Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    9th inning of the world series broke him.

- - - Updated - - -

I fucking loved Vlady, dude was insanely talented.
    Yeah, I recall seeing him a lot when he was with the Expos. The guy could hit, that's for sure!

Scouting reports are already coming back with lots of positives for his kid, some analysts say 2 years before he is in the MLB if he can dominate AA and AAA ball like he has A ball at 18. Odds are he moves up to Dunedin this week after the all star game for A ball.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Archer to Cubs is heating up, scared it's going to cost 2 top prospects considering his contract

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Archer to Cubs is heating up, scared it's going to cost 2 top prospects considering his contract
    His contract is pretty amazing, I know the Dodgers balked at his trade price, it probably would've included Urias and/or Bellinger, and the way Bellinger is tearing up the league the front office was right to sit that one out.

- - - Updated - - -

Speak of the devil, 3rd mult-HR game in the past week, 21 in 51 career games. leads the NL, ridiculous!

Also playoff game type atmosphere, and by that I mean Kershaw was terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

and Turner is hitting .399
    Last edited by draynay; 2017-06-20 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Also playoff game type atmosphere, and by that I mean Kershaw was terrible.
    The Peyton Manning of baseball.

I needed those Reyes HRs... yeah, i still have him on my fantasy team. Wish you hadn't fucked Wheeler elbow deep though, it ruined my Kluber stats :P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

after an abysmal start to the bats for the start of the year and whats looked like being whole sellers at the trade, Royals are now making a strong push to the WC and possibly the central depending on how it shakes out. if they keep it up I would like to see them maybe add an arm if there is one out there and let their big money players just play out the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a name I haven't heard in a while, the bartender is signing with the brewers. Funny.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/06/20/...r-league-deal/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    after an abysmal start to the bats for the start of the year and whats looked like being whole sellers at the trade, Royals are now making a strong push to the WC and possibly the central depending on how it shakes out. if they keep it up I would like to see them maybe add an arm if there is one out there and let their big money players just play out the year.
    They're gonna be in LA in a couple weeks, gonna try and get out to one of those games.

Shit, too bad we can't face Kershaw every day So much for Gsellman's decent run of starts.

At some point they're gonna have to stop pitching high fastballs to Bellinger. Either scouts are not doing their job, or pitchers are a bunch of stubborn idiots. 22HRs, pretty much all of them on high fastballs. The guy is like 6'5 and bats standing straight, common sense alone should tell you to pitch low. He can actually hit the low ball well, but what's better, a single or a bomb?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Harvey injured again... poor guy. Really starting to get that Mark Prior vibe from him
    Harvey is done. Josh Johnson 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Mariners are calling up Andrew Moore, probably their top SP prospect. Kuma had a setback in his return because he got BTFO in his Tacoma rehab start.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's got pretty solid numbers for the PCL, best of luck to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's got pretty solid numbers for the PCL, best of luck to him.
    Should be a big upgrade. A sack of potatoes could last longer than some of our SP.

Also, when your perfect game bid gets broken by a bunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bunt is fair game in the sixth inning, hell of a bunt too.

Dodger game was dull, no Bellinger HR and they didn't even reach double digit runs.

Rockies and Dbags beating up on each other has been helpful, reclaimed first.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Also, when your perfect game bid gets broken by a bunt.
    Meh, to me it's no where near a perfect game/no hitter that early. They ended up losing and giving up a whole touchdown... a very non-issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Dodger game was dull.
    Why every Met had to talk to Puigy about his HR trot? lol I've always had The U philosophy of "if you don't like the way we celebrate, stop us from scoring" so a 3 run bomb should be admired.

At the same time, being that baseball has all these hidden rules... when the Dodgers come to Citi field, deGrom or SynderGAWD might earhole him with some triple digit gas.

10+ Year Old Account
    #puigyourfriend

10+ Year Old Account
    Bunt is fair game in the sixth inning, hell of a bunt too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Meh, to me it's no where near a perfect game/no hitter that early. They ended up losing and giving up a whole touchdown... a very non-issue.
    Yeah people are still salty about it this morning lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah people are still salty about it this morning lol.
    Verlander ended up with 110 pitches thrown in 5.2 innings, there was no way he was finishing that game regardless of what happened.

The 5th inning is what raised his pitch count pretty high. He was in ok shape going into it, but probably wasn't getting enough quick outs either.

I'm mostly surprised the perfect game wasn't lost by giving up a home run to Cruz, since it feels like that is all he does against the Tigers. The wheels just falling off right after giving up the bunt and Shane Greene having probably his worst outing of the year kind of sums up this season so far too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if the baseballs weren't juiced he coulda got to that bunt.

I've decided the Astros are my least favorite team this season. Not because they're good, but annoying. Seems like every time someone is looking at a strike they contest with the ump. Kicking dirt on the base because they hit into a double play. Gets annoying after a while. Maybe if they didn't have the best record by a margin in the AL I could understand being frustrated by being slapped around by an average team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really know this umpire Mark Carlson, maybe he is just having a bad day, but the strikezone is a total crapshoot and I'm losing my mind watching it. Its gone in the Dodgers favor and against them, its just so wildly unpredictable as to be supremely frustrating, I don't know how the players deal with it.

5 runs off wild pitches, this game is ridiculous

- - - Updated - - -

Kenley Jansen with his first walk of the year, got 51 strikeouts before he walked his first batter. Plus it was in a game where he might be a little tired because he came in early in the 8th inning and doubled in a run.
    Last edited by draynay; 2017-06-26 at 12:10 AM.