Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Ford promises not to go to mexico, chooses china instead. MAGA

Remember that deal Trump made.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    Ford said last week that it will expand in Michigan and U.S. instead of building a BILLION dollar plant in Mexico. Thank you Ford & Fiat C!
    9:16 AM - 9 Jan 2017

http://thehill.com/latino/338586-for...exico-to-china

Well Ford is now taking a page out of His daughter Ivaka's business practices....and moving to China instead.

Ford Motor Co. is moving production of its Focus model to China after production at its Michigan plant ends in 2019.

The move, which Ford estimates will save it $500 million in production costs for the car, comes as the company has become a target of President Trump, who is pressuring manufacturers to keep jobs in the United States

Seems being a bully and tweeting does not have the same impact or fear factor anymore.

Well good thing Trump has made China a currency manipulator and instituted all those tariffs....oh...wait...never mind

Art of the Deal my friends....

10+ Year Old Account

Ask yourselves Trumpkins, if Trump were a Chinese/Russian agent, what exactly would he be doing differently?

No wonder Xi Jinping is a fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Shocking that the "they're gonna reopen the vacuum cleaner plant that closed 20 years ago that once supported our small Wisconsin town! MAGA!" unicorn turned out to be a unicorn.

Deplorables gonna be deplorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Shocking that the "they're gonna reopen the vacuum cleaner plant that closed 20 years ago that once supported our small Wisconsin town! MAGA!" unicorn turned out to be a unicorn.
    But Skroe! Surely the coal mines and coal plants will come back instead, right?

More ironic is forcing the jobs out of Mexico, which may in turn if their economy becomes stagnant we will have people crossing the border for jobs into the U.S.

MAGAMAGAMAGAMAGA!!!

- - - Updated - - -

But Skroe! Surely the coal mines and coal plants will come back instead, right?
    I'm waiting for my job at the typewriter factory to come back.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...ic-Typewriter/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Some people should QWERTY while they're ahead.

On topic: if China gets their "like TPP only with China replacing the USA" deal going, won't Ford be in a position to take advantage of that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people should QWERTY while they're ahead.

On topic: if China gets their "like TPP only with China replacing the USA" deal going, won't Ford be in a position to take advantage of that?
    Why wouldn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Why wouldn't it?
    Legal-ese involving company's corporate location, etc. Basically I'm wondering if Ford sees the winds of change coming and is turning their sail accordingly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legal-ese involving company's corporate location, etc. Basically I'm wondering if Ford sees the winds of change coming and is turning their sail accordingly.
    Considering Nafta is comparable i don't see much of a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

My guess is they are selling those cars in Asia. It wouldn't make sense to build them here and then ship them overseas when you can just build them over there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    More ironic is forcing the jobs out of Mexico, which may in turn if their economy becomes stagnant we will have people crossing the border for jobs into the U.S.

MAGAMAGAMAGAMAGA!!!

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...ic-Typewriter/
    Don't forget the ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    My guess is they are selling those cars in Asia. It wouldn't make sense to build them here and then ship them overseas when you can just build them over there.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget the ribbon.
    Guessing wrong

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tead-of-mexico

Focus poised to be the top car exported to the U.S. from China

Nixed plans for North American production to save $1 billion

By ending North American production of the Focus and importing it mostly from China, Ford anticipates it will save $1 billion.

“We believe this is a much better plan for our business globally,” Hinrichs said. “We think the significant capital savings outweigh any of the risks associated with any adjustments to the border.”

etc etc etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget the ribbon.
    What was that stuff called to erase shit. Oh yeah White Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Guessing wrong

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tead-of-mexico

Focus poised to be the top car exported to the U.S. from China

Nixed plans for North American production to save $1 billion

By ending North American production of the Focus and importing it mostly from China, Ford anticipates it will save $1 billion.

“We believe this is a much better plan for our business globally,” Hinrichs said. “We think the significant capital savings outweigh any of the risks associated with any adjustments to the border.”

etc etc etc etc
    The companies will just have to factor in an import tariff when they are shipped to the US presuming that ever happens.

The companies will just have to factor in an import tariff when they are shipped to the US presuming that ever happens.
    it won't because a corresponding tariff will be placed on goods by china, like countries always do.

Last time we did that to Chinese tires they hit our chickens.
    and what ended up happening is other countries picked up the importing slump by china. did not increase US tire manufacturing.

big study was done on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    it won't because a corresponding tariff will be placed on goods by china, like countries always do.

Last time we did that to Chinese tires they hit our chickens.
    and what ended up happening is other countries picked up the importing slump by china. did not increase US tire manufacturing.

big study was done on that one.
    The difference is these are American companies manufacturing outside the US. As opposed to purchasing goods from outside the US.

Well, even Trump chose China over #America First for his MAGA hat order.

So much winning going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Well, even Trump chose China over #America First for his MAGA hat order.

So much winning going on.
    I can hardly keep up with the #winning.

But how about that Wall? Xi did a good job building it. Maybe Trump can learn a few things from China about wall building. It wouldn't be called the Great Wall if it wasn't great.

But seriously, are there anyone out there that actually voted for Trump thinking Trump as president and full Republican control would benefit workers over their employers? How fucking stupid would you have to be to believe that? If they did I guess keep waiting and voting R that trickle is coming, just wait...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Import tariffs cost the consumer, not the manufacturer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post

But seriously, are there anyone out there that actually voted for Trump thinking Trump as president and full Republican control would benefit workers over their employers? How fucking stupid would you have to be to believe that? If they did I guess keep waiting and voting R that trickle is coming, just wait...
    The trickle is pissing right on top of their heads. But the average Murkin serf is too fucking stupid to realize it - or too gutless or lazy to do anything about it.

Same would happen if Hillary won, except more involving the banksters/Wall St. Remember Bill was the one who brought in NAFTA then wrecked millions of jobs with help from the GOP. Neo-cons vs. Neo-libs, very little difference.

The U.S. gov't is a wholly-owned subsidiary of corporate interests. That is as FDR said, fascism.