Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ahh, the good old victim blaming, so "refreshing".
    As for the topic, I think NK understood that he is dying and that it would be better if he didn't die in North Korea. The whole thing reeks of their failure and brings question why actually he fell in coma.
    Go to totalitarian country, do stupid shit, get arrested and beaten to death. Cue the people screaming about victim blaming when people point out his stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jfhsgtresg View Post
    Yeah its time to Ban all travel to North Korea except for official diplomats.

Iam amazed no such travel ban exists
    You're an idiot if you need to be told that NK is a bad place to travel to by your government.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post

You're an idiot if you need to be told that NK is a bad place to travel to by your government.
    Well just like this guy he clearly didnt heed the advice.

Lets be real going to North Korea is a maschimo thing the same ones who think climbing Everest is a good idea or hiking in Somalia. Unless its actually banned by the government they think well it cant be THAT bad so they do it just so they can come back and brag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jfhsgtresg View Post
    Me personally i think the US should make all travel to North Korea Illegal except for diplomats.

When you go there you are giving your tourist dollars to fund his missile program and you set yourself up as a target for propaganda and bargaining leverage.

I mean wasnt there a time when going to Cuba was illegal?

- - - Updated - - -

If it wasnt for North Koreas big brother China that wouldve been done decades ago!
    Can't go to Cuba which is write off the coast and doesn't constantly toss missiles over the heads of our allies but we can go to NK...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Can't go to Cuba which is write off the coast and doesn't constantly toss missiles over the heads of our allies but we can go to NK...

But But Cuba is a communist country with bad human rights recor.... oh wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    So the fact that he's rushing testing of long-rage weapons like crazy doesn't point to it? Keep in mind he's a fat little guy with the actual psyche of a kid.
    North Korea has nothing to gain by attacking anyone, much less a country so far detached as Japan or the US.

They want those weapons sitting around to make the world leave them and their little 1984 society alone.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    North Korea has nothing to gain by attacking anyone, much less a country so far detached as Japan or the US.

They want those weapons sitting around to make the world leave them and their little 1984 society alone.
    To gain? Are you mistaking them for a real country?

15+ Year Old Account
    He wasn't the first guy from a Western to visit NK and certainly won't be the last. It doesn't really matter whether what he did was really clever because dictatorships are rarely famous for their well-refined rationale and proportionate measures. People have been arrested in NK for less and other people including reporters were more daring and got away with it. Effectively by saying what he did was brought to him by himself is pretty much absolving the regime because they think exactly the same way on this matter.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Looks like he died. RIP
    Yes, AP article from my local paper below.
    http://m.chron.com/news/us/article/U...s-11231029.php

10+ Year Old Account
    On twitter:

"We should retaliate! Doesn't matter if he broke the law, he died! But nevermind the people killed by police in the US for reaching for guns that weren't even there, executed for petty or nonexistent crimes."

I feel terrible for the man and his family, he didn't deserve death. Meanwhile we have domestic issues back at home that need to be addressed.

Don't go to hostile nations.

Whats thats saying, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes", and now some people suddenly care about the treatment suspects?

GTFO of here with that noise.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-06-20 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    It'd not even directly targeted against NK... "...at the hands of regimes...".
    Apparently you can't read ... "The United States once again condemns the brutality of the North Korean regime..."

Not sure if it's already posted, but leave it to the Huffington post, which talks about white male privilege on a daily basis to interweave that into this story once more, and in the process pretty much suggesting that he deserved this lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/la-sha...b_9531122.html

- - - Updated - - -

On twitter:

"We should retaliate! Doesn't matter if he broke the law, he died! But nevermind the people killed by police in the US for reaching for guns that weren't even there, executed for petty or nonexistent crimes."

I feel terrible for the man and his family, he didn't deserve death. Meanwhile we have domestic issues back at home that need to be addressed.

Don't go to hostile nations.

Whats thats saying, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes", and now some people suddenly care about the treatment suspects?

GTFO of here with that noise.
    This has me scratching my head, so you're angry that people care about the treatment of suspects, but would instead rather have them care about the treatment of suspects? Am I getting this right? Have you considered that you get outraged over trivial things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Not sure if it's already posted, but leave it to the Huffington post, which talks about white male privilege on a daily basis to interweave that into this story once more, and in the process pretty much suggesting that he deserved this lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/la-sha...b_9531122.html

- - - Updated - - -

This has me scratching my head, so you're angry that people care about the treatment of suspects, but would instead rather have them care about the treatment of suspects? Am I getting this right? Have you considered that you get outraged over trivial things?
    No, I'm rolling my eye at the hypocrisy of some people. The fake concern for justice. Those beating war drums because a suspect was mistreated be law enforcement even though the same shit happens every day in the US but its swept under the rug.

No, I'm rolling my eye at the hypocrisy of some people. The fake concern for justice. Those beating war drums because a suspect was mistreated be law enforcement even though the same shit happens every day in the US but its swept under the rug.
    Interesting. So are you mad that Bill Cosby for example had a mistrial? Does that suggests for example that the US is not willing to punish black rapists? lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    To gain? Are you mistaking them for a real country?
    I'm saying their leaders aren't dumb enough to drink their own kool-aide, at least insofar that they think they're a tangible threat to anyone.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Where do you think is more dangerous for Americans to go, North Korea or Chicago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Interesting. So are you mad that Bill Cosby for example had a mistrial? Does that suggests for example that the US is not willing to punish black rapists? lol.
    I've commented on Cosby and what does his race have to do with anything?

I've commented on Cosby and what does his race have to do with anything?
    Color me shocked... race suddenly has nothing to do with it? lol. Have you thought perhaps the same holds true in other instances where you are outraged?

As for injustices being swept under the rug... have you considered that most people are against injustices but what you consider an injustice and what they consider an injustice may be entirely different?

Idiot travels to North Korea. Idiot then does something against their laws. Idiot dies. Darwinism at work.

Let's just hope Trump isn't watching much Fox News about this cause the fucking epic stupidity of them is unbelievable. They are calling for everything from retaliatory military action to political assassination. Fuck conservative media is 100% pure trash. Don't they have more radical van drivers they have to inspire?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Where do you think is more dangerous for Americans to go, North Korea or Chicago?
    I don't know. Which one is in America and which one is a foreign nation?

WTS one hostage, as is condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I think we should fire off some missiles at this little fat dictator.
    You'll have to convince the other fat little dictator to fire missiles at his friend though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.