Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Sean Spicer Out as Press Secretary

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ress-secretary

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer will step back from giving reporters the daily press briefing and is searching for his replacement at the podium.

"We have sought input from many people as we look to expand our communications operation. As he did in the beginning, Sean Spicer is managing both the communications and press office," White House officials said in a statement Monday.

RELATED CONTENT

White House press secretary Sean Spicer greets reporters during the 139th Easter Egg Roll on the South Lawn of the White House April 17, 2017 in Washington, DC.

Spicer will continue to fill the duties of the communications director – a post that has been empty since the end of May after the resignation of Mike Dubke.

There has been plenty of speculation about Spicer's job almost since the first day of the Trump administration, when he came before members of the media to defend the new president's claims about crowd sizes at his inauguration. The chatter has ramped up in recent weeks, as he gave over many of his briefing duties to his deputy, Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

The White House has reportedly not yet settled on a title for Spicer's new role, which is part of a broader shakeup meant to wipe the slate clean after a series of communications missteps.

According to Politico, Spicer and White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus are interviewing candidates for the press secretary role. Among the candidates are said to be Laura Ingraham, the Fox News personality and a potential candidate to challenge Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., and David Martosko, the editor of the Daily Mail, who met with senior White House strategist Steve Bannon last week.

Sanders has reportedly told people she does not want the job.

Kimberly Guilfoyle, a co-host of Fox News' "The Five," last month said she had conversations with the Trump administration about taking over the role, but apparently has not been formally interviewed.
    Spicer: 2017-2017

Going to miss that guy.
    Last edited by kail; 2017-06-20 at 04:55 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got $50 on Alex Jones becoming the next Press Secretary.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I'm still holding out on the long odds that we'll get Press Secretary Laura Ingraham.

I'm going to miss our little weeb press secretary, he didn't even last 6 months in the job : (

10+ Year Old Account
    Spicey had the best standup routine of the first half of 2017.

Real talk, seems like he finally found his nuts.

Please let it be a clown from Fox News. PLEASE!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    He was already out. In his last conference, no cameras, no recording. He refused any questions twice in a couple months' time. And then there was his substitutes Huckabee-Sanders and Mattiis. Oh...and the alleged screaming match Trump had with him when SNL potrayed Spicer with a woman.

Very much like Trump not being impeached but becoming untouchably toxic, Spicer can stay or go for all I care. His reputation is garbage. He's beyond a joke and somewhere into pity.

Good, it was getting beyond masochistic.

There sure seems to be a lot of turnover for someone who was so great at picking the best people.

Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I got $50 on Alex Jones becoming the next Press Secretary.
    I don't think I can handle the laughter. Seriously, it will be lethal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    There sure seems to be a lot of turnover for someone who was so great at picking the best people.

Strange.
    To find someone capable of performing Press Secretary with the current WH administration would be a miracle.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

really Trump should scrap the press secretary position anyway. not like he's capable of going along with whatever narrative they come up with anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ress-secretary

Spicer: 2017-2017

Going to miss that guy.
    Now who is Melissa McCarthy going to imitate on SNL?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    really Trump should scrap the press secretary position anyway. not like he's capable of going along with whatever narrative they come up with anyway.
    It doesn't help that when Spicey goes out to the podium to produce a narrative that Trump contradicts it literally less than 24 hours later.

Poor SNL, there goes their best segment.

Good nightey Mr Spicey. I don't know if there's another soul on earth who could do such a good job being Baghdad Bob for the Trump Administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

RIP Spicer. You were a good dog, the best dog a president could hope to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    RIP Spicer. You were a good dog, the best dog a president could hope to have.
    The Pence's did just get a puppy...

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post

It doesn't help that when Spicey goes out to the podium to produce a narrative that Trump contradicts it literally less than 24 hours later.
    well, duh, that's an example backing up the reasoning behind what I said. every president before Trump has had the ability to go along with a predetermined strategy to stay on the same page, but Trump is totally incapable of ignoring his knee jerk reactions and it shows in all of his behavior so far.

Another win! tired yet??

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did with all that stuttering trying to think of something to say.

So maybe it'll be Sarah Huckabee Sanders?

Then Melissa McCarthy wouldn't need to go through makeup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on, melissa lost the gig?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Trump getting rid of 2 jobs. But he did give Lawyers lawyers a job. Swings and roundabouts.