10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Finally got my CE... I felt like I was open one of those russian dolls lol. 3 boxes! 4 if you count the one it shipped in lol. pic
    CE statue size comparison.
    I see that cat found those boxes.

Got mine today as well, surprisingly it arrived 2 days before estimate.

15+ Year Old Account
    awwww yeeeeeeee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    awwww yeeeeeeee
    [img]https://i.gyazo.com/95b98c8f620b835806b81f36ccce3965.png[/img]
    As a fellow AST who has managed to climb to 70 now, I agree.
    Now, I have 14 jobs and 11 classes (Gathering/Crafting) left to get to 70.
    Now that will take some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Think my next project will be RDM, just to have a DPS job at cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Basically any Class which would use a Two-Handed Sword and wield magic spells too.
    Samurai is 2H Melee DPS.
    Paladin, Dark Knight and Warrior are tanks only.

No DPS with the Paladin archetype I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Is there a Retribution Paladin "equivalent" Class in FFXIV? Or, if I choose Paladin, do I have to always play as a Tank?

Basically any Class which would use a Two-Handed Sword and wield magic spells too.
    Basic answer is no. Dark Knight is the only 2-hand spell wielding class, but that's tank only and I doubt the spells it uses fit the theme you're trying to go for. The only two-handed sword DPS is Samurai and the only DPS that uses both melee attacks and spells Red Mage, and that is heavily caster focused with the melee aspect being very small (cast from range most of the time, jump in do a 3 step combo, jump out and then use another spell, then start the rotation over).

evening que on shiva went from 3k to 115, maybe all the us folks who transferred to skip the raubahn stand [THE WALL] moved back?

Dragoon probably has a closer feel to Ret Pally than Samurai. The little I have played of SAM so far has just felt straight up melee, and while DRG is melee it's more like melee using dragon based magic to power its abilities, but with a spear instead of a sword/axe/hammer.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    On the topic of solely SoS, they may have taken it away as a base ability but Lucid Dreaming is better than SoS. Its 20 potency higher and 6s longer. WHM is in a pretty good spot, in regards to their MP management. Not to mention you also get an ability in your 60s called Thin Air that allows you to cast spells for free for 12s.
    I like the changes but I'm still seeing some skills that don't make any sense, but this could be because I've yet to get over 31. Example, what is the point in the lance toss spell for lancers? It seems like a waste of a cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    So is it just me or do tanks not have 100% accuracy anymore? I keep missing a lot... which is really annoying as it's happened a few times on pull.
    I am wondering this as well. My friend has been commenting about some of his attacks missing as a tank and we started wondering if there was some hit rating thing he could get to fix it. We haven't seen anything yet.

Progress slowed a bit due to server queues (and my FC's subsequent move) along with the Raubahn wall. Just unlocked the level 69 dungeon, so I'm closing in. Eager to get to gathering and crafting, and I'll use roulettes to bring a tank job up. Seems like PLD is the FOTM tank right now (no surprise really), so I'm going to opt for DRK first...but it feels weird not having Scourge anymore. Haven't played either other tank yet, but they seem a bit too streamlined: here's your threat combo, dps combo, some cds and utility skills. I'll level them to 70 first before making a serious judgement though. I mean hell, you dont even get blood gauge until 62...

Oh, and this story has been phenomenal up to this point. Won't say any more for risk of spoiling (I am refraining from the spoiler thread until I have MSQ complete).

We also had the S rank in Azim Steppe spawn...and it wrecked everyone. Does pulsing aoe for 8-10k a hit, and it can fire 2-3 times in a row. Bring lots of healers for now.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-06-20 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The statue does look better then the HW one IMO, But I still feel it isn't worth the extra $80 price tag.

- - - Updated - - -

(US)http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/mount_campaign_2017/
    (EU)http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/mount_campaign_2017/

(Special Fly The Falcon Mount Event)
    My question is what about those of us with a 6 month sub already active?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    My question is what about those of us with a 6 month sub already active?
    "If you have remaining subscription time that was purchased before the campaign period, or you have an active recurring subscription, we will calculate any remaining game time available as of Saturday the 1st of July towards the campaign."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    awwww yeeeeeeee
    Nice, was a bit disappointed that skirt is actually part of chest piece, instead of being leg item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I am wondering this as well. My friend has been commenting about some of his attacks missing as a tank and we started wondering if there was some hit rating thing he could get to fix it. We haven't seen anything yet.
    They changed accuracy to match your level so if mobs are higher level then you yes you will miss at times

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    They changed accuracy to match your level so if mobs are higher level then you yes you will miss at times
    Are mobs higher level in dungeons at 70? I don't remember if that is a thing in this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    "If you have remaining subscription time that was purchased before the campaign period, or you have an active recurring subscription, we will calculate any remaining game time available as of Saturday the 1st of July towards the campaign."

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, was a bit disappointed that skirt is actually part of chest piece, instead of being leg item.
    Sweet thx must have missed it

Killed both extremes... i got trolled by susano. On my 10th attempt i finally got my rdm weapon -.-

Homophobia is so gay.

Just unlocked Sirensong Sea. Gonna do it tomorrow. So far story is really good. And Zenos is a total fucking badass.

Could someone please post some images of RDM and SAM weapons/glamours? Don't have an active sub right now and I really want to know what kind of different weapon appearances the new jobs have. Are there allagian replica (the lv50 ones) for the new jobs by any chance? I really do like the allagian armor/weapon looks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I like the changes but I'm still seeing some skills that don't make any sense, but this could be because I've yet to get over 31. Example, what is the point in the lance toss spell for lancers? It seems like a waste of a cooldown.
    For that example, the point of Piercing Talon is to give you an ability to attack from afar if for some reason you can still target a mob but not get to it. Assuming piercing talon is the skill you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Could someone please post some images of RDM and SAM weapons/glamours? Don't have an active sub right now and I really want to know what kind of different weapon appearances the new jobs have. Are there allagian replica (the lv50 ones) for the new jobs by any chance? I really do like the allagian armor/weapon looks.
    They said there won't be any Allagan/High Allagan SAM/RDM weapons, but there are Ironworks, all primals, etc. Not sure if any weapons drop from the level 50 dungeons but I'm guessing not as aside from the crafted primal ones, there are no crafted SAM/RDM weapons prior to HW.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"