Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Is it really that hard to tell the difference between Jeff's response and Ornyx? Jeff responded to a player who should have never been responded to, the guy offered nothing, but Jeff responded in a catty unprofessional manner. It's also important to keep in mind what game is being played here, Overwatch. As long as you have a solid 10 or so games under your belt you've effectively sampled 100% of content.

Ornyx responded to a guy, making an underhanded reference to not having anything to do in the game except grind AP. Ornyx called him on it. This guy is criticising an aspect of the game when he hasn't even sampled everything he could be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    to be fair, a Cm calling you out compared to jeff fucking kaplan is a very different level, also ornyx ddi say sorry
    Yeah, the lead developer of a game telling you to "git gud" at it is a pretty savage burn.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I actually like when the devs hammer people for being idiots. It's a legit response to somebody acting stupid. It shows that they are real people. It's when they backtrack and have to do the PR fixing crap that annoys me.

if I get Jeff to nerdrage and call out my overwatch career profile I get a free year of wow?

what do I get for speedrunning it?

Ornyx is great and i support him 100%

Bad trolls must be called on everytime so they know how to behave

Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    Ornyx is great and i support him 100%

Bad trolls must be called on everytime so they know how to behave
    Right, everyone knows calling out a troll neutralizes them completely. It's not like the overwhelming majority of trolls desire exactly that.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Do Blizzard even use the wow forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    EPIC DEV BATTLES OF HISTORY!!

Ornyx vs JEFF KAPLAAAAAAAAN - BEGIN!!!
    <battle commences>

WHO WON, WHOSE NEXT?? YOU DECIDEghlgheruhrghl!!!!!!!!
    No, god dammit, you did it wrong! You're not slurring enough!

EBUG RAB BADAS OF HISADY!

ORNYX!

VERSUS!

TIGOLE BIDDIES!

BEGIN!

Wrestle with Jeph prepare for death

Also fuck Ornyx.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Thats the problem...i have no idea

Because transmog is now in the game and there are 4 difficulty levels instead of just 1.

So that prestige of looking cool (no transmog) is gone
    And the prestige of seeing the content is gone (LFR)

So i have no idea how anymore to give prestige to players.
    You seem to be confused as to the difference between opinions and facts. Your idea of prestige is not the same as that of the people I have ever raided with. From vanilla to present, the raids I've done have never been about sightseeing, it's been about overcoming challenges. I have never cared if some random person looking at my character had any appreciation for the accomplishments because I found beating tough encounters intrinsically rewarding.

Your claim that there is no point to raiding beyond LFR isn't at all factual and you just come across as being dumb when you try to argue others into agreeing with your assessment. It is an opinion that you have based on a very particular view of accomplishment that I do not believe is very wide spread.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Leave it to you nerds with unobrows to get upset about an all around feel-good story
    ikr, I found they way Jeff Kaplan solved it quite uplifting. Like a happy ending. People seem to hate happy endings

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

I.E. You do not teach lessons by caving in to a crying child's demands. You only make the attitude worse that way.
    Wow that is some cynicism right there. I dare you to click on the link in the OP and read the whole story including the reply from the player...

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Wow that is some cynicism right there. I dare you to click on the link in the OP and read the whole story including the reply from the player...
    I don't need to click those links because I've seen and followed both stories (Ornyx' and Kapan's responses) the day they happened, and followed them enough. The troll that Kaplan responded to tried to be "edgy" and "cool" by making a title calling Blizzard out "Does Blizzard play their own game" and all that he wrote in the post was "nuff said", in a failed attempt to claim Blizzard don't know what they're doing with their own game.

Ornyx's story was the same thing. A troll tried to be "edgy" and complained about nothing to do, when he hasn't done over half of what the expansion has to offer.

The trolls deserved the roasts they got. I support Ornyx 100%, while I 100% Kaplan's roast of the troll, he went down several ranks in the respect meter for me for caving in to the crying baby and giving him gifts to make him stop crying instead of letting the troll learn the lesson he deserved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Your claim that there is no point to raiding beyond LFR isn't at all factual and you just come across as being dumb when you try to argue others into agreeing with your assessment. It is an opinion that you have based on a very particular view of accomplishment that I do not believe is very wide spread.
    Yes it is a very wide spread opinion that 80% of the population stops playing after LFR or Normal.

My opinion why? Because there is no prestige in doing so anymore.

If Kap or Ornyx used hidden/private/internal info to attack customers it may be a violation of business ethics at Blizzard regardless of whether or not you think it was deserved. Which I kind of wonder if that was the case with Kaplan considering the apology. Not sure what you can see from people's public profiles with Overwatch or if the guy Ornyx responded to left his account progression visible or changed it to character only and I'm too lazy to look. Employees lashing out at customers nearly always looks bad and sets a poor tone in customer-business communications.

Also, I want to see EmilyOrange get Kaplan to try to nerdshame them now.

15+ Year Old Account
    If he had just refrained from including the first paragraph and only posted the following he wouldn't had caught as much heat. He made himself sound far superior by pointing out how many games he played. Orynx didn't brag about himself either.

Did you have a specific question or are you just here trolling?

- Jeff Kaplan

I'm a Tigole fanboi but I can see why he caught flack even if it was a damn troll.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2017-06-20 at 09:04 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I mean... Blizzards customer base looks to it's Dev's for direction and professional insight. I don't think either of these individuals behaved like the professionals they intend to be, I get it, their human and humans get emotional and make mistakes... But achievement shaming is not the way I would go about handling customers.

To each their own, most of the little turds on the GF deserved to be put in place, but leave that up to the player base, developers are supposed to be professional and should act accordingly, to set an example. I'm sure that player would enjoy legion more if he participates in pet battle world quests, and orderhall follower missions... Not like some players only play to PvP or only to Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The trolls deserved the roasts they got. I support Ornyx 100%, while I 100% Kaplan's roast of the troll, he went down several ranks in the respect meter for me for caving in to the crying baby and giving him gifts to make him stop crying instead of letting the troll learn the lesson he deserved.
    From your comment I can only guess that you did infact not read the whole story. My moral of the story however is that conflict when resolved properly can result in benefiting both sides.

It's really a pity that you cannot see that

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    From your comment I can only guess that you did infact not read the whole story. My moral of the story however is that conflict when resolved properly can result in benefiting both sides.

It's really a pity that you cannot see that
    The roast was the 'proper answer'. The edgy-wannabe deserved that. Backtracking like that, and worse, rewarding such abhorrent behavior like that is beyond counter-productive. Not every ending needs to be 'good, warm and fuzzy' to be effective.

So all I gotta do is make a troll post in the official forums, wait for a Blizzard rep to roast me, tumblr-shame them, and gain big rewards? That's the moral of the story for you?

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Ornyx is a moron simple as that.

He is like a SJW baby.
    Can't agree/disagree on that second bit but he is definitely a moron.

He shouldn't have apologized. Gamers these days are entitled, obnoxious shitheads who think they can say whatever they want with no repercussions because business practices here in America don't allow CSRs to put idiots in their place. These two instances are, imo, completely legitimate instances of CSRs putting these asshats in their places.