struggles with mental health and drugs are pretty well documented, so this isn't really a "revelation" in that nobody could have expected or guessed it.
    This. Fisher was long outspoken about her constant and ongoing battles with drug addiction and mental illness. People vastly underestimate the sort of long-term damage that can be done by hard drugs or how easy it is to relapse even with a strong support network (just look at how many 80s rock stars continue to have ongoing issues staying clean).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Read a couple posts back I stated mine.
    Whatever man, I post a fairly dry and humorous comment, followed shortly with a gif in case it wasn't blatantly obvious for those of you born without a funny bone (which apparently it was not) and a couple of you blowhards chime in with some rant about journalistic integrity. As if MMO-C is some bastion of truth, gimme a break.

Look at this engaging off topic discussion we are having. Which btw is pretty typical of these types of threads where the OP copies and pastes directly from yahoo news without their own thoughts or ideas, never actually participating in any type of discussion or contributing again. These self appointed "topic starters" are cancer.

Whatever man, I post a fairly dry and humorous comment, followed shortly with a gif in case it wasn't blatantly obvious for those of you born without a funny bone (which apparently it was not) and a couple of you blowhards chime in with some rant about journalistic integrity. As if MMO-C was still me bastion of truth, gimme a break.

Look at this engaging off topic discussion we are having. Which btw is pretty typical of these types of threads where the OP copies and pastes directly from yahoo news without their own thoughts or ideas, never actually participating in any type of discussion or contributing again. These self appointed "topic starters" are cancer.
    Please do point out where I said anything about Journalistic integrity.

Deleted
    Why is it that in the US these kind of private things always come in the newspaper? Kind of weird. RIP privacy laws?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I always remember her discussing both topics as ongoing battles for her, that she was "winning" but that by no means were her fights with mental health issues and drug addiction ended.

Or were you just looking for a reason to be shitty about another persons death?
    What, am I not allowed to enjoy the irony of it?

She was supposedly sober, What 11 Now-Sober Celebrities Want You to Know About Addiction
    Last edited by ramjb; 2017-06-20 at 01:09 AM.

What, am I not allowed to enjoy the irony of it?
    Irony of what? Someone who was very open about her struggles with drug abuse/addiction and mental health issues, advocating for greater understanding of these issues and support for folks who deal with them, having drugs in their system when they died?

I must have missed the "enjoyable" part of it.

Um... do you guys know much about Carrie Fisher?

I doubt there's been a time in the last 40 years when she'd had less than three illegal substances in her body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see why anyone would be surprised really.