Poll: Will you buy/play the necromancer?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Free? Don't heroes have a price tag in HotS as well? Anyway, completely different games with completely different design goals. It can be argued back and forth all day but characters in D3 versus characters in HotS have completely different levels of depth and different design teams as well. If anything, since it happens more often over there HotS is doing more 'milking' with all the hero additions and the fact that you can regularly buy things like stim packs. D3 you only have to make up to 3 purchases (once this pack releases) and that's it, you're done. At least for the PC version.
    If you play the game you can get hots heroes for free. And yeah im pretty sure that hots architecture was built around making new heroes easy. But then again thats probably true for d3 too. Anyway my point is that its too expensive for a game that i got burned out 1 year ago.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I'll buy it and do a campaign playthrough with a buddy, will play one in S11 aswell. Hope it'll keep me entertained for longer than a week, though a certain other ARPG is getting a big patch aswell, so maybe not. Still kinda puzzling to me why they would line up those releases but w/e.

That's be amazing, doubt it though.

Probably the opposite? I agree that spending €15 on it isn't a lot but it should be easy to understand that not everyone has the same luxury we have. Even people with a job and espescially the ones living by themself, maybe have a family or whatnot. Not everyone lives in a rich western country either.
    15 bucks isn't luxury.
    I live on a kind of government assistance and even I can spare 15 euro for a one time purchase. It seems few people have that foresight and planning capacity.

Eh, I have a hard time justifying $15 for just a class when what the game really needs is actual new content. Would rather spend $15 on PoE as they're actually adding things.

Necromancer doesn't fix any of the issues I have with the game, so $15 is too much.

i want to buy it ... i want to play D3 again ..but i am 100% sure i only play it for 2-3 weeks and then wait for next season .. like i always do

so kinda not sure yet, i know i should not buy it and by that supporting a that could be so much better ....

Already got 3 other friends who are getting this. 4 necros in Season is gonna be fun.

Price tag is the highest barrier i had put to myself, so i cannot really complain. I would have preferred 10 but ehhhh.

I'll probably buy it when i have time for it. I have other games on my hands, and i know i'll just play the story, maybe some adventure mode, then abandon the game again.

New class is fun and well done, but lack of meaningful content is what kills the game for me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    i want to buy it ... i want to play D3 again ..but i am 100% sure i only play it for 2-3 weeks and then wait for next season .. like i always do

so kinda not sure yet, i know i should not buy it and by that supporting a that could be so much better ....
    15 bucks for 2-3 weeks of fun.. it's about as low as it gets.. it's cheaper then going to a theater to watch one movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Surprised about the "low" price. 15 € gets you 11 HS packs... Telling how small the target audience must be for this pack if they price it like that.

Yes I will play it for sure.

I would have even bought it for 50 €, because I'm not extremely poor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nope, $15 is overpriced for it.

$10 at most and yes because its a extra $5 I won't be buying it. Many other things to spend $15 on.
    It's not overpriced at all for a blizzard game. Look what 15 € buys you in WoW, OW or HS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play often enough to justify the cost. I like the game well enough when I play it but I don't play it often and I'm happy enough with my Wizard.

Maybe down the road but not right away.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    $15 is sorta steep for the content
    But if it leads to new classes being released I don't mind paying for the necro

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    It's not overpriced at all for a blizzard game. Look what 15 € buys you in WoW, OW or HS.
    A blizzard game is no more special then any other game. I feel its overpriced so I won't be buying it, If someone wants to then by all means go ahead.

Just for me, for what you get it isn't worth $15. $10 was my max limit on what I would pay.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

All things being considered, $15 for a new class and even 5-10 hours of entertainment leveling and gearing up in one season is reasonable to me.

I'll spend more than $15 going to the movies for 2 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    What would be a fair price then, for you?

You must consider all the work put into this and that it's taken them some 5-6 months to develop it. Hell, it's probably taken more than that since they had worked on it prior to Blizzcon.
    Somewhere between 5 and 10.

Time doesn't really mean anything alone, they probably only had a skeleton crew on Diablo so of course it took them way too long.

They've not made any money on anything since launch. If this is the prize they want to set, that's that. I think it's a reasonable price. It's not a big purchase and it's not gonna happen often. But the negative reactions towards it are not proportional.
    SC2 commander prices are 10 bucks, but that's less stuff for that team to make.
    Fair enough. I have been pleasantly surprised with how much they've continued to support it since RoS. They NEEDED to after the original D3 launch just because of how bad it was, but sticking with it after RoS...

So, touche my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusch View Post
    they probably only had a skeleton crew on Diablo so of course it took them way too long.
    There is no probably, it is a skeleton crew on Diablo.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yup. $15 isn't too bad for something I'll likely spend 40+ hours playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    So you felt compelled to come here and give input about a game you don't like and that you don't play? If it isn't relevant to you or your interests, why bother? You'd think the question was towards active D3 players and not those that've barely played the game... But alright.
    Wow, you are extremely defensive aren't you ? Read the question. Read possible answers. Don't rage because people dare to have diffrent opinions. Dlcs/expansions tend to bring people back to games. This one doesn't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The whole seasons thing killed it for me, I can rarely ever play it with someone else, because OMG - I didn't play for a month so I have to start from level 1 again.
    It takes an experienced player only 1.5 - 2 hours to level 1-70.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    No.

Ridiculously overpriced.
    Overpriced ? You pay the same or even more than that for a cinema ticket + snacks and something to drink on the cinema. Giving you 2-3 hours entertainment. The necro pack will last more than a 2 hour cinema movie. Even 2 movies.

You get a better return for your money buying the necro pack. So no. Not really overpriced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I got into the beta almost 2 months ago and got to try out the Necro, probably not right away. They were fun, but I don't play a whole lot of D3 anymore. However, if I was to ever pick the game back up again for a season or so, I'll buy it then.