Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You can get the exact same thing from reading the Bible.
    having read the bible, that's not really fair, most especially since the first testament isn't as canonical as the second one.
    People are not obligated to integrate into the culture you want them to when they move to a new country.
    Yes, and my culture is not obligated to take them in or let them stay.
    Assimilate, or repatriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's a great thought and all, but seeing as the only result is that you end up with a bunch of not-integrated people, and ardently maintaining that "well THEY should integrate..." doesn't do anything either... yeah, you're still not solving the problem. Just trying to absolve yourself of guilt over something you're not doing anything about.

...which also, guess what, doesn't solve the problem.
    i don't have any guilt. if they fail to integrate while others succeed, they shouldn't be allowed to immigrate.

this is the most intelligent sentiment i've heard from anyone in the german government in ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    This is a VERY Australian attitude too. We like to consider ourselves a very open country but you can sum our attitude up as "Welcome! Have a beer. Hug a koala. Bring the best parts of your culture. Share them. Learn English. Integrate into the community. Respect other religions. Remember you live in a society with secular laws. If that's too hard, fuck off."
    When you consider a lot of refugees are economic migrants
    you will understand.

IMMIGRATION Minister Peter Dutton accused fake refugees who lie to get into Australia of displacing genuine asylum seekers who face being slaughtered in the Middle East.

He also expressed frustration at the huge legal cost of fighting the thousands of his deportation and other visa decisions that are being overturned by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tri...306c6fda58e01d

Mr Dutton said it was costing the Australian taxpayer “tens of millions of dollars a year” to take on the AAT and that too many lawyers were willing to give free legal advice to refugees who want to appeal against deportation and other orders.

He was responding to a Herald Sun article which today revealed six Iranian boat people were caught holidaying in their homeland after lying on their visa applications about fearing for their lives if they had to return there.

I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

Well, that's nice and all. But the matter of the fact still remains; Integration evidently doesn't just happen. There needs to be measures put in place and requirements placed on people moving here, with relevant help offered of course.

In my country, a good way to start it off would be to split up the shadow communities and not place them all in the same area. Spread them out, make them live among natives rather than among people evidently wanting what they left behind, just without the threat of war and with a lot more free cash.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-20 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    having read the bible, that's not really fair, most especially since the first testament isn't as canonical as the second one.

Yes, and my culture is not obligated to take them in or let them stay.
    Assimilate, or repatriate.
    It is to Jewish people, and tens of millions of Christians in my country when it suits their agenda.

As for your latter comment, that sounds a whole lot like oppression to me. If someone is not causing you any harm, trying to stop them seems wildly unnecessary. I'm going to go ahead and stick with freedom on this one, thanks.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-06-20 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    They are more than welcome to leave, as a matter of fact I don't want them to integrate, I want them as far away from Europe as possible. They bring absolutely nothing of value to us.

Those who insist on staying should be given IQ tests, should have excellent knowledge of native language (B2 minimum in reading and writing) and should take tests on history and culture. That would repel 95%+ of them and would leave only those that really want to fully integrate and contribute to the society.

Burn the witch!

The problem is people, media and politicians confusing the terms 'immigrant' and 'refugee'.

An immigrant is supposed to stay permanently at his/her new country, thus should integrate and be integrated (integration is not a one-way-street) as quickly as possible.

A refugee is supposed to stay only temporarily in his/her guest country, thus integration isn't that important but respect of law and culture of said country always is. Until the refugee can go back safely to his/her country.
    Last edited by chooi; 2017-06-20 at 01:05 PM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

The first gen immigrants aren't the real issue, most of them can at least adapt to a degree (even if they don't assimilate). The problem comes with their offspring growing up in a society that might not reject, but still treat them as foreigners due to their looks, name or religion.
    Integration is difficult if large parts of society considers you either an invader, a tourist, or a valuable exotic snowflake. I would even go so far and claim that the left did more damage to integration than the right ever could, simply by constantly putting people on a pedestal.

That said, Schäubles statement falls flat because the group causing the most integration issues never decided to immigrate anywhere, they were simply born here - into a society that treats them as aliens - both positively and negatively.
    And while there is little to no hope to stop far right wingers from discriminating, you can hope that the left at least stops with the multicultural LOOK THEY SO ARE DIFFERENT ISN'T IT AWESOME? attitude.
    It would be a first step, preferrably accompanied by full-time schools and the ban of religious classes of any kind.

I believe the train has left for a lot of Turks who demonstrated for Erdogan, but maybe there is hope for their children. And of course, the children of the refugees who are allowed to stay long-term.

15+ Year Old Account
    This statement of Schäuble has been debated months ago. It's being regurgitated because some people are obsessed with certain issues. Again, he is not essentially wrong but he is very late with it.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2017-06-20 at 01:23 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    They are more than welcome to leave, as a matter of fact I don't want them to integrate, I want them as far away from Europe as possible. They bring absolutely nothing of value to us.

Those who insist on staying should be given IQ tests, should have excellent knowledge of native language (B2 minimum in reading and writing) and should take tests on history and culture. That would repel 95%+ of them and would leave only those that really want to fully integrate and contribute to the society.
    Does that mean you get to deport any natives who cannot pass all those tests?

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope so, I know a few "rocket scientists" and "neuro surgeons" here myself who would fail all tests within seconds.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Well, that's nice and all. But the matter of the fact still remains; Integration evidently doesn't just happen. There needs to be measures put in place and requirements placed on people moving here, with relevant help offered of course.

In my country, a good way to start it off would be to split up the shadow communities and not place them all in the same area. Spread them out, make them live among natives rather than among people evidently wanting what they left behind, just without the threat of war and with a lot more free cash.
    I agree fully with this I have been promoting this Idea during meetings a lot,but the problem we face is its easier and more familiar to just "shack up" with fellow country men and most of the time the costs of living in the more "nicer" areas doesnt really fall into their price range.

Deleted
    No, it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    He does not.
    I'm sure he's getting close to some sort of record when it comes to number of bans.

Why MMO-C is not just removing him permanently, I have no idea.
    Funny because you replied to tennisface who is a even bigger troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Hug a koala.
    Wait, arent the little bastards toxic?

This is a VERY Australian attitude too. We like to consider ourselves a very open country but you can sum our attitude up as "Welcome! Have a beer. Hug a koala. Bring the best parts of your culture. Share them. Learn English. Integrate into the community. Respect other religions. Remember you live in a society with secular laws. If that's too hard, fuck off."
    Wish that was drummed into people more when they arrived. I don't care where you're from, don't bring your bullshit with you to your new house.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Wait, arent the little bastards toxic?
    Thats a dropbear

Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    No, it does not.
    Well, that seems like a shitty double standard. Luckily, we don't have a national language in my country, and ignorant people are free to be ignorant. It's a shame you hate freedom so much.

That's how America USED to be, before the Liberals extended PC rules to immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    That's how America USED to be, before the Liberals extended PC rules to immigration.
    That, and conservatives complaining and trying to get rid of secular laws. There's also the rampant xenophobia, so we also have that going for us. Why should people be forced to learn English if they don't want to?