Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Why is it ridiculous to demand that people who move into your country learn the most spoken language?

The Swedish government really is a sweetheart isn't it.

Or jump into the Baltic sea so we can get people who actually bother with learning the language.
    If they don't want to learn it, that's on them. It's hugely beneficial to learn it, but that doesn't mean it should be forced upon them. It's the same reason anyone moving to this country shouldn't be forced to be Christians. Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and side with freedom on this one, thanks. Why do you hate freedom so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    More precisely, the right expects immigrants coming in with almost nothing to integrate with as little aid from the country they're immigrating to as possible, stay as far removed from the local population as possible, and are then surprised when they don't integrate.

You want people to integrate? Put in plans to make people integrate. Don't bitch and moan that a system you aren't supporting isn't working.
    integration=/=terrorism.

Not sure how integration can be enforced, but definitely should be highly encouraged for all immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, there used to be more Jewish people there. The number of those of a particular religion shouldn't matter.

Christians often murder others over religion. Look at Central Africa. Hell, look at murders in America. Why not oppose them, all?

I'm of the mindset that one should not try and legislate culture or religion. I'd much rather support freedom, but that's just me. If you want to support oppression, in order to force your culture onto others, then don't complain when others do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? English is not the official language of this country (The United States). That's like saying if you don't want to learn to code in HTML, you should be deported.

It should be, what's the constitution written in?

Deleted
    Well, that seems like a shitty double standard. Luckily, we don't have a national language in my country, and ignorant people are free to be ignorant. It's a shame you hate freedom so much.
    Oh my...white guilt and liberal brainwashing is strong within you isn't it? Thinking natives and immigrants should have same rules applied has to come from years of indoctrination from whatever multicultural shithole without any identity whatsoever you're coming from. I can only feel pity for you for being so ignorant and naive. I like homogeneous societies, countries and people that are proud of their history and culture.

I'm sorry I don't share your "progressive" view of seeing my town reduced to 3rd world ghettos ridden with crime, poverty and diseases which I'm sure your country is already facing because of these "double standards" you're so afraid to have.

My home, my rules, if you don't like it don't even bother coming and trying to live here like a parasite.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-06-20 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    If they don't want to learn it, that's on them. It's hugely beneficial to learn it, but that doesn't mean it should be forced upon them. It's the same reason anyone moving to this country shouldn't be forced to be Christians. Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and side with freedom on this one, thanks. Why do you hate freedom so much?
    Language is a tool for communicating with other people, if you decide to move to the USA and refuse to learn English than why bother moving there in the first place? You don't have to be Christian to be able to communicate with other Christians but you need to know the language those people are speaking to be able to speak with them.

It's not very respectful either moving into a country and refuse to speak their language. Why should the native population accept people who refuse to even talk their language?

Why would we give citizenship to people that don't want to speak English?

This is a complicated issue but I'll take a crack at it.

Generally speaking, if you're moving from an area that is bad, to an area that is better, it would be counterproductive for your goal to just be to transplant the structures of the bad place in the new place.

But let's look at this more closely. You have Muslim families who are more moderate, that view the Middle East as a bad area because it's too fundamentalist with Islam. They are moving to very liberal cities, but their views are still very conservative in comparison to the liberals they are settling amongst.

So you have an unfortunate situation where you have a ton of people who do not want to live under Islamic theocrats but are also somewhat conservative in their own right, and the most welcoming cities are liberal. So they are in a purgatory of sorts where they are most definitely safer in the West but still have to deal with some closed minded folks.

I dunno its just a shitty situation. I just wish the people coming over were more open and respectful to customs of the place they are moving to, and I wish the people would give the new migrants a chance and be a bit more compassionate and open minded.

I won't get into my criticisms of religion in general, just wanted to keep this a basic assessment of social realities.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2017-06-20 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    It should be, what's the constitution written in?
    Are you going to require that people speak in the old, proper form of English? If not, then gtfo. Clearly you do not speak like that, so you are not welcome in your own country.

Who gives a shit what language it was written in. We do not have a national language, so you are trying to deflect for no apparent reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    Oh my...white guilt and liberal brainwashing is strong within you isn't it? Thinking natives and immigrants should have same rules applied has to come from years of indoctrination from whatever multicultural shithole without any identity whatsoever you're coming from. I can only feel pity for you for being so ignorant and naive. I like homogeneous societies, countries and people that are proud of their history and culture.

I'm sorry I don't share your "progressive" view of seeing my town reduced to 3rd world ghettos ridden with crime, poverty and diseases which I'm sure your country is already facing because of these "double standards" you're so afraid to have.

My home, my rules, if you don't like it don't even bother coming and trying to live here like a parasite.
    It's not about white guilt, it's about not giving a shit what other people do, so long as they are not harming others. People should have the same rules applied, I simply want far less rules than others seem to want. They want to force languages onto people. If you want a homogeneous society, then form one. If you want to force others into your homogeneous society, you are an oppressive asshole. Let me guess, you think everyone should also be the same color and the same religion?

We don't have to share the same views, but we should stop trying to force our views onto others. I live in the United States, btw. I have no clue where you are from. It's a shame that you are so opposed to freedom, sad!

At least you are willing to admit to your hypocrisy and utter disdain of freedom. That's the first step.

- - - Updated - - -

Language is a tool for communicating with other people, if you decide to move to the USA and refuse to learn English than why bother moving there in the first place? You don't have to be Christian to be able to communicate with other Christians but you need to know the language those people are speaking to be able to speak with them.

It's not very respectful either moving into a country and refuse to speak their language. Why should the native population accept people who refuse to even talk their language?
    Maybe they want to move here, it really doesn't concern you. If they don't want to learn your language, then don't talk to them. It's also not very respectful to demand something of others, when you are offering nothing else in return. If you are going to demand they learn your language, you should learn theirs. Then again, I would never force you to learn a language you don't want to learn, and vice versa. Freedom is fucking awesome.

Why would speaking english be a requirement for getting german citizenship?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Why not? We do not have an official language in the United States, and that's a great thing. Stop trying to push your big-government conservatism onto everyone.

Yea this seems basic to me. If you move into someone house that they own you have to obey their rules. If you move into an apartment you have to obey rules. If you move into a dorm you have to obey rules. When you go to work you have to obey rules. Immigrants have to obey the rules of the country they wish to live in. They cant claim they are not accustomed to our lifestyle to get away with crimes. There should be a test to let certain people in and keep others out. So if someone who comes in knowing what a crime is and still commits it cant then claim that they didnt know it was a crime in the first place. Immigrants who commit terrible acts of violence or crimes should be deported never to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Yea this seems basic to me. If you move into someone house that they own you have to obey their rules. If you move into an apartment you have to obey rules. If you move into a dorm you have to obey rules. When you go to work you have to obey rules. Immigrants have to obey the rules of the country they wish to live in. They cant claim they are not accustomed to our lifestyle to get away with crimes. There should be a test to let certain people in and keep others out. So if someone who comes in knowing what a crime is and still commits it cant then claim that they didnt know it was a crime in the first place. Immigrants who commit terrible acts of violence or crimes should be deported never to return.
    Culture and rules are very different things. Someone can maintain their own culture, and still live by the laws of the land.

Are you going to require that people speak in the old, proper form of English? If not, then gtfo. Clearly you do not speak like that, so you are not welcome in your own country.

Who gives a shit what language it was written in. We do not have a national language, so you are trying to deflect for no apparent reason.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about white guilt, it's about not giving a shit what other people do, so long as they are not harming others. People should have the same rules applied, I simply want far less rules than others seem to want. They want to force languages onto people. If you want a homogeneous society, then form one. If you want to force others into your homogeneous society, you are an oppressive asshole. Let me guess, you think everyone should also be the same color and the same religion?

We don't have to share the same views, but we should stop trying to force our views onto others. I live in the United States, btw. I have no clue where you are from. It's a shame that you are so opposed to freedom, sad!

At least you are willing to admit to your hypocrisy and utter disdain of freedom. That's the first step.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they want to move here, it really doesn't concern you. If they don't want to learn your language, then don't talk to them. It's also not very respectful to demand something of others, when you are offering nothing else in return. If you are going to demand they learn your language, you should learn theirs. Then again, I would never force you to learn a language you don't want to learn, and vice versa. Freedom is fucking awesome.
    Thats a dodge on your part, let me know when you're ready to answer

Deleted
    Are you actually challenged? People immigrate because they get something out off it.

Thats a dodge on your part, let me know when you're ready to answer
    It wasn't a dodge at all. You seem to think I'm dodging, but what question did I avoid?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you actually challenged? People immigrate because they get something out off it.
    Great for them, that's how the free markets work. I'm not sure why you are upset that people move for advantageous reasons.

Deleted
    Great for them, that's how the free markets work. I'm not sure why you are upset that people move for advantageous reasons.
    How is not learning the language an advantage?

How is not learning the language an advantage?
    I never said it wasn't an advantage. I'm simply not willing to force people to do it. It's also advantageous to save money, but I'm not going to force you to do that, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Where have people been exempted from punishment for crime they have perpetuated due to their culture? The dominant rhetoric is though that people want harsher punishments for crimes done by people that are of different color than them. In a case of murder (Lets take that for example) we have a set of punishment for that deemed by the countries laws. Yet somehow if a person of different culture commits it, it suddenly a more sever crime that needs the whole family of the person and possibly anyone that shares the same culture as that person needs to be punished as well.

Deleted
    I never said it wasn't an advantage. I'm simply not willing to force people to do it. It's also advantageous to save money, but I'm not going to force you to do that, either.
    But if people move for advantageous reasons then they don't learn the language they put themselves at an disadvantage.