Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you are a threat then you are a threat, Being Pregnant or mentally handicapped matters none.
    But then we question what constitutes as a threat. Would a 5 year old with a kitchen knife be considered a threat to "trained" police officers? And is lethal shooting the only answer? Why are taser guns out of the question?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    But then we question what constitutes as a threat. Would a 5 year old with a kitchen knife be considered a threat to "trained" police officers? And is lethal shooting the only answer? Why are taser guns out of the question?
    taser doesnt knock someone out, it wouldnt stop her from flailing and stabbing the child or lunging at the police.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Because tasers can be ineffective due to any number of things.

Also click at own risk to see how harmless knives are.

That is like asking why they don't use a taser when they are armed with a .22LR pistol

Just because as a cop you "sign up for the job" doesn't mean your life is forfeit.

Asking about a 5 year old is a strawman argument.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-06-20 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ctive-custody/

Family members arriving about two hours later were distraught and questioned why police shot her. She was “tiny,” they said, and believe her race — she is African American — was a factor.
    Sadly a good majority (take note I did not say ALL) of black people think this way regardless of what the situation is. Its like the cousin of that guy that was shot by a homeowner after he broke in her house. The cousin was like "hes from the hood how else is he going to make money, she should had let him go" Really? REALLY? (here is a link to that for those that think this is made up https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...f7PrswQlWyPJMw

You rob someone and get arrested and "African American — was a factor"
    You get caught selling drugs and go to jail - "African American — was a factor"
    Someone in the drive thru gets your order wrong - "African American — was a factor"

Its because of this fact that the race does not ever pull itself out of the 200 year old rutt its been in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If the police shot you in Seattle, it's probably your fault.
    Okay so, being a liberal who lives in the OTHER most liberal city in the country, I'll let you in on a little secret...

Liberals are racist, too.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    race has nothing to do with this, undertrained cops do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    he thinks that in the time between when she goes after one cop with the knife and the time she actually stabs him the second cops should be able to react, cross the distance and pin he weapon and subdue her safely without any risk.
    you have no idea the damage people can do with the life in a short span of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    If she were anything but black or this were any first world country besides the US, this wouldn't have resulted in her being shot.
    white people with weapons are shot all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Holding a knife isn't a legitimate threat in and of itself, nor is not dropping it upon command.

If she's lunging at them with a knife, then sure pull the trigger with my compliments. Until then use your fucking head and tase her. There's never just one cop there, one can keep a gun drawn on her in case she attacks while the other hits her with the taser. If the taser doesn't work and she lunges, blow her into her next life, with my compliments.
    so you should wait till some one is about to stab you before you can shoot them? good way to get your self killed i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Those who want respect, give respect.

If a police officer asks you to do something... you slowly and calmly do it. No questions ask. If they ask you to lay down, do it. If they ask you to do jumping jacks, do it. In today's environment of law enforcement, why take chances? The police are more under fire and pressure every day, so why give them any excuse to feel threatened?

Be polite, and give the officer the "yes sir, yes ma'am" treatment and guess what? You'll be fine. Doesn't matter what race, size, or sex you are... if you treat the officers with respect and authority, they'll respond in kind.
    this is not always an option for people with mental illness they might not understand the commands and have no way to compel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Generally, no. There are two problems here:

1. In the US, (and sometimes otherwise), police generally give 0 fucks about the safety of any black people, suspects or otherwise in doing. If you're black and something's 'amiss', there's a good chance you're getting shot, just to be sure. The likelihood of this happening decreases with 'closeness to being white'.

2. In the US, cops feel the need to 'win' instantly, no matter what. In other countries, protocol generally dictates that police wait a person out, calm them down, retreat and sit back, making sure other people aren't approaching. Situations like this happen all the time in other first world countries without lethal force ever being threatened, let alone being used.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha, that's not the way things work.
    you are living in a fantasy world if you think cops have no guard for black peoples safety.

10+ Year Old Account

No wonder people don't trust the police in some places. Why are they so trigger happy?
    No wonder people get shot, if they dont follow simple common sense. But even more importantly, why dont we wait for the facts to come out and the investigation to take place before we make a judgement on what happened.

Making an uninformed judgement demonstrates a willingness to ignore facts and go straight for emotion.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

If anything, I think being pregnant and having mental issues only makes it sound like it's more likely that she reacted in a way more inclined to get herself shot. Obviously they are being used as a way to create further bias against the officers involved but you have stop and wonder just how calm she was in the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Don't police in america have batons like in normal countries, could of hit the woman on the arm and made her drop the knife...
    "Hmm, a potentially unstable person wielding a knife. I'd better get within stabbing distance and smack her gently on the hand with a stick. That'll solve the problem."
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    No wonder people get shot, if they dont follow simple common sense. But even more importantly, why dont we wait for the facts to come out and the investigation to take place before we make a judgement on what happened.

Making an uninformed judgement demonstrates a willingness to ignore facts and go straight for emotion.
    Well considering that we all know that the OP loves posting these things and then going off half cocked on all of them, are we really surprised..

OT Even though this was probably a justified shooting you know that people like the OP will play the race card, and riot over it citing police brutality..

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    white people with weapons are shot all the time.
    Yeah, but the optics of that are harder to play up for the news.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ctive-custody/

No wonder people don't trust the police in some places. Why are they so trigger happy?
    Key words: She had a knife.

Don't be freaking out with a knife in your hands when cops arrive.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Actually, yeah.

Plenty of instances of white men with knives and guns, and they don't get shot (or just shot with taser)...including those having a history with police and mental health problems.

A small sampling (first guy had an arrest record)...
    snip.
    Bonus video - two guys (one white, one black) walk around in a legal open carry area. Minor difference in treatment...

If you think race doesn't play a factor, you are either ignorant of the facts or outright delusional...
    you do know not one cop deals with all the crime in world right? people react differently that does not mean they shot her because of her race white people are shot with weapons just as often i'm sure black people are tazed just as often

Knives are not toys. You can do a lot of fatal damage in a VERY short amount of time, and basically negate the advantage of your opponent having a gun if you close the distance gap. Pregnant woman or not, cops don't fuck around if you're armed with a knife and refuse to drop it when instructed to. Nor should they.

i see the usual suspects are blaming the usual people and defending the criminal.

sigh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    i see the usual suspects are blaming the usual people and defending the criminal.

sigh
    they weren't even a criminal.

there are reasons on both sides to be against what the cops did and for it. in america the police are not trained to deal with the mentally illness or knifes properly while on the other side a knife is a deadly weapon and some times deadly force is the right option.

Darn, I could only stomach the first half a dozen pages of reading responses. Did anyone ever come up with the "why dint day shoot dat knife outz her hand ?". it's one of my favorite "cops are evil and shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves from being attacked" allegations I tednt to find in this cases.

Deleted
    So in the UK, cops without guns managed to get a terror attack under control with batons. In the US a pregnant woman with a knife needs to get shot. Ok. I'm sure there's great cops in the us that do their job in a proper way. But they sure do make themselves look like a bunch of undertrained clowns in general.

There isn't a single woman who is 30 and pregnant that I can't stop myself barehanded. She can have all the knives in the world. Pregnant and 30. god sake people. 2 police vs 1 30 years old pregnant woman. Run and give her a flying kick in the face.

Still it was like better safe than be sorry I think.
    Last edited by Gref; 2017-06-20 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    There isn't a single woman who is 30 and pregnant that I can't stop myself barehanded. She can have all the knives in the world. Pregnant and 30. god sake people. 2 police vs 1 30 years old pregnant woman. Run and give her a flying kick in the face.

Still it was like better safe than be sorry I think.
    I think you either need to take your meds or book an appointment with a psychiatrist. If you honestly think you can just subdue an adult with a knife barehanded, I'd welcome you to try it because natural selection still exists and it's an amazing thing.

Maybe you should show these gentleman getting stabbed/killed by a drunk with a knife some of your skills.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2017-06-20 at 04:42 AM.