Poll: Should developers include graphic/resolution options on consoles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People who say they can't play games at 30 fps are funny...yes obviously I want 60 fps, but if its 30 I rarely notice. All I care about is a stable frame rate. If it's 30, then it stays at 30 always or 60 it's 60 always. I can't stand fluctuating frame rates and that's when games become unplayable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    People who say they can't play games at 30 fps are funny...yes obviously I want 60 fps, but if its 30 I rarely notice. All I care about is a stable frame rate. If it's 30, then it stays at 30 always or 60 it's 60 always. I can't stand fluctuating frame rates and that's when games become unplayable to me.
    a stable 30 is "playable" but when we have the tech to push for 60fps why do we get stuck with trying to push for 2160p, because 4k is "marketable" its only what people think they want cause its tossed around all the time 4k this 4k that 4k 4k 4k 4k.

I understand that the processors in these consoles (specifically want the xbox one x to replace my original model) are not god tier but I really wish more games (see Halo, Gears, Ark. etc) would aim for 60fps. the benefit form going to a mostly stable 60fps from a mostly stable 30fps is out of this world! so much more value then getting more resolution or lighting effects or whatever.

the stupid developers at destiny can talk about parody all they want there is not cross platform play, the only thing is there will be people with base models and the new models and even then if Gears and Halo can hit 60fps on the original model xbox one (worst of all the "next gen models") then destiny could be made to do the same period. A lot of games are running under 1080p on the original models, destiny can as well. people always shit their pants that some games run at 900p or something and complain about how the base ps4 or xbox one cant hit 1080p and now look where we are trying to push 2160p.

I am just saying in what fucking year will I be able to have a box that is specifically only designed to play video games where everyone targets 60fps. the standard for EVERY GAME should ABSOLUTELY be 60fps. Then I look at nintendo and they low ball their specs so hard that games like breathe of the wild can barely even freaking stay at 30fps on their new hardware its a joke...

I could take the 500 bucks I may spend on the xbox and just upgrade my computer but I really dislike gaming on PC it does not come with the peace of mind that a console does. consoles also have the benefit of developers being able to put a game out for a few pieces of hardware and it lets them optimize it and make sure it runs fine (I understand now days stuff gets pushed out the door fast and there is lots of problems).

My PC does the job on high settings for all the blizzard games I play and I rarely if ever drop below 60 frames but when I do I notice and I hate it. if a game is stable at 30 and never drops its ok but its noticeable to be playing @ 30 and its honestly unacceptable when compared to 60.
    Last edited by Barcasaur; 2017-06-20 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I actually think that "fools argument" would be the reverse seeing as multiple developers have cited the CPU being a bottleneck still.

But you know more then developers right? 2.1/2.3 ghz jaguar cores are not going to magically double your frame rate when all you did was increase gpu horse power.

If a game was designed to run at a locked 30, it's going to become cpu bottlenecked if you try to start running it at 60. You don't understand how resources are used if you're trying to argue otherwise.

If a game is designed to run at a high unlocked framerate, or 60 fps it will still do so with the res boost and maybe even a more stable frame rate.

If you think frame rates can magically double just by increasing gpu power, when the game was already fully optimized for your cpu at 30 fps and the cpu is barely an upgrade you don't understand game development, programming or optimization.
    Nah CPU based game is indeed a fools argument in 2017. Its shitty developer simply using refurbished old techs instead of developing or buying new engines on the market. The fact that we still have so many game engines still running on the architecture of fucking quake 3, is lazy shit. We have plently of engines now that effectively makes high end CPU in gaming obsolete, because they are simply made that way from the ground up.

You literally past a bunch of shit that is exactly the problem, lazy dev that design bottom tier shit. Doubling the ghz of the cpu wouldnt have double the frame rates either. The era of CPU gaming has been over for a while. When a company that always had poor engines like bungie claim they cant get 30 fps, NO SHIT. Wouldnt matter what hardward they get, their engines are always terrible. Halo CE had such a shit performance on PC for how little the game actually was visually. It was years behind UT2003, but somehow harder to run. Bad engine dev are just that, bad engine dev.

The lack of console CPU is just a shit excuse, because other manages it. Its even a shit argument on PC, others manage it now.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-06-20 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This makes 0 sense. You bridge the load over both the CPU and GPU to maximize the hardware.
    Theres more then one way to allocate them and for different purpose. Again most of these problems are engine specific. People are putting too much focus on hardware only with the argument, forgetting engines allocation does alot of the job here and some dev are just trash at it period. Even if PS4 pro and Xbox one X double the cores speed, i guarantee you destiny 2 wouldnt have 60 fps either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Theres more then one way to allocate them and for different purpose. Again most of these problems are engine specific. People are putting too much focus on hardware only with the argument, forgetting engines allocation does alot of the job here and some dev are just trash at it period. Even if PS4 pro and Xbox one X double the cores speed, i guarantee you destiny 2 wouldnt have 60 fps either.
    So you're basically asking them to develop an entirely different version of the game and recode it to use resources differently? Even then there are things you can't allocate to the GPU period and GPU compute can only go so far. This is not your PC only using 30% of your cpu, these games are already fully optimized and using all of the jaguar cores power and those only get a minor boost in the console refreshes.

Yea, I'm sure they'll get right on that doubling up their costs for developing the games for 2 niche versions of hardware with small install bases.

You keep using your "lul trash dev" argument yet literally no developer has magically doubled their frame rate with a PS4 Pro patch. The only games we have seem improve framerate wise are the ones that either 1) couldn't maintain a constant 30 and now do, 2) couldn't maintain a constant 60 and now do or 3) had an unlocked framerate and got a boost.

Every developer is literally a trash developer. Only the God King Ouch truly understands how to develop games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    while this is the case for bungee, I just would be a lot happier if the majority of developers would target 60fps honestly its worth whatever sacrifice to me to hit that number.

I see a game like Anthem or Metro and its like yep that demo you showed off was insanely impressive on the graphical front, but I would like to run it at 60fps, no matter what the sacrifice is. I know my current computer configuration probably wont be able to run games like that with a stable 60 frames =S and I just really enjoy the ease of use and piece of mind that comes with playing on console.

So you're basically asking them to develop an entirely different version of the game and recode it to use resources differently? Even then there are things you can't allocate to the GPU period and GPU compute can only go so far. This is not your PC only using 30% of your cpu, these games are already fully optimized and using all of the jaguar cores power and those only get a minor boost in the console refreshes.

Yea, I'm sure they'll get right on that doubling up their costs for developing the games for 2 niche versions of hardware with small install bases.

You keep using your "lul trash dev" argument yet literally no developer has magically doubled their frame rate with a PS4 Pro patch. The only games we have seem improve framerate wise are the ones that either 1) couldn't maintain a constant 30 and now do, 2) couldn't maintain a constant 60 and now do or 3) had an unlocked framerate and got a boost.

Every developer is literally a trash developer. Only the God King Ouch truly understands how to develop games.
    well the ps4 to ps4 pro was hardly a jump up. the xbox one x is at least a pretty meaningful power increase.
    Last edited by Barcasaur; 2017-06-20 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    well the ps4 to ps4 pro was hardly a jump up. the xbox one x is at least a pretty meaningful power increase.
    /facepalm

They're the exact same shit, but 1 year separated tech wise.

1 year? I got the Xbox One in 2013. the S model is basically equivalent but the X model is a pretty sizable upgrade... how can you say the X model is the same shit?

1 year? I got the Xbox One in 2013. the S model is basically equivalent but the X model is a pretty sizable upgrade... how can you say the X model is the same shit?
    Who the hell is comparing the Xbox One S to the Xbox One X?

Are you trying to strawman?

Or do you think the Xbox One S is comparable to the PS4 Pro?

Either way, LOL.

The PS4 to PS4 Pro was quite a jump(Not as big as PS2 to PS3) But still quite a jump.

3X GPU Power with a around a 35% CPU Overclock, To add the Pro came with a 1TB HD over the base PS4 having 500GB (unless u was lucky to find the 1TB model).

- - - Updated - - -

The S Model is equivalent to what? The PS4 Pro??????

If so then fucken LOL because the Xbox One S is no where near PS4 Pro.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

for the xbox's case, if gears of war and halo 5 can achieve the 60fps mark on the original consoles and gears slated to hit the 4k/60 mark with the new one then why in the world would a game like destiny 2 not be able to hit 60fps especially considering just going with 1080.

And if for some reason it can't (which I find very hard to believe) then I would go as far to want less fidelity on top of that to hit the mark.

It really drives me crazy that apparently everyone else in the world is ok playing picture slideshows, I personally just want motion when I am playing a game.
    The best that we know is that the game engine for Destiny 2 is still a steaming pile of shit and still runs like ass. Of course, Bungie would never mention something like this, but it makes sense seeing how old and/or shitty game engines have problems achieving higher framrates due to their heavy reliance on the CPU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Pushing 6 teraflops while 1080ti pushing 11 teraflops

New generaaaaatiiiion obsolete before it ships. Fiddly dee

Who the fuck runs 4k on pc to only get 30 fps. If you wouldnt do it on pc qhy is it a good idea to do it on locked hardware console. Fuckin idiots i tell you.
    Using the top, high end card on the market atm that costs $700 by itself and acting like this is a good comparison to use for every gamer in existence......

Yeah.....okay.....

Who the hell is comparing the Xbox One S to the Xbox One X?

Are you trying to strawman?

Or do you think the Xbox One S is comparable to the PS4 Pro?

Either way, LOL.
    Do you know how to read? When did I EVER COMPAIR THE S to the PS4 Pro.

You seriously have issues.

Xbox One Original is comparable to the Xbox One S model.

The Xbox One X is a sizeable upgrade from the original and the S

The Ps4 Pro is obviously greater then the original Xbox One and the S but a bit behind the X model.

You seriously need to chill out and read something before assuming crap I was specifically just talking about the xbox one's in my post.

when I said "the xbox one x is a meaningful jump" I figured it could be assumed it was a jump up from the previous models of the xbox that are basically the same box. either way the X is quite a bit better then the ps4 pro, but I understand you don't care and think they are all a waste of space.

@Jtbrig7390 I never was trying to cross compare, I did not realize the ps4 Pro was as big of a jump as you say I have no experience or knowledge of the ps4/ps4 pro's specifications I just knew the X was said to go somewhat higher in gpu
    Last edited by Barcasaur; 2017-06-20 at 11:54 PM.

@Jtbrig7390 I never was trying to cross compare, I did not realize the ps4 Pro was as big of a jump as you say I have no experience or knowledge of the ps4/ps4 pro's specifications I just knew the X was said to go somewhat higher in gpu
    No biggy wasn't sure if u was comparing them or not.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    This. I don't give two shits whether I'm playing at 30 or 60 fps. What matters to me is if the game is playable and my enjoyment of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. I don't give two shits whether I'm playing at 30 or 60 fps. What matters to me is if the game is playable and my enjoyment of it.
    Agreed, But I would like the option to chose 30fps or 60fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Agreed, But I would like the option to chose 30fps or 60fps.
    Oh same. But if games are 30 fps it doesn't bother me. 30 is more than playable and mainly what matters to me is if I am enjoying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I like the idea of the XBOX (best acronym)

It gives us a small glimpse into the next gen along with the PS4 pro. I expect the PS5 and Xbox (math equation) to be pretty solid. Same with the next line of PC parts.
    Edit #1: Deleted post. Must be the heat scrambled my brain and caused me to post in a console topic. Better drink some tea.
    Last edited by Diaspar; 2017-06-21 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Sweet flying spaghetti monster why would I ever want to post in a console topic

It would be nice if the Xbox One X gave us options like 1080p/60fps, 2160p/30fps, etc, etc. But truth be told, I don't play consoles games for their framerates. I play console games for their online services/communities and their stable, optimized, no bullshit performance because devs don't have to worry about a multitude of configurations to account for like they do on PCs.

Besides, if I want the absolute best framerate possible in a particular game for whatever reason, I'll just play it on my gaming PC with my 144Hz monitor. Most of the games I get for console, I don't give two shits about what the framerate actually is as long as it's rock solid at whatever they choose to set it at, be it 30fps, 45fps, or 60fps

But of course, having options is never a bad thing in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    It would be nice if the Xbox One X gave us options like 1080p/60fps, 2160p/30fps, etc, etc. But truth be told, I don't play consoles games for their framerates. I play console games for their online services/communities and their stable, optimized, no bullshit performance because devs don't have to worry about a multitude of configurations to account for like they do on PCs.

Besides, if I want the absolute best framerate possible in a particular game for whatever reason, I'll just play it on my gaming PC with my 144Hz monitor. Most of the games I get for console, I don't give two shits about what the framerate actually is as long as it's rock solid at whatever they choose to set it at, be it 30fps, 45fps, or 60fps

But of course, having options is never a bad thing in the end.
    AMEN!

I have a gaming PC (which is lying dormant) and and Alienware laptop with a 1080ti in a Graphics Amplifer. While there are games I play on PC, I prefer to game on consoles for the exact reasons you have. I work in IT and sit at a computer all day as well, so the last thing I want to do is go home and game in front of a computer. I like going home, flopping on the couch, kicking my feet up on the coffee table and diving into a great game on either my Xbox One S or PS4 Pro. While I favor one over the other, both are great machines and have great games. So I have my options... I can play my consoles on my 4K TV or I can connected my laptop via the graphics amp to my TV as well.

And yes... I will be pre-ordering an Xbox One X as soon as I can.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Interesting watch for anyone who wants to know the differences.