Poll: Will you buy/play the necromancer?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I fully expect this to happen:

• My nostalgia for the necromancer will overtake me. I will purchase the DLC for $15.
    • I will log into D3.
    • Realize I'm playing D3.
    • Log out.
    • Wait for my friends to get online to powerlevel my Necromancer, then get boosted.
    • Play a few rifts with the Necro.
    • After about 40mins say "that's cool"
    • Log out of Diablo 3 until 2021.

Going to buy it, sho 'nuff, but the above is probably the most accurate depiction of, well, what most of us will do. lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually think that's a decent price. I might pick that up eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    No, this is their last resort to milk this game.
    They can make and release a new champ for HoTS almost monthly and that's for free but it took them 1 year (maby more?) to develop a new class for D3 and they're selling it for 15$. No thanks i'd rather buy a cheap game for 15$.
    Free? Don't heroes have a price tag in HotS as well? Anyway, completely different games with completely different design goals. It can be argued back and forth all day but characters in D3 versus characters in HotS have completely different levels of depth and different design teams as well. If anything, since it happens more often over there HotS is doing more 'milking' with all the hero additions and the fact that you can regularly buy things like stim packs. D3 you only have to make up to 3 purchases (once this pack releases) and that's it, you're done. At least for the PC version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    ... are you serious? You won't play the game because of 3 moneys?
    What you don't understand is, all of these people saying they would never buy "lol Diablo shit" for $15 already have their credit card info saved in a word doc so they can copy paste as soon as the shop opens. They are ham fisting that F5 button like no tomorrow. Here on the forums though, all the cool kids have to hate on Diablo III, its just the in-thing to do.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    If they properly adjust the price... Sure.

If they pull that $15=£15 then no. If they adjust properly and it's £10/12 then probably, yeah.
    Can't really compare prices that way, Blizzard (and most other companies also work this way) US prices are always advertised Excl Sales Tax (because Sales Tax in the US is regulated at the state level, not at country level), UK / EU Prices are always advertised Incl Sales Tax (they use a standardised +-20% Sales Tax since thats the average for the region and all countries have some sort of Sales Tax).

So if you want to compare the prices fairly take the UK price (in this case 12,99) / 120 and the outcome of that * 100 (in this case +- 10,80 ) and use Pound / Dollar rate conversion on that number, not on the Incl Sales Number. Which is 13.65 Dollar Excl Sales Tax. With a 15 Euro price tag its +- 14 dollar Excl Sales Tax.

So Both UK and EU have the better pricing yet again when you exclude sales tax, with Sales tax its a slightly different story ofc, but blame your government for that to be fair.

It is not zero content. It's a new class you can experience the game with. I don't enjoy the price tag but let's be honest here and see things as they are.
    Yes, let's see things as they are. It's a chance to milk more money out of a dead game. They sold what, at least 30 mil 'copies'? How many people will you find online the first week of the season? How about the third week?
    The game experience is still crap. They ignored all the legitimate criticism regarding itemization, paragon, mechanics.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-06-20 at 02:58 PM.

Nope. Maybe at a later point in time, maybe never. I don't want to support this kind of content selling anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Yes, let's see things as they are. It's a chance to get more money out of a dead game. They sold what, at least 30 mil 'copies'?
    The game experience is still crap. They ignored all the legitimate criticism regarding itemization, paragon, mechanics.
    That's just blind hate filled with gibberish. I can't take you seriously when you deny that a new class is content.

Just what is content to you ? A whole new expansion? Get real mate

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. 15 bucks is nothing, and I know I'll be enjoying it for a while so that's all worth it.

The whole seasons thing killed it for me, I can rarely ever play it with someone else, because OMG - I didn't play for a month so I have to start from level 1 again.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

That's just blind hate filled with gibberish. I can't take you seriously when you deny that a new class is content.

Just what is content to you ? A whole new expansion? Get real mate
    It's okay. Blizzard lowered the quality bar cause it can live off people like you nowadays. $15 'content'.

15 dollars is actually pretty good. Guessing £12.99 here or something. I was expecting 20-25 for a new class among the other features the pack brought.

Will definitely pick Necro up on PS4 and give it a bash at least.

Heroes on heroes of the storm are $10 where as your gameplay isn't limited to just a few hero classes because the tweaking and balancing doesn't seem as demanding with the skill combinations and number crunching. The game is changed depending on the class, rather than balancing a team and picking what you have to like heroes. In comparison the $15 is worth it not only because of this, but because of the other additions you get with it, character slots etc. If you just don't like the game, don't play it but just because someone doesn't like it doesn't mean that it's overpriced for your opinions

Deleted
    and the wow token goes HRRRRRUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The whole seasons thing killed it for me, I can rarely ever play it with someone else, because OMG - I didn't play for a month so I have to start from level 1 again.
    Can always play non-season, enough players around there also that dont like seasonal gameplay (atleast when i played Diablo 3 the last time during the summor before legion release, didnt play since Legion release due to no time to invest heavily in Diablo).

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    and the wow token goes HRRRRRUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    Already did that with Destiny 2. Won't be as massive for 15 dollars since 1 token equals that in the US if I recall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Sooo...why are you in the D3 forum? You like just coming in here to mention how little you like the game?
    Because thread asks question and one of answers is no ? Not too hard to figure out.

No.

Ridiculously overpriced.

It's okay. Blizzard lowered the quality bar cause it can live off people like you nowadays. $15 'content'.
    I'm not buying it(yet?), but not because I don't consider it to be content. I don't think Blizzard is to blame for our lack of interest in their game. It's repetitive by nature.

You're just hating here though, nothing else.

Especially by being obnoxiously dishonest about it.

Zero content, the necromancer is a typical nostalgia ripoff.
    Rate the state of the game with your wallet folks.
    I like Necromancer classes when done right. And from what I've seen in videos this looks interesting. So I will be getting it on the PS4 when it comes to it.

So I will vote with my wallet to purchase it thanks. Because it's my money. Not yours.