Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    All she needs to do is get one strike on either of the officers groin or neck and they could bleed out. I guess you would call it a moral victory because the woman survived at the expense of a cop.
    But her reach is shorter than the police officer's. She would of had to get incredibly close to the officer which would of given him plenty of time to back up, leaving her vulnerable from the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    But there are two cops, not one, the other cop can do something while she is charging while the other cop runs away.
    That's not how it works.

In reality, one cop will be dead as well as the suspect. You can charge and fatally stab a person before they have time to react with a firearm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Typically, that would be a one-officer call, but there was some information in the system, officers had dealt with this particular unit, this particular caller just recently. There was some hazard information so that prompted a second officer to respond," Jamieson said.
    This here is the problem, they knew they had a problem citizen, yet were unprepared to deal with it by any means other than deadly force. The audio supports this.

What I see are officers poorly equipped to deal with this kind of situation. Fatally shooting pregnant women doesn't make anyone happy, justified or not. We need to make sure responding officers have the equipment they need to subdue unstable individuals without risking their own safety. This never makes national news if either officer has a taser.

Yeah they were both fearful for their lives because she may have been able to throw the knife at one of their throats then flying lotus kicking the other, jumping back to the knife in the throat of the other police officer, remove it, then stab the other police officer multiple times. Happens all the time.
    Tiny, pregnant ladies with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon skills. Always have to be careful and on the lookout for those. I know it's my #1 fear.

Seriously, these cops are WAY too on edge if this was even considered a real threat. A threat that required lethal force in fact. About a dozen other options would have worked better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    She could injure an officer, why should police risk even a wound. I have little doubt she would come off worse if she attacked them both and they didn't shoot, but she could do some damage in the process, why should an officer be expected to risk that. The woman had her chance to end the conflict, she didn't, it's HER fault.
    Because the officer's would have an insane amount of street cred, and would be promoted, instead of dealing with this paid administrative leave.

But her reach is shorter than the police officer's. She would of had to get incredibly close to the officer which would of given him plenty of time to back up, leaving her vulnerable from the back.
    Her reach is longer. She has arm+knife reach where they only have knife. She also has the advantage of being on the offending side where a defender needs to either anticipate a movement or react to an unanticipated movement.

How are you this dense?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    And instead turn to stab the one that is closing on me and not the one running away.
    So then they both run away, regroup, get SWAT and surround her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Would you say it's harder or easier to shoot someone in the leg? Is it harder or easier to grab a hand that's moving frantically gripping a blade in a closed space?

Would you say it is harder or easier than talking a mentally ill woman out of what you fear is going to end as suicide by cop?
    It would be easier to grab an arm from the back by his partner mid slash to add dramatic effect.

Deleted
    There are two problems here - the first is that the police are trigger happy and using guns. If they'd used a taser instead then right now she'd probably be alive.

The second problem is that whenever something happens to a black person it is immediately turned into a race thing. Police in the US would have shot anyone waving a knife at them - that's where the trigger happy aspect comes in. As angry as anyone would be when a family member is killed it is outright racism to claim it's a black thing. Of course black lives matter, but so do white or Hispanic lives. Black Lives matter seems to be actually saying Black Lives are more important. It's racism - where are those same protesters when a young white person or Hispanic or Chinese is killed by the police? The answer is almost always nowhere to be seen. The fact is violence throughout American society is out of control. Over 13000 people were killed by guns in the US in 2015 and over 26000 injured by them. That's crazy and sickening, but it's also dangerous so partially understandable why the police are so quick to shoot they're almost certainly on edge, but if you want to improve society you need to start with those in charge acting better. Police need to kill less people regardless of race. Perhaps using tasers would be a start, this lady sounds like she spooked them with a knife, it's likely we will never know her actual intention, but if she had been taken down with a non lethal weapon it would have been a better day for everyone.

Because the officer's would have an insane amount of street cred, and would be promoted, instead of dealing with this paid administrative leave.
    I've had a few operations performed on me already. Even cuts that are made on purpose hurt like a motherfucker.

But unidentified serrated blade + who knows disgusting bacteria? There's no such thing as a good or safe knife wound.

Her reach is longer with the knife and if she clearly isnt concerned with her safety she can just lunge and get one of the cops. However you seem to have this figured out, sounds like you have a calling in Police Defensive Tactics. You could change how police handle these events if you just spread your teachings.

So then they both run away, regroup, get SWAT and surround her.
    So then you have a crazy person running around with a knife near children. Police has to protect innocent people from immediate threats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    That's not how it works.

In reality, one cop will be dead as well as the suspect. You can charge and fatally stab a person before they have time to react with a firearm.
    Since her stomach is sticking out farther than her body the police officer can do a swift kick to stop movement. Baby miscarriages, state wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    You mean like the London Bridge attacks?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/lon...people-n767966

I'm sure all those people being stabbed had nothing to worry about, right?
    1. London was terror attack.
    2. Gun crime statistics shows the difference...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Her reach is longer. She has arm+knife reach where they only have knife. She also has the advantage of being on the offending side where a defender needs to either anticipate a movement or react to an unanticipated movement.

How are you this dense?
    The average reach of a person 5' tall would be 60" or less. Average height and build would put them at 70" or greater. They could keep 2 feet distance at all times, maybe even hold her head while she tries to swing.

Since her stomach is sticking out farther than her body the police officer can do a swift kick to stop movement. Baby miscarriages, state wins.
    So, rather than accept reality, you're going to presume the average police officer is Steven Seagal from Under Siege.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Have we found out how far along she was in the pregnancy. It could be she wasnt even showing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    This here is the problem, they knew they had a problem citizen, yet were unprepared to deal with it by any means other than deadly force. The audio supports this.

What I see are officers poorly equipped to deal with this kind of situation. Fatally shooting pregnant women doesn't make anyone happy, justified or not. We need to make sure responding officers have the equipment they need to subdue unstable individuals without risking their own safety. This never makes national news if either officer has a taser.
    Sure it would. "Officers subdue a black pregnant woman with overly aggressive taser use, causing possible injury/death to her unborn child."

Wonder why this one wasn't considered 'racist'.
    https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2017/...omestic-viole/

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    History with police? Check.
    Mental health problems? Check.
    Weapon? Check.

Yeah, I wonder why she was shot. Must've been race.
    Fact is two officers responded, Tazers come standard issue. Why couldn't one stopped her with the tazer? other officer being there for the lethal force?

Quote Originally Posted by timtim89 View Post
    Fact is two officers responded, Tazers come standard issue. Why couldn't one stopped her with the tazer? other officer being there for the lethal force?
    Tazers don't always work. They responded to a burglar. Maybe they though she was the burglar.