Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Was being black the sole reason for being shot? highly doubtly.
    Was it part of it? Ofcourse, thousands of factors are.
    So is the factor that police officers in the US uses lethal force more likely than let's say, Belgium.

The more factors that encourages lethal force are present, the more likely it will manifest.
    It's the roll of the dice.

Did she fuck up? Yes.
    Did the police fuck up? Yes.
    Both are at blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    Here I fixed it for you.

1) As much as certain vocal groups would like to make you believe the opposite -- there is a difference between men and women. In most cases in body mass and strength at least. Now sure there are exception -- even a tiny lady when trained can down an untrained gorilla type guy -- but I don't think that was the case here
    2) Pregnant not relevant? Excuse me? Is your moral compass completely fucked up or something? Well. at least the one the cops could be be functioning. The unborn child kinda didn't do anything you know? But I do agree that it MAY be irrelevant -- in cases (which could also be this one) where it's simply not recognisable that the woman is pregnant. Even then it is not relevant just for the resolution of the situation at the moment, it still kinda makes the outcome more tragic.

- - - Updated - - -

Coz evolution and empirical evidence. Yes there are exception and yes, my sarcasm detector may not be tuned finely enough in this case.
    Your perception of reality is fucked up.

A woman with a knife can kill you.

A pregnant woman with a weapon can also kill you. The fact that she was pregnant may not even be obvious in hindsight.

You are confusing morality with facts accounting for a potentially dangerous situation, in which her being a human with a weapon and a mental disorder that already had issues with police in the past is the only relevant information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I don't deny that black people may be more of a problematic group statistically. Although again I would argue that problem here is more complex -- the issue is not the race, the issue is the environment. Poor people, people who live in ghettos and certain city areas / communities are more problematic, historically it just happened to be black people, however I believe that if you compared with white people from the same environment there wouldn't be much of a difference.

Frankly I don't care enough to actually do this kind of a research so it is just a "feeling" based on a similar problem we have with one specific minority in my country (In that they tend not to uphold the law more often).
    Start here.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    History with police? Check.
    Mental health problems? Check.
    Weapon? Check.

Yeah, I wonder why she was shot. Must've been race.

The OP and the left don't care about facts....they just care that someone black (that they don't care about) was shot by a cop. The Obama admin is gone and repudiated- this is left over regressive tactics to try and once again demonize all cops while ignoring the huge fuck ups of the so called "victim".
    More leftist click bait....it is a leftist website so.....not surprised. Although since the left got their asses handed to them in November....I've noticed less anti-white SJW's on these forums...I guess with the regressive lefts defeat...they couldn't afford as many trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure it wasn't racism.......
    The funnything is...even when black, latino, or asian cops kill someone...the left and Black lies Matter always claim its white racism. The Baltimore police were 90% black, with a black police chief, a black mayor, and a black city council...all democrats....yet the left and SJW's STILL blamed white people.
    The fact is that when cops go into black community's they are stepping into the middle of war zones. More blacks kill blacks in chicago every year then there were casualties in the Iraq war in a year. It takes 4-5 years of fighting in Iraq to total the same casualties that the black community inflicts upon itself in ONE US city....ONE. Infact if you remove Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Flint, and all those other majority black areas....the US falls from the 4th highest in gun violence in the world...to the 4th from the bottom. THAT is what those cops are going through everyday....multiple war zones within the minority community. Now we have to hear about every single thing that happens between a cop and a minority....even if that minority was 100% wrong and already a criminal with multiple offenses...the left and the former Obama regime would take their side....because that is what the left does to overthrow nations...take over healthcare, try to take away their guns, and then lie to them over and over.
    Happens in every leftist nation. All the Europeans can do to stop terrorism is call the cops and HOPE that they can get there fast enough...in America we can stop the little jihadist before he gets past the front gate like they did in Texas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Your perception of reality is fucked up.

A woman with a knife can kill you.

A pregnant woman with a weapon can also kill you. The fact that she was pregnant may not even be obvious in hindsight.

You are confusing morality with facts accounting for a potentially dangerous situation, in which her being a human with a weapon and a mental disorder that already had issues with police in the past is the only relevant information.
    That's what the left does. They don't care about any facts or anything. All they know is another "evil white man" shot another super sweet and college driven black male/female...because college is now a BIG thing in the hood....lol

The only way american police officers knows how to deal with people with mental health problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    So a lab study, where the participants know they're being observed and thus are likely to act differently, refutes years of real world data?
    When considered in concert with Fryer's work demonstrating that police are no more likely to shoot black suspects, the total takeaway should be that data is mixed and that there is not sufficient evidence to conclude that there's a racial disparity in police shootings.

At a minimum, people could stop insisting that they have some heavy weight of evidence on their side with silly exaggerations like:
    If you think race doesn't play a factor, you are either ignorant of the facts or outright delusional...

I seen plenty of pregnant women move fast
    lol, police are trained to never under-estimates a pregnant woman

7+ Year Old Account
    Have the american police never heard of "don't shoot to kill", or can they simple not aim and hit a leg?
    And don't come with the piss poor excuse of "in the heat of the moment..". A police officer should be able to handle such a situation without getting trigger happy.

They can in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ctive-custody/

No wonder people don't trust the police in some places. Why are they so trigger happy?
    Why are you bringing up her race? Nice to see race bait threads are still ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    An insane individual holding a knife, screaming and calling the cops the KKK while they're investigating a burglary got shot.

Why isn't this hard to believe?
    Because racist think the cops are really the KKK.

After seeing John Wick kill two more people with a fuckin' pencil, i think the cops made the correct decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    lol, police are trained to never under-estimates a pregnant woman
    Especially the belly slap, the belly slap is incredibly dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Have the american police never heard of "don't shoot to kill", or can they simple not aim and hit a leg?
    And don't come with the piss poor excuse of "in the heat of the moment..". A police officer should be able to handle such a situation without getting trigger happy.

Using a less lethal weapon would be a perfectly good choice, but the "shoot them in the leg!" thing comes pretty much only from people who have no idea at all what they're talking about. No, police are not trained to shoot at legs, for a number of fairly obvious reasons:

1) Hitting a leg on a moving target is much harder than hitting center mass
    2) Shooting someone in the leg is frequently fatal anyways - bleeding out from a femoral wound is common
    3) Shooting someone in the leg will not necessarily stop their advance

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Good, now I know I can discount everything else you say.
    You go ahead and stay in your little safe space. I couldn't care less. You do you, cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post

I don't know which country you're speaking of, but "don't shoot to kill" is a pretty broad, useless statement. Anytime you shoot someone there's a decent chance they'll die, particularly when you're aiming for their chest/stomach (i.e., center of mass, the easiest thing to hit in a hostile situation). I don't know if it's movies and TV or just people completely misunderstanding how hard it is to hit a target under duress or what, but police aren't qualified sharpshooters with a handgun, and if you miss or wound there's a chance the threat will continue.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Tstr88 View Post
    You go ahead and stay in your little safe space. I couldn't care less. You do you, cupcake.
    you seem to misunderstand, I don't discuss with children who can't argue without involving emotion. Grow the fuck up.

- - - Updated - - -

Your arguments are partially correct. The fact that she had a knife certainly introduced a risk. It possible (although improbable I would say) that the officer could have asses the women to by enough of a physical threat. Yes the woman was endangering the child. You are also missing/are wrong in other aspects.

Pregnancy is relevant (and so is the presence of children or any other people in the scene). The officers goal is to resolve the situation with minimal damage. In this case the outcome of their "minimal damage" are two dead (the woman and her unborn child) and three mentally scarred children. There is of course a chance that this was the only possible course of action however it is very had to belive since a simple taser gun could have minimise the mental damage to those children and save at least one life (not really sure how unborn babies deal with mother getting shot by a taser).
    What is more likely is that the officers didn't chose to minimise the damage but chose the absolutely safest course of actions for them -- which to be honest is understandable from a human point of view, however it is not compatible with their line of work.

A nice comparison comes to mind... How often do you see fire fighters decide to leave the people in a burning building because the danger is too high? It has to be really flipping high for such decision to be made. The fact that there is a danger doesn't mean you don't look for a solution which saves lives -- even though it's always going to be safer for the fire fighters not to go into that building.
    Watch the video i posted further back. The fact that there's a knife means it's incredibly dangerous, especially when she is mentally unstable.

They don't have to resolve situations with minimal damage, that's a really bad way to deal with it. Else if a cop is faced two robbers alone he should kill himself to minimize the damage?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    The previous time she called the cops she had scissors and they...talked to her.

This time she got cops that decided she needed to be shot.

This particular Police force in Seattle is already under investigation for allegedly for shooting people they find to be an annoyance.

Do you think, maybe, this could have been resolved another way? I mean there does seem to be plenty of people that find killing "annoyances" to be a solution. It's okay to voice that opinion- Trump has said worse and he's the President of the United States.

Just don't expect people to agree. Outside the U.S there are "less lethal" solutions usually deployed first, for example.
    of course there was another way but american police are not trained in those ways there only real training is to shoot a threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Unfortunately in America, a white person holding a gun likely will not get shot by police officers unless he starts shooting at them. Black person with a weapon likely will unless he/she immediately drops the weapon. This is a not a "racist" behavior but something ingrained in their Psyche due to real life experiences. Most white gun owners have legal guns. Black people don't.
    white people with weapons get show all the time there is no psyche to shoot black people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Unfortunately in America, a white person holding a gun likely will not get shot by police officers unless he starts shooting at them. Black person with a weapon likely will unless he/she immediately drops the weapon. This is a not a "racist" behavior but something ingrained in their Psyche due to real life experiences. Most white gun owners have legal guns. Black people don't.
    white people with weapons get show all the time there is no psyche to shoot black people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, shoot first. Sounds like great logic for police. Not.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Was anything preventing them from leaving the premises?
    Their overwhelming feeling of helping her.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstr88 View Post
    It's called using your brain, moron. You know? Using evidence and what you know to assess the situation before you ever walk into it? The caller is a distraught woman, scared of a burglary. Thus, if you answer the call and it's a distraught armed woman, you can assume she most likely is the caller and thus you should diffuse before firing. But you know, that would require you to actually have a brain and on top of that, actually use it.

It's no utopia kiddo. As a police officer, you're expected to keep the peace and shit is dangerous. If your main goal is "just make it home alive" and your own safety then you're in wrong line of work as a cop. They are better suited to something nice and safe, like maybe sell insurance, perhaps sell cupcakes?

In the old days, cops would have just batoned the bitch to the ground and a swift kick to the head. But this new weak millennial generation of police are just not built for it. Constantly scared and have no concept how to defend themselves without a firearm. Someone can wave a cane at them from 100 yards away and they'll shoot them down and go THANK GOD HE MIGHT HAVE ALMOST CLOSED IN ON ME AND THEN HOW COULD I POSSIBLY DEFEND MYSELF IN THIS SITUATION THAT HE CALLED ME TO IN THE FIRST PLACE?
    they didn't walk in and shoot her she didn't have the knife when they arrived instead of trying to insult people maybe you should read the reports? and weak millennial generation of police? really? you do know you don't just stop being a cop when some one younger then you apply's for the job right?

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    you seem to misunderstand, I don't discuss with children who can't argue without involving emotion. Grow the fuck up.
    There was zero emotion behind my statement. You said something moronic so I called you a moron. The only emotion was your hurt feelings and then disengaging yourself from the conversation because of your hurt feelings. You say something stupid and i'll call you stupid. Cry about it all you want.