Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    This is how you make everything you say get ignored; by making blind assumptions based on race and gender.
    I don't understand why people even ignore someone in the first place on here, you can literally scroll over comments or close the thread. It isn't a blind assumption, but a well-placed educated guess.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Murderer is a moral classification as much as a legal one.
    And morality can be very board based on different opinions. Good thing the laws do not always follow a popular opinion on what morality is. The final judgement as to what is immoral is not up to humans unless it is part of a law.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    No wonder people don't trust the police in some places. Why are they so trigger happy?
    Police are the ones who keep us safe, only idiots or people who break the law are the ones who don't trust them.

Inb4 "But they shot people!!" - so what? I know nurses/doctors/firefighters who kill other people also, 1% doesn't change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    Tell you what, go outside find a disturbed 5ft tall woman and give her a knife (you can dull it a little if you really want) then ask her to fight you, feel free to post the results.
    Oh no, do not set the conditions for outside. Too much room to run. lol!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    Tell you what, go outside find a disturbed 5ft tall woman and give her a knife (you can dull it a little if you really want) then ask her to fight you, feel free to post the results.
    I am not sure where I will find one, and if we wanted to simulate the event, we would have to find another person and we would both need to be equipped with all of the police officers tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I don't understand why people even ignore someone in the first place on here, you can literally scroll over comments or close the thread. It isn't a blind assumption, but a well-placed educated guess.
    Yeah, welcome to my ignore list. You are either trolling or simply someone oblivious to reality. Either way, you have nothing useful to contribute to any conversation and are unwilling/unable to see past your ignorance and bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Profanities don't offend me. It offends me that what's supposed to be a mature adult acts like a child. It's obscene.

But you don't care whatever I say to you, because old people are gross and smell like prune, so I'd say we're done here. Rant away in a reply if that makes you feel any better.
    So very obscene. Just think of the children! Being a child myself, I better close my own eyes!

But you don't care whatever I say to you.
    This is probably this first time you've actually used your brain this whole time. A real come to Jesus moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Why would you assume it wouldnt be sharp? Besides, it doesnt have to be sharp to inflict a stabbing wound.
    How many months pregnant was she? Why wouldnt you assume a woman isnt as mobile as a man. Women can do anything a man can do.

Gal Gadot shot the Wonder Woman movie 5 months pregnant.
    Because you would have to assume she knows how to sharpen a knife, has the relevant tools to sharpen a knife, the wherewithal to even care about kitchen utensil maintenance. That is far more of a stretch than assuming a poor woman who lives with 4 children alone would have a dull knife.

Because a pregnant woman has to endure kicking by the fetus, as well as higher incidence of acid reflux, IBS.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, welcome to my ignore list. You are either trolling or simply someone oblivious to reality. Either way, you have nothing useful to contribute to any conversation and are unwilling/unable to see past your ignorance and bigotry.
    Stick with the facts of the case, don't stray off into this special snowflake area where you are protecting yourself from factual information.

Quote Originally Posted by Tstr88 View Post
    Patrol on the street? I highly doubt that. There are numerous positions in uniform that is not on the street. Granted, my experience is anecdotal, and maybe it's just the department, but cops on the beat who are older than mid-30s is fairly uncommon. But that is also in one of the biggest cities in the country with very active crime.
    You seem unable to follow this conversation and consequently you're making it unnecessarily difficult to have a discussion with you.

Deleted
    Why would a poor black woman living with 4 children, alone, have sharp kitchen knives? Why would you assume a pregnant woman would be as mobile as a man with a combat knife? I am not talking about sympathy, I am talking about basic strategy to exhaust and overwhelm a person without firing a shot.
    For the love of christ can you just stop with this ninja hypothetical? The more you keep rambling on that they should have just let her swing and then stopped her, or that they should have just moved out of the way so she gets the knife stuck in the wall, the more ridiculous you make yourself look.

Just from your posts, it's obvious you have never been in a fight or even wrestled with somebody. Because if you had, you would know how NOT easy it is to stop a movement from somebody else. "Oh he's throwing a right jab, I can just raise my hand to block it", sounds simple right? except you don't have time to think, at that point you're depending on reflexes. If you guessed wrong, you get hit in the face. In their situation, if they guess wrong, they get a knife in their throat, stomach, leg, armpit, etc

Why do people always assume that the policemen know all the facts that were raised hours after the incident at the time of the incident?

When you know that it a single small woman with a kitchen knife it makes sense that you fight and disarm her. When you are at a dangerous zone without the knowledge of who else can be around the corner or if the person is carrying another weapon, you order them to drop the weapon and get in the floor, if they don't obey you shoot them. For all they knew there could be several more armed people in there.

Because you would have to assume she knows how to sharpen a knife, has the relevant tools to sharpen a knife, the wherewithal to even care about kitchen utensil maintenance. That is far more of a stretch than assuming a poor woman who lives with 4 children alone would have a dull knife.

Because a pregnant woman has to endure kicking by the fetus, as well as higher incidence of acid reflux, IBS.

- - - Updated - - -

Stick with the facts of the case, don't stray off into this special snowflake area where you are protecting yourself from factual information.
    The problem with subdueing people is that usually they aren't willing to let you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other jurisdictions do they gun down pregnant women without hesitation or do they use precautions to ensure that the situation is resolved without a death?
    Not many pregnant knife wielders shot in the UK in recent history.

Why is that a far fetched idea? A sharpening stone is not that uncommon to have or learn to use. If you assume she is using the knife for food prep then she either has invested in keeping the knife sharp OR she has invested in a new knife.

You are assuming a woman in her third trimester, besides these are all things a person hopped up on adrenaline will ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to handle some on here.

Because that is her race. Why don't you answer my question?
    Here race has 0 factor in this argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukk View Post
    For the love of christ can you just stop with this ninja hypothetical? The more you keep rambling on that they should have just let her swing and then stopped her, or that they should have just moved out of the way so she gets the knife stuck in the wall, the more ridiculous you make yourself look.

Just from your posts, it's obvious you have never been in a fight or even wrestled with somebody. Because if you had, you would know how NOT easy it is to stop a movement from somebody else. "Oh he's throwing a right jab, I can just raise my hand to block it", sounds simple right? except you don't have time to think, at that point you're depending on reflexes. If you guessed wrong, you get hit in the face. In their situation, if they guess wrong, they get a knife in their throat, stomach, leg, armpit, etc
    Why do you not qualify whose movement you are stopping here? It is a 5' tall, 100 pound pregnant woman against two beat cops, with a myriad of tools and their own absolute advantage of reach, height, weight, and past experiences. You would correct if it was 2 men armed with knives of the same or smaller stature than the police officers. A cooking knife does not make a 5' tall 100 pound pregnant woman a Goldberg or Jet Li.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with subdueing people is that usually they aren't willing to let you.
    Which is true, but that's the advantage you have when you are in a 2v1, you have to be extremely skilled to be aware of all your surroundings when you commit to attacking one target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Why is that a far fetched idea? A sharpening stone is not that uncommon to have or learn to use. If you assume she is using the knife for food prep then she either has invested in keeping the knife sharp OR she has invested in a new knife.

You are assuming a woman in her third trimester, besides these are all things a person hopped up on adrenaline will ignore.
    Good point. Besides, a lot of kitchen knives, even if dull, are still effective stabbing weapons, being pointed.

People have been known to resist pepper spray and such, if high on drugs or enraged. And tasers, stun guns can also be ineffective with some types of clothing.

You seem unable to follow this conversation and consequently you're making it unnecessarily difficult to have a discussion with you.
    Oh no, terribly sorry for making your life so difficult. I mean, I was definitely the one that engaged this discussion with you, right? I find the "average" 39 years of age to be off from my own personal experience. I also find the average salary to be higher than it should be. Oh no! How could he?

Maybe it's cause i'm from Texas? Who knows. The beat cops I come in contact with on a near daily basis are all typically around 25 - 35. The current generation of police have a different attitude compared to past. Call it being millennials, call it them being too stuck in their phones, call it them being shook by media. Whatever it is, they are much more scared and generally not trained as well or built for it like previous generations.