Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Why would anyone even care about Heroic? No one is keeping score. Mythic is where the race starts.
    I know for some it will be face roll, but us plebs will have to work our way through Heroic before we can start Mythic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    In heroic he will die on the first day depending on who raids, after Wed/Thurs dead for sure many times over. Heroic is such a joke most guilds that go bananas in mythic progression don't adjust raid times during heroics.

- - - Updated - - -

3 nights a week and you are okay with being in heroic for up to 6 weeks, Yuck.
    Maybe 4 weeks lol. We don't know. Honestly, I don't know what to expect from these guys. I don't claim to be elite myself; I think of myself as solid/steady. I'll be MT on my pally, as their bear wanted to go dps this tier. They have a core of good players, and are chill to raid with, but aren't all that disciplined about starting on time. So I am going into it without too many expectations and hoping for the best.

The real question..... Will LFR KJ get to 20 stacks of determination.....

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrubRouge View Post
    The real question..... Will LFR KJ get to 20 stacks of determination.....
    Now THAT reminds me of Archimonde
    I had just started playing again, after a 4 year break, didn't know anyone as all my friends had faded away while I was gone, and actually ran some LFR to get the swing of things. Must say, that took lots of determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    It's Heroic. The better question is if there's any chance H Kil'Jaeden survives longer than 24 hours. Nobody managed to kill him on the PTR (as far as I'm aware) So that might give some hope though on a not instant kill
    Don't they normally buff the HP on bosses on the PTR because the point is testing the mechanics for bugs and whatnot, and not actually killing the boss?

Anyway

He might, given the loot tables for ToS, normal ToS gives the same loot (900-910) as mythic NH. Not to mention one of the challenge appearance tints requires you to kill Heroic KJ with the appearance on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You'd think incorrectly. They even openly admitted that Heroic Archimonde was tuned around the legendary ring.
    He's half right, Archimonde mythic was defeated by Method with no legendary rings.

I doubt M KJ can survive a week, many guilds are super overgeared right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    He's half right, Archimonde mythic was defeated by Method with no legendary rings.
    Didn't they have 1?
    Or was that someone else?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I know for some it will be face roll, but us plebs will have to work our way through Heroic before we can start Mythic.
    Oh yeah sure. My guild doesn't even raid mythic, we're just casual baddies. But that's not really what I meant. In the context of "competitive raiding" Heroic progress is just not super interesting, because none of the top guilds are focused on clearing it.

For me, it's of course super interesting - but no one cares about my shitty guild :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he meant mythic instead of heroic? ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I doubt M KJ can survive a week, many guilds are super overgeared right now.
    pretty sure the gear gap between NH and ToS is greater than ToV to NH. You can't out gear Mythic ToS.
    If they made it like M Guldan, then I would say closer to 2 weeks for the World first mythic clear. Judging on PTR, seems like KJ is another long fight. But will depend if there will be a secret stage for mythic. I guess we will see.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by casserole View Post
    If no guilds clear H KJ in the first week, then the encounter is likely out of reach for the vast majority of guilds without substantial nerfs. This is not good design and would be a catastrophic failure on Blizzard's part.

Last boss in a heroic instance should be hard, yes, but it shouldn't be harder than any mythic bosses beyond the first two or three.
    The thing is Kil'Jaeden is the last boss of the raid and you can't have him too easy or people will be up in arms that it was boringly too easy and that Blizz can't even make an interesting raid encounter.. In the end we will just have to wait and see what it is like..

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Actually...

They were only at 890 ilvl...
    It was only 890 at first.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrubRouge View Post
    pretty sure the gear gap between NH and ToS is greater than ToV to NH. You can't out gear Mythic ToS.
    If they made it like M Guldan, then I would say closer to 2 weeks for the World first mythic clear. Judging on PTR, seems like KJ is another long fight. But will depend if there will be a secret stage for mythic. I guess we will see.
    The other interesting thing is the fog of war that they are trying for the first time as one of the intermission phases..

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Didn't they have 1?
    Or was that someone else?
    Paragon had 1. Exorsus had 3. Method 0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    No. He might last the day, but even that is a stretch nowadays imo.
    But they only last so long because all good guilds do x splitruns. Very possible they first do 2-5 split groups clearing normal TOS and 7/8 bosses TOS hc before focussing on KJ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Paragon had 1. Exorsus had 3. Method 0.
    That 1 ring probably decided the race. xD

Deleted
    PTR isn't comparable since overall item level is scaled down and boss HP is overtuned to allow for "testing". The fight doesn't sound overly complicated so I'm gonna go with 2-3 days at very most.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to drop dead in one day.

It will be much easier than the PTR tests, that is for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way it survives the week is if the encounter is bugged in some way. A heroic encounter will never be hard enough for it to take more than a single lockout to clear for the top guilds.

15+ Year Old Account
    No chance . im betting same day, maybe even the US can kill it first and get a worldfirst for once LUL
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s