Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith to reap the rewards rather than being middle aged, lonely and depressed.
    Projecting much, are we, tennis?

When i read the end of OP, I was about to point out how absurd it was, then I noticed who posted it...now I don't have to bother

Also, an interesting read - https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...g-term-studies
    Last edited by Dziubla; 2017-06-20 at 03:16 PM.

The only real benefit for someone with a normal income and own housing situation to marry over here is a slight tax reduction. other than that its nothing tangible.
    unless you know you're about to die anytime in the next 5 years and you want someone else than the bank/state to take all your shit when you're gone.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Finances are the #1 cause of divorce.
    This statement doesn't sit well with me. Not because it's inherently wrong per se, but because it fails to consider why finances cause divorce, which is more important than the finances themselves. Finances are something that will test every marriage, but if the marriage fails it's because the marriage was defective in the first place.

Blaming the finances is a bit like blaming the traffic light for changing when you run a red.

Why do things like this always portray men as people who don't know how to cook? That without women we would be eating pizza and stacking pizza boxes in the living room... ugh.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith to reap the rewards rather than being middle aged, lonely and depressed.
    That sounds like a terrible reason to get married and a recipe for disaster. Get married because you love your partner and the two of you agree that you want to build a life partnership together. Do it because of where you want to go, not because of where you're scared you'll land up if you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came across a really cool video that shows how awesome married life is. What do you think about it?

I like the points about sleeping and weekends. It really makes you wonder why more younger people aren't rushing to get married. Why postpone or even worse turn down such happiness.
    So when are you tying the knot? You should be married by now. What are you waiting for? Stop wasting your life. Don't you want to keep up with the Jones'? You are falling behind Tennisace! You're wasting away your life! Hurry!!! HURRRRYYY!

- - - Updated - - -

Two things.

1: Anyone else notice how the whole video projects some bullshit cookie cutter version of how an atomic family should be? How very disingenuous.

2: Anyone else think that Tennisace should work for a Men's Health, or Women's Living magazine? He would fit right in with the "are you tired of being fat?" "Are you lonely? here is 5 easy tips to find that special someone" sort of fake drivel.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Marriage is about compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Marriage is what you make it. It has ups and downs, and requires work, as well as being a team. It's not for everyone, and that's okay.
    this could pretty much end this topic... 100% on point

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    This statement doesn't sit well with me. Not because it's inherently wrong per se, but because it fails to consider why finances cause divorce, which is more important than the finances themselves. Finances are something that will test every marriage, but if the marriage fails it's because the marriage was defective in the first place.

Blaming the finances is a bit like blaming the traffic light for changing when you run a red.
    You said that you dont know where the notion that wives harass their husbands about finance. The notion is from the fact that Finance is #1 cause of divorce. Its up to you if you want to believe that or not. You seem to not, feeling the marriage was flawed and finances were the excuse. Which doesnt matter. The fact is Finance was still the reason the divorced happened whether flawed or not.

Also, your analogy doesnt apply. One factor is that the rate of divorce goes up even higher when the Woman out earns the Man. So its not always that finances get worse that divorce happens. Sometimes, finances get better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Marriage is about compromise.
    Relationships in general are about compromise. Marriage doesn't set new rules.

1200$ Salary for men
    800$ Salary for women

Are women tricking men to live a better life?

10+ Year Old Account
    I came across a really cool video that shows how awesome married life is. What do you think about it?

I like the points about sleeping and weekends. It really makes you wonder why more younger people aren't rushing to get married. Why postpone or even worse turn down such happiness.
    Nearly half of marriages end in divorce...I think to many people are rushing into it.

This is a pretty good article I read a while back

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/yo...-women-anymore

Guys don't want to get married...I know I don't want to...and it would take someone really special I've known and trusted for a long time to make me consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Guys don't want to get married...I know I don't want to...and it would take someone really special I've known and trusted for a long time to make me consider it.
    As it stands for most Men marriage is a rotten deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    1200$ Salary for men
    800$ Salary for women

Are women tricking men to live a better life?
    I was more concerned with it pushing the B.S. about a wage gap, without coming right out and saying it.

The whole video was sorta bull shit as it was kinda preaching the stereo-typical T.V. sitcom marriage. That is the image of marriage TV portrays for ratings, not because it is an actual real representation of every marriage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Nearly half of marriages end in divorce...I think to many people are rushing into it.

This is a pretty good article I read a while back

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/yo...-women-anymore

There is seriously only 2 reasons that I want to get married. 1, the wedding itself. It is something I've always wanted to do. Doesn't have to be huge and fancy, but I would like to have the celebration all the same. And 2, Health Insurance. Mine is far better than hers, and I would like to be sure that in case she needs medical attention, she gets the best and most affordable options.

Aside from #1 being superficial, and #2 being economic, being married is no different than how we have been living all this time (9 years as of the 17th).

Marriage benefits are so skewed towards the woman that every woman that even suggests marriage just looks like some leech drooling for some easy cash.

There's not even a point, it's just giving away your rights for some ancient outdated tradition.

And the very high possibility of the woman taking everything and lands you in a Brendan Fraser state. And it was not even your fault.

Who wants to get married anymore? Men has the most to lose. In a marriage. Today, you have to be 1000% careful who you bloody marry, and hope to god you are not marrying a filthy gold digger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha. Is this really supposed to entice Men to get married?

I think the divorce rate proves this video wrong. And even after watching this cheesy video, I still say most Men should never get married.

10+ Year Old Account
    To try to find the perfect time for marriage is a near impossibility (if it's in the books for you). I also find it very difficult to compare married life to single life because they represent completely different parts of my life (and thus very different stages of my wants).

I will add something that surprised me greatly though.

I didn't "lose" any of my free time or hobbies when I got married or when we had children BUT my interests did change quite a bit and I simply do a lot more (and I love every minute of it). My capacity grew. Instead of running on what I thought was a full tank of gas, I now realize I was running on 80%.

FACT: Being married and having children is the best way to slow down life. Stop and smell the roses? Nah, just have your 4 year old tell you a 5 minute story consisting of 20 words. 5 minutes will feel like a 1000 years. Birds fly in slow motion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruunicus View Post
    To try to find the perfect time for marriage is a near impossibility (if it's in the books for you). I also find it very difficult to compare married life to single life because they represent completely different parts of my life (and thus very different stages of my wants).

I will add something that surprised me greatly though.

I didn't "lose" any of my free time or hobbies when I got married or when we had children BUT my interests did change quite a bit and I simply do a lot more (and I love every minute of it). My capacity grew. Instead of running on what I thought was a full tank of gas, I now realize I was running on 80%.

FACT: Being married and having children is the best way to slow down life. Stop and smell the roses? Nah, just have your 4 year old tell you a 5 minute story consisting of 20 words. 5 minutes will feel like a 1000 years. Birds fly in slow motion...
    Is more so that having children made these changes in your life? Or was it specifically marriage? Or both I guess if that fits.

As someone who has been in a relationship for nearly 10 years, I can't imagine signing a piece of paper will change anything at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    As it stands for most Men marriage is a rotten deal.
    Exactly...and I've seen it first hand how shitty a divorce is...my Brother's ex literally manipulated the court into giving her a car of his she claimed she *needed* which literally has gone unused and sat in the same spot on the side of the road in front of her parents house for a year.