Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    The added loot from 15 upwards will probably not offset the time-benefit you get from playing the minimum loot-cap level in (former) 3-chest time and then re-play it, but it at least gives something to those that like the challenge of pushing keys as high as possible.
    People who like challenge over loot are a tiny minority, so I expect this change will cause a huge decrease in M+ participation. Only legendary upgrading is going to cause most people to do M+ at all.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    People who like challenge over loot are a tiny minority, so I expect this change will cause a huge decrease in M+ participation. Only legendary upgrading is going to cause most people to do M+ at all.
    Don't know (or care) if this is true or not. Participation most probably will go down initially because most people are used to being carried and now won't any more, but over time, I think this will go back up as these guys will have to form their own groups and learn how to play without being carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    7.2.5 Mythic+ changes are horrendous. They utterly killed all incentive to run other people's keys, I have a lot of alts and it's more difficult than ever to get decent groups together. At first I was like ya this is good, it'll make mythic+ better for most people. No, no it doesn't.

It just makes me want to hurt small animals. This will be the first week in a while I didn't have time to complete a mythic+ dungeon on all my alts, and they're all tanks. Simply because no one wants to push keys.
    well duh - now eveyrone is looking for anything that is 10+ while completly ignoring anything that is 10< - will be hillarius once blizzard relaise they completly killed of mythic 2-9 +

but over time, I think this will go back up as these guys will have to form their own groups and learn how to play without being carried.
    If only there were a dev quote in a signature that would apply to this situation.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If only there were a dev quote in a signature that would apply to this situation.
    Well, players will rise to the occasion if they don't have any other choice. It's human nature to always go the easiest route that gives the biggest benefit. However, when you dry out these easy ways, people will eventually adapt (after bitching like crazy of course). Anyone that stops playing m+ because it's "too hard" will do that because he/she wouldn't have played it "really" anyway. So: Who cares if participation goes down if only those that really want to play will remain?

If you dont like them dont do them. Quit being a bunch of primadonnas.

Deleted
    Mythic+ for me is a nice way to play with guildies. Yes, the loot is nerfed but i really like what they did with the key system. Now we can easily fill an evening doing mythic+ without the danger of getting a depleted key and just quitting for the night.

I see it that Blizzard is just experimenting with different parameters, like they have always done. And no, its not always perfect, but with this approach they are still able to motivate me to play the game, and im playing since early vanilla. So in that way its thumbs up for me to Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    What's the point of running them now, apart maybe from one +15 for the weekly chest.

I used to chain run M+10 like an autist. It was fun for me and it gave me something to do with stable outcome (farm some item if you really wanted it).

Now everything is fucked over:

- difficulty upped
    - loot drop nerfed
    - loot ilevel the same
    - key / time / depletion changes are for the worst
    - less people care about it (less LFG pool)

Why?
    What on earth are you on about?

Mythic+ are now actually more profitable for loot if you run challenging keys, completing on time, as intended. Just grinding 3 chests on 7-9 was absurd, and i'm fucking glad it's done with.

So, your points :

- Difficulty upping makes sense, and why does it bother you?
    - Loot drops were actually BUFFED for challenging\intended keys, 50% extra loot. Go figure.
    - Will be bumped soon.
    - They are not. Keys not depleting is a good thing, and getting a -1 key for failing is good, instead of your key turning radioactive and no one wanting to run it.
    - False.

So yea, you're full of crap.

All in all, i love Mythic+, and i consider them the best feature implemented in WoW since TBC's heroic dungeons.

Deleted
    Im glad they did

Στάλθηκε από το SGP621 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I feel like if you did a Normal and Heroic NH Speed runs in an afternoon (roughly 4 hours of time) You would get 100 million AP (if it's correct how the new AP works in NH since change) and Potentially get loot chance from 20 bosses. I did this with my priest and got him from 860ish ilvl to 896ish. The chances of you doing that by running mythic+ for 4 hours is no where near as high in my opinion. Obviously a lot of this depends on RNG also of course.
    You cannot compare something on a week-long lockout with something without any lockout whatsoever. As you can only do the raid once per week, of course it should have higher rewards than a dungeon you can literally farm the whole week without any limitation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What on earth are you on about?

Mythic+ are now actually more profitable for loot if you run challenging keys, completing on time, as intended. Just grinding 3 chests on 7-9 was absurd, and i'm fucking glad it's done with.

So, your points :

- Difficulty upping makes sense, and why does it bother you?
    - Loot drops were actually BUFFED for challenging\intended keys, 50% extra loot. Go figure.
    - Will be bumped soon.
    - They are not. Keys not depleting is a good thing, and getting a -1 key for failing is good, instead of your key turning radioactive and no one wanting to run it.
    - False.

So yea, you're full of crap.

All in all, i love Mythic+, and i consider them the best feature implemented in WoW since TBC's heroic dungeons.
    Apparently 6 guarantueed 890 items are now less than 3 (with increasing chances for a 4th). Interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Apparently 6 guarantueed 890 items are now less than 3 (with increasing chances for a 4th). Interesting.
    He's talking about doing dungeons on a difficulty level that is higher than faceroll. There his statement is true. With the changes, you now cannot simply play m+ levels that are light years below your equipment just to farm gear.

The only thing that I think is currently bugged is the new key mechanisms. It seems that when you play the -1 key in time, you will 100% receive a +1 key of THE SAME dungeon again. That kind of sucks.

Well, players will rise to the occasion if they don't have any other choice.
    It's bizarre you cling to that idea when GC is directly telling you otherwise. His data > your erroneous wishful thinking.

Keep ruining it, I don't care... stopped doing m+ about a month ago and never been happier, it's awesome to have gotten rid of that useless BS they call "content". Game is more fun now when such a chore is gone!

Pro tip: Stop doing m+ and see how it feels, then you won't care shit if they murder m+ even more!

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this change will also make life harder for pugs, cause of no carries and less chances someone wants to play their key with them. If my group has an endless stash of keys, via the -1/+N/-1/etc. change, why would I even consider running some pug's key or even opening the group finder?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    I personally love the changes in this patch. I much prefer a longer and more difficult run instead of trying to rush easy shit, and that's pretty much where it boils down to. Above 15 you pretty soon find yourself getting 4 pieces of loot anyway (old "two chesting").
    Yep, same here. M+ is finally fun again, before it was just a boring snoozefest, because with good gear it was more rewarding to do a lower dungeon quickly instead of actually pushing keys. Now you get to push keys (= more fun and engaging gameplay, because you actually have to play somewhat decent) AND you get more loot for that. It's awesome and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Reading comprehension is hard, i get it.

BEFORE : Completing a 15 on time, 1 chest? 2 items.
    AFTER : Completing the same 15 on time. 1 chest? 3 items.

Hence the "CHALLENGING\INTENDED" keys bit. Not for the brainless 7-9's farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
    Yep, same here. M+ is finally fun again, before it was just a boring snoozefest, because with good gear it was more rewarding to do a lower dungeon quickly instead of actually pushing keys.
    How exactly was it more rewarding?

If you were specifically farming Titanforged version of some special piece of gear/trinket you would run 10+ (and avoid not lower keys)

M+ was only good for loot earlier in the expansion when it was tougher to get heroic level gear. I havent gotten an upgrade from M+ in like 2 months that wasn't from the weekly chest. There's no point in running them outside of the one +15 now which is a shame and waste of potential.

Anyone running m+ over 10 is in the 1%. If you have the gear you're way out at the end of the ilvl bell curve. I'd also wager that 90% of the people saying high m+ is easy aren't healers, and that all the rest run with massively overgeared guildies.