Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    If Al Franken runs for president, count any conservative who dislikes Trump out. I hate HATE HATE Trump, and I would not vote for Al Franken.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    If Al Franken runs for president, count any conservative who dislikes Trump out. I hate HATE HATE Trump, and I would not vote for Al Franken.
    Any particular reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The fact that you guys want to keep eliminating California from the equation is ridiculous.
    You're forgetting that coastal liberals aren't "Real Americans," so it's OK to count them out when talking about America.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    If you can find an article that supports what you are stating to right ahead. I simply just stated what the article said. If you have an issue with it, I suggest you take it up with the author and editors of that article.

- - - Updated - - -

BOOM!!
    It shall be hand waved away though...
    WHy would I need to provide a article that states that removing 14M voters is silly? Or that removing 1% voters in the rust belt states that voted Trump is silly (the margins he won btw)?

That;s you're argument by linking and arguing based on a silly article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This is incorrect. The 3 million spread came from American voters from many areas. It's a nice oversimplification to claim California is responsible for the popular vote discrepancy, but that's not the only reason Clinton got 3 million more votes. She also got many votes in many other states. The fact that you guys want to keep eliminating California from the equation is ridiculous. The state, like every other state, was purple. Stop pretending they're either a red or a blue state.
    While sneering at "Divide and Conquer" in his signature. /facepalm
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Any particular reason?
    There are multiple reasons, but most of it comes down to his attitude, and perhaps that is due to his acting career; he seems arrogant... pretentious. It's just hard to like him.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    There are multiple reasons, but most of it comes down to his attitude, and perhaps that is due to his acting career; he seems arrogant... pretentious. It's just hard to like him.
    But there are litany of reasons to like him. While everyone has a right to their opinion, it's interesting that there isn't one thing you don't like aside from his personality - lol, which of course is more than enough when it comes to politics. He is different, that's for sure - and his past career can be a little unsettling. But he is extremely bright and well spoken, and can get to the heart of most issues.

I can't see him actually taking the 2020 candidate podium, but if he made it, I would certainly vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    But there are litany of reasons to like him. While everyone has a right to their opinion, it's interesting that there isn't one thing you don't like aside from his personality - lol, which of course is more than enough when it comes to politics. He is different, that's for sure - and his past career can be a little unsettling. But he is extremely bright and well spoken, and can get to the heart of most issues.

I can't see him actually taking the 2020 candidate podium, but if he made it, I would certainly vote for him.
    I think I can sort of see where @Symphonic is coming from. As a former entertainer, he's really made a goal of demonstrating that he is serious and knowledgeable. I suppose his manner could come off differently depending on how much you agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The Sanders path is fools gold. You throw up a Sanders-like figure against Trump (if he makes it to 2020, which I doubt), they'll get a lot of independents and moderates to just stay home in 2020 and let the crazies have it out.
    You don't think revulsion at Trump, and a desire to repudiate all that he has done, would be enough to make the moderates and independents swallow their misgivings and vote for Franken?

But maybe you're right, and the Dems would be better served by having a progressive as the VP. Biden/Franken 2020? I'd vote that ticket without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I think I can sort of see where @Symphonic is coming from. As a former entertainer, he's really made a goal of demonstrating that he is serious and knowledgeable. I suppose his manner could come off differently depending on how much you agree with him.
    I can't at all you vote for the better policies that's it.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!