Thread: PS4 Questions

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PS4 Questions

So I have been out of the console field for a few years. I am selling an AR-15 I never use and I am thinking about getting a PS4 Pro. I have a PC that can play most games but some just feel better on console. Plus I was a huge fan of The Last of Us and I want to play it again plus other PS4 exclusives. Thing is last year I remember people saying it wasn't worth buying because a new version was coming out. I saw Xbox announcing their "upgradeable" one...is the PS4 Pro that new version and I just missed it because I am under a rock? I do see it's stronger than the original PS4 that was released.

Also what are some great games to grab? I was looking to get the remastered Last of Us, and Horizon Zero Dawn...though it sounds like Farcry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    So I have been out of the console field for a few years. I am selling an AR-15 I never use and I am thinking about getting a PS4 Pro. I have a PC that can play most games but some just feel better on console. Plus I was a huge fan of The Last of Us and I want to play it again plus other PS4 exclusives. Thing is last year I remember people saying it wasn't worth buying because a new version was coming out. I saw Xbox announcing their "upgradeable" one...is the PS4 Pro that new version and I just missed it because I am under a rock? I do see it's stronger than the original PS4 that was released.

Also what are some great games to grab? I was looking to get the remastered Last of Us, and Horizon Zero Dawn...though it sounds like Farcry.
    The PS4 Pro is the upgraded console. It's not a HUGE upgrade though, so it's your choice if you want to splurge on it or not.

As for a game recommendation. I am currently playing Nier Automata. I just picked up a PS4 last week, and I have been loving this game. Very fun, and has a super interesting story. Forewarning though, the story doesn't really pick up until a a bit into it, suddenly you will have a "WTF is going on?!" moment, that is where the story takes off.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

PS4 Pro is just a stronger PS4, like you already said.

I'm not 100% sure on the strength compared to the Xbox One X, but I believe the Xbox One X comes out on top? Honestly, I'd just go for the PS4 if I were you, and skip the Pro.

For games, there is a stickied section at the top for game suggestion, but that depends on what kind of games you enjoy besides "The Last of Us"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post

Horizon is great. Last of Us, the Uncharted series, also great. The lord of the rings game is amazing, sequel comes out this year. Bloodborne is really good if you like Dark Souls type games. Pick up the KH collection if you like RPGs, GoW collection if you've never played GoW. Ratchet and Clank if you like platformers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

If u plan to play on a 4K TV/Monitor then get a Pro.

There is some games that will run 1080p/60fps on the pro that are around 720p/60fps on the base system. So if that matters to you any then get a Pro, Its not a lot of games just to let u know.

The biggest selling point for me in the Pro was the 1TB HD over the base systems 500GB, It makes a world of difference.

There is bonuses for having a Pro on 1080p but not a huge amount.

Personally since the difference in price is $100, I say get a Pro because the HD alone is worth it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I say get a Pro because the HD alone is worth it.
    Pretty sure all PS4s are 1 TB now.

The one's they're selling for $250 definitely are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

the uncharted 4 bundles are still 500g i believe.

For games id say pretty much all exclusives :

Nier:Automata(PC and PS4)
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Bloodborne
    Uncharted series 1-4
    Gravity Rush 1+2
    If you like JRPGs Persona 5
    God of War series

Another Uncharted Standalone game coming out in august.
    A sleeper game called "Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice comes out in august
    Also a Horizon:Zero Dawn dlc coming out this year
    God of War
    Days Gone
    SpiderMan
    Detroit:Become Human

all PS4 exclusives. Having a PS4 is definitely worth it IMO even if you play on PC like I do.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Trade? ship your AR-15 to sweden and i send you a ps4 pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Not all do, They do still sell the 500GB models even the slim has 500GB.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Not all do, They do still sell the 500GB models even the slim has 500GB.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-982545...s=ps4+slim+1tb

Slim has a 1TB model as well. Look at that. Way less bulky than a standard so easy to tell it's a slim.

Personally I'd only invest in a Pro if you don't have a PS4. If you have a Standard one it's more than enough for games. Hell I play FF14 on a Standard PS4 just fine. As well as other MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-982545...s=ps4+slim+1tb

Slim has a 1TB model as well. Look at that. Way less bulky than a standard so easy to tell it's a slim.

Personally I'd only invest in a Pro if you don't have a PS4. If you have a Standard one it's more than enough for games. Hell I play FF14 on a Standard PS4 just fine. As well as other MMOs.
    Ya that's all I'm saying, If u don't own a PS4 then there is no reason to not get a Pro. Also I do believe the 1TB model's are a limited time thing but I could be wrong.

If OP can wait there likely to take a price cut this fall as well. Also I wasn't saying that the 1TB models of the original system wasn't a thing, Just that at the time there was only 500GB and limited 1TB runs.

Just don't buy the gold system, its ulgy as hell lol.

As other people mentioned, the console probably has the best exclusives around, so it definitely is a good investment

EDIT: Out with the wrong info
    Last edited by Draenox; 2017-06-20 at 02:07 PM.

Ya that's all I'm saying, If u don't own a PS4 then there is no reason to not get a Pro. Also I do believe the 1TB model's are a limited time thing but I could be wrong.

If OP can wait there likely to take a price cut this fall as well. Also I wasn't saying that the 1TB models of the original system wasn't a thing, Just that at the time there was only 500GB and limited 1TB runs.

Just don't buy the gold system, its ulgy as hell lol.
    Nah I doubt 1TB will be limited. Just doesn't make sense when it's mass produced. Personally when I gift my Brother my Standard I will be getting a Pro. But that won't be for a while. Mainly because 60 FPS on FF14 most of the time.

I mean while FPS isn't my biggest factor I'd say it matters a little. Like I said I buy a console for the games in general. And for the sake of collecting.

Nah I doubt 1TB will be limited. Just doesn't make sense when it's mass produced. Personally when I gift my Brother my Standard I will be getting a Pro. But that won't be for a while. Mainly because 60 FPS on FF14 most of the time.
    They did limited runs a couple times, It mite not be anymore tho.

(At lease here in the US anyway)

Dont worry about the limit of the hdd in the ps4, if you run out of space even on the 500gb just get a external dock and buy a 2tb pc hdd and it works like a charm. I plugged my extra 2tb and its been working fine for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    The PS4 Pro has the benefit of running all games in 60 fps, which is a huge bonus seeing as games have to be specifically designed for 60 fps on the regular PS4. As other people mentioned, the console probably has the best exclusives around, so it definitely is a good investment.
    It doesn't do the bolded at all. 99.9% of games that is 60FPS on the pro is also 60FPS on the base model. The only difference is the bump in resolution and graphics quality.

There is only a handful of games that is 60FPS on the pro but not on the base model.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Dont worry about the limit of the hdd in the ps4, if you run out of space even on the 500gb just get a external dock and buy a 2tb pc hdd and it works like a charm. I plugged my extra 2tb and its been working fine for a year.
    Exactly. Love that they can support External HDDs. Plan to get a 2TB one in the future since it's like £70.

- - - Updated - - -

The PS4 Pro has the benefit of running all games in 60 fps, which is a huge bonus seeing as games have to be specifically designed for 60 fps on the regular PS4. As other people mentioned, the console probably has the best exclusives around, so it definitely is a good investment.
    Ps4 Pro does not run all games at 60 FPS at all. Don't spread misinformation. I've played games that on both systems run at 30.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-20 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Or just spend the $100 difference have a 1TB HD along with better hardware, Higher Graphic's/Performance.

There is only a handful of games that is 60FPS on the pro but not on the base model.
    Ps4 Pro does not run all games at 60 FPS at all. Don't spread misinformation. I've played games that on both systems run at 30.
    I stand corrected, legitimately thought that was one of the Pros selling points, oh well!

I stand corrected, legitimately thought that was one of the Pros selling points, oh well!
    No it wasn't, they never said it would run all games at 60FPS.

Only that it would run games at 4K or look 4k via checkerboarding.