Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    As a black Canadian I can say this was not a Murder.
    Thanks for your observation but shooting someone is generally considered murder.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Finnish police are indeed armed, but in the ENTIRE year of 2013 (latest year that Wikipedia shows, yes I'm being lazy) they fired 6 rounds, had zero deaths due to firearm use, and wounded 4 people. Out of a total of 27 times that firearms were used in any capacity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police...ountry#Finland

The point being, if other police forces can do it... why can't the US?
    Like I asked the other poster from Finland, what is the population of Finland and their crime rate, drug and gang related crime, citizen firearm ownership? And if shootings are so extremely low there, why do they need to carry firearms?

Deleted
    Fi

The point being, if other police forces can do it... why can't the US?
    Because of a cultural predisposition towards violence in that country.

It is unintentionally comical.

How we de stop terrorists bombing things? BOMB DA TURORISTS.
    How we do stop criminals with guns? MORE GUNS.
    Why does everyone hate us? WE NEED KILL MORE PEOPLE.

Ultra-violent, animalistic, backward, reactionary. Incapable of understanding the most simple rational argument or logical principle.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-06-20 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Can't they invent stun guns that can disable a target from some meters away, non lethal.. ?
    Stun guns are not near as effective at stopping a deadly threat as firearms are. Too many things can go wrong and the cop stands a much higher chance to suffer injuries.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Thanks for your observation but shooting someone is generally considered murder.
    Except when it's self defence or defending some one else from a threat which I would say this is.

Deleted
    Except when it's self defence or defending some one else from a threat which I would say this is.
    This scenario plays out in hundreds of incidents across Europe regularly where properly trained police disarm the attacker.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Stun guns are not near as effective at stopping a deadly threat as firearms are. Too many things can go wrong and the cop stands a much higher chance to suffer injuries.
    In a case like this I'd say they should have used a taser and then two cops would agree as they wanted to taste her but didn't have them. In a case like this many cops would take the risk of injury to use a taser even if people think all cops just want to go pew pew and shoot every one.

Deleted
    This is what makes me fucking puke about you people. Ultra-violent but also cowardly.

The police swore an oath to protect people and put themselves in harms. The priority of policing is to protect the public, not the officer.

You get this same dickless attitude with the US military. We can't send in infantry, that might be dangerous so we'll just bomb the area and kill half a dozen civillians.

The cops are not the bad guys the lack of any reasonble training standees in America is.
    I totally agree. We need to be training our law enforcement in several different methods of deescalation and have standards that need to be met to become a law enforcement official. Likewise, we need to have body cams become the standard because that will show if they're actually following proper procedure. At the same time, that footage should be investigated by companies outside of both public view and police view, being hidden from both groups, where the footage is just that, footage used in case of an issue on either side. If it's taken to trial, the footage will either show the innocence or guilt, and it never should leave the courtroom into the public eye.

We definitely need to start shifting some of the focus towards the people who need to learn to listen to the cops and do what they say as well, and we need to hold those people that don't listen accountable for their actions, starting with the news media who need to stop trying to sell "cop shoots innocent" because those stories generate more buzz and income for themselves.

So we can chalk this all up to a series of poor judgment calls on the people with the real power (the cops). Why haven't they at least been fired?
    I think we can chalk it up to a crazy woman with a knife attacking armed officers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    1. London was terror attack.
    And that has what to do with how dangerous a knife is? Does a terrorist wielding a knife make it more dangerous than a mentally unstable person?

2. Gun crime statistics shows the difference...
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/trans...foi/knifecrime

The latest figures for police recorded offences involving a knife or sharp instrument can be found in Table 9a of the year ending September 2015 statistical bulletin. There were a total of 27,487 offences involving a knife or sharp instrument that were recorded by the police in the year ending September 2015. Of these offences, 188 (less than 1%) were homicides and 27,299 were made up of other selected offences such as attempted murder and threats to kill.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34996604

Some 13,286 people were killed in the US by firearms in 2015,
    So in 2015 .00004% of the U.S. population is was killed by firearms and .000002% of the population of the U.K. was killed by knifes. So even though you are 20x more likely to die from a gunshot wound than a knife wound, you still have a chance to die from a knife wound. It's the same as saying "you're more likely to win the lottery than be bit by a shark." That doesn't mean the shark is harmless.

7+ Year Old Account
    This scenario plays out in hundreds of incidents across Europe regularly where properly trained police disarm the attacker.
    Ya I know that but U.S. Police are not trained the same way and can't deal with it the same way. Read some of my post km comply for training police to deal with knifes without having to shoot I am how ever not for untrained police getting them selfs killed trying to.

This is what makes me fucking puke about you people. Ultra-violent but also cowardly.

The police swore an oath to protect people and put themselves in harms. The priority of policing is to protect the public, not the officer.

You get this same dickless attitude with the US military. We can't send in infantry, that might be dangerous so we'll just bomb the area and kill half a dozen civillians.
    Don't get angry because you don't understand how stun guns work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    We definitely need to start shifting some of the focus towards the people who need to learn to listen to the cops and do what they say as well, and we need to hold those people that don't listen accountable for their actions, starting with the news media who need to stop trying to sell "cop shoots innocent" because those stories generate more buzz and income for themselves.
    Once again with the "this happens nowhere else". Your police fucking suck. It probably doesn't help that they have all these supporters rushing to hand their dick over to them.

10+ Year Old Account

And this reply is what makes me put some on my ignore list. The inability to have a civilized conversation without personal insults.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And that person would be charged with assault.
    No, not really. Cops don't usually arrest people for fighting in a bar as long as they haven't destroyed property, haven't hurt anyone else, and both break it up without the cop needing to interfere.

Haven't you ever been in a bar fight?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Posters like him mainly want to bash America and they usually get away with it. Not worth my time to even consider his opinions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Wow, you really have no penis don't you?

Two trained police officers should be more than capable of disarming a small woman without any kind of weapon at all.
    Let alone a lethal firearm. There were kids present. Those idiots should be prosecuted for manslaughter.

Like I asked the other poster from Finland, what is the population of Finland and their crime rate, drug and gang related crime, citizen firearm ownership? And if shootings are so extremely low there, why do they need to carry firearms?
    I'm Canadian with a Finnish heritage, so I'm relying on my google-fu for this.

Overall Crime (currently find anything else that was recent and easily verifiable, so treat as you wish): https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

Homicides (wikipedia with data taken from the UN): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

Both indexes have Finland far below the US on a per-capita basis.

As for firearm ownership... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estima...ita_by_country

Finland has one-third (roughly) per-capita of the US, which outstrips any singular Country anyway on ownsership (literally more than one firearm per person on average)

Population of Finland is roughly 5.5 Million

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Haven't you ever been in a bar fight?
    No I have not.

Deleted
    Posters like him mainly want to bash America and they usually get away with it. Not worth my time to even consider his opinions.
    Waah waah waah I was criticized for speaking up for the state assassination of a tiny black woman. I'M BEING REPRESSED!

You know what is worse than being tongue-lashed by an Englishman? Fatally shot.