Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Patch 7.2: Heirlooms scaling up to level 110?

Did Blizzard say something about heirlooms in patch 7.2? Are they going to scale to level 110?

I really hope so because I can't be bothered to go through Legion questing once again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Did Blizzard say something about heirlooms in patch 7.2? Are they going to scale to level 110?

I really hope so because I can't be bothered to go through Legion questing once again.
    You can break up questing with dungeons now, they give significantly more exp for doing a random!

Deleted
    Well I enjoyed the leveling experience, even though I did it once in alpha and another time in beta, before it went live , and I did It a third time.
    I'm not planning to level up alts a lot (if any) before 7.2 when we get the first 10 AK for resources and instant.
    Having to much fun, with lots of stuff to do on my main, to play alts right now.
    They didn't mention looms in the Q&A but I would imagine they got to scale from 7.2 as it would be a reasonable time to implement it. If not, then perhaps 7.2.5 - at least before 7.3.
    But who knows ?

If they follow the plan they did with wod, I would suspect they'll upgrade heirlooms around feb or the latest before summer starts.

hmhmhm am i a necromancer now?

4real tho is there an eta on this?

7.2.5 is bringing a higher tier of upgrade items for 'looms up to 110.

Yeah in 7.2.5 we get another upgrade from 100 to 110, armor pieces cost 5k gold each and weapons 7.5k gold

Heirlooms are barely worth it. The ilvl is so poor compared the 850 gear you can buy at 101 the exp gain is barely worth it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    they're scaling to 110 now after 7.2.5

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Heirlooms are barely worth it. The ilvl is so poor compared the 850 gear you can buy at 101 the exp gain is barely worth it.
    850 at 101? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    850 at 101? Where?
    There's heaps of 850 items for level 101 - just have a look in AH

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Noteworthy: At lv 100 the heirlooms have an iLvl of 605 which is way worse than whatever alternative gear you have. (Normally 640+ at least.) But at lv 101 the heirlooms will scale to ilvl 695 and it only gets better from there I guess. (Just ding'ed 101...)
    They always scaled to the previous xpac values at the previous maxlevels.

But they are as weak as they never were before, their itemlevel is one level below green quest rewards you get at your level, not even talking about rare or epic upgrades or the level 800 zone rewards. While obviously they still are worth it to level faster, you are far from being an unkillable slaughtermachine as you might be used to from heirlooms in previous xpacs, in fact especially at the end of every level you might be weaker than by wearing quest rewards. Part of that power loss is also because Legion hardly has any impactful enchants (hint: get bloodhunter on your heirloom shoulders).

Heirloom weapons are not worth using, the artifact weapons start at 750 while the heirloom weapons only reach that level with 106 and unless you purely leveled via invasion (or just bought some green relics in the AH) the artifact weapon will be almost at the itemlevel of the heirloom weapon, which together with their traits makes them vastly superior. My druid dinged 110 with an artifact weapon of 788, and my mage with 782.

Don't forget to add the Boon enchant on the shoulders from your main and mail it over. At least now you're not at as much an ilvl loss doing it.

the exp gain is barely worth it.
    I'm not sure what you're smoking, but 50% (or more) experience is not "barely worth it."

Lol, 50%+ XP gain "barely worth it"... Wtf are people smoking these days? Could you overpower the content? Sure, but you'd still need to do MORE of it in order to catch up to that 50% XP gained...

I'd prefer getting my characters to 110 quicker, and saving the cash and just get them decked with Dauntless gear with a chance to titanforge.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    There's heaps of 850 items for level 101 - just have a look in AH
    Link some? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Link some? Please?
    http://www.wowhead.com/items/min-lev...:0:0#items:0-2

I have 840+ versions of these items on multiple characters, a couple 850 on auction house atm

>People talking about 50% more exp
    >MFW i have 55% thanks to both rings

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/items/min-lev...:0:0#items:0-2

I have 840+ versions of these items on multiple characters, a couple 850 on auction house atm
    judging by their average buyout prices, they are close to 5 times the price of upgrading an heirloom that gives you xp bonus and can be used on multiple character. not seeing how its worth it, personaly, since you will also be replacing it fairly quickly at max level

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    judging by their average buyout prices, they are close to 5 times the price of upgrading an heirloom that gives you xp bonus and can be used on multiple character. not seeing how its worth it, personaly, since you will also be replacing it fairly quickly at max level
    yeah this lower costs plus that other stuff aside you can get 850 plus at 110 rather fast in legion if i am not mistaken.