Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Towellie accidentally made a brilliant observation about WoW this morning

Towellie is trying to login because queues are jammed. His dog is yipping and barking at him in the background and he goes, "she has a lot of toys but she craves social interaction." That sums up the state of wow right there. Weve got more toys than ever yet subs are at WoD levels. Its because people also crave social interaction and this game is very limited in that regard compared to years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Towellie is trying to login because queues are jammed. His dog is yipping and barking at him in the background and he goes, "she has a lot of toys but she craves social interaction." That sums up the state of wow right there. Weve got more toys than ever yet subs are at WoD levels. Its because people also crave social interaction and this game is very limited in that regard compared to years ago.
    Uhhh...I think you made a wrong turn.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    You make no sense at all...

The game is no more limited now than it was years ago. The players are the ones not choosing social interactions. Forcing people to talk to each other to make a group is no more social than the few minor pleasantries people say to the cashier at the grocery store.

Did they remove the ability to chat to others in the game?

Cocaine's 1 hell of a drug...

I feel like this was meant to be a thread created by Jaylock...

Deleted
    I'd actually prefer less social interaction.

Deleted
    There is more ways to interact with other players than there used to be. It's just that players keep discovering new ways to exclude many of other players that they possible can. It can be ilvl, achievement or new m+ score. To me it seem like most players don't want to interact with other players but just want to get that new ilvl gear most effective way as possible, so quite opposite what OP is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I'd actually prefer less social interaction.
    yes, this.

i want less people to annoy me. i want them to be there in the world, talking in trade, whatever. but i don't want to have to do things with them at all, EVER.

Whatever drugs your on i would suggest stop taking them.

Have you played wow ? probably 80% of the players would play the game as a single player if you could do everything solo, and dont want to be social at all.

It´s more the other way around, they go to great lengths to avoid having to be social.

People blaming their own social disabilities on the game are nothing short of pathetic.

Want to chat to people? Nothing is stopping you.
    Want a sense of community? It was ALWAYS found first and foremost within guilds and among players you surrounded yourself with by adding them as friends. This myth that people became best friends and everything was unicorns and rainbows once upon a time in this online game filled with tons of random people got old 10 years ago.

The problem is that you people bitch and whine and blame your own flaws on things that won't solve your issues.

Deleted
    Towellie is trying to login because queues are jammed.
    Who? What the hell is this thread even about?

Deleted
    WoD had 10 million subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's sad is that apparently people can't socialize on their own without Blizzard forcing them too. But yes please tell me again how you talked at length to every single player you ever came across back in "the olden days" and how guilds don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People blaming their own social disabilities on the game are nothing short of pathetic.

Want to chat to people? Nothing is stopping you.
    Want a sense of community? It was ALWAYS found first and foremost within guilds and among players you surrounded yourself with by adding them as friends. This myth that people became best friends and everything was unicorns and rainbows once upon a time in this online game filled with tons of random people got old 10 years ago.

The problem is that you people bitch and whine and blame your own flaws on things that won't solve your issues.
    Yeah I have seen in similar topics to this people say how before LFD and LFR came out their friends list was full after that it was empty. If that happened to you that means they were never your friend you were just mutually using each other until something better came along.

Deleted
    Not enough content 10 months in. 7.2 added barely any enticing world content. We are left with the perpetuation of launch content in the form of M+ and world quests till the end of the expansion. And getting a new raid every 6 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this person thought their statement was wayyy more deep than it was.