Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    basically, it's the same kind of all-or-nothing mission that the illidari and illidan has always pulled off. this is their tactics, they either risk it all and succeed, or they all die.
    Well, let Illidan keep doing that and someday the odds will be against him. At least he will not be a pain in the *** anymore. No disrespect intended against Illidan............................ I am lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Argus isn't "next to Azeroth" - it's still in the same space it occupied before, far off in the Twisting Nether.

Illidan didn't move a planet with the keystone. He just made a gigantic portal between them that's completely up for grabs.
    (Y'know, 'cuz we didn't spend months trying to seal the Tomb for creating a bridge between them or anything.)

What's throwing me off, is that Illidan was able to use the keystone from Argus to reach Azeroth. If it's supposed to be the key to all Legion worlds, how could he use it to come to Azeroth, after we sealed the Tomb?
    If he could just use it to get here from Argus, surely that implies that any demon could have used it on Argus to start a strike on Azeroth before the Demon Hunters stole it...?
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Okay I need people who have this opinion to break this down for me. Why does going to Argus, automatically mean we are going to kill Sargeras? Sargeras probably isn't at Argus since KJ talked to him remotely, and argus is just a dead planet. Our goal is to end the brining legion. If we kill the eredar and the legion falls into complete disarray, doesn't that accomplish our goals?
    Also, even if we did need to beat Sargeras, how would that work? 10k years ago, his avatar almost destroyed everything and that was a fraction of his power. In ToS, we fight the avatar which no longer has any Sargeras in it and that is a serious threat on its own. I just want to understand this viewpoint because at no point can I see a titan as a boss, it seems kind of impossible to fight a planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    So the entire Legion's plan during WotA, Sargeras included? Sounds like they should have used the Keystone, potential for shitwrecking be damned (or, more accurately, welcomed with open arms).
    Well, to be fair with the Legion WotA, the plan was going nicely, until the Old Gods decided to intervene.

With Azeroth being on the verge of becoming Void corrupted for all he knows, if he was being patient about it and hoped someone would one day open the portal for him in an attempt to fight the Legion instead of having the Legion do it itself, he's patently retarded.
    Nature of Titans, being patently retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Fine by me that they go with this.

But they better dont ignore the nature effects a planet has on our planet.
    You cant do something big like this and ignore all nature laws side effects otherwise it pull me right out of the story.

I understand they cant remake all zones but lore-wise this should have mature effects on the sea level, gravity ect.
    Because World of Warcraft has been so realistic so far? :/

Besides, it looks like in the trailer there is merely a portal between the worlds now. That is the function of the Sargerite Keystone Illidan used.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-06-20 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    Argus isn't "next to Azeroth" - it's still in the same space it occupied before, far off in the Twisting Nether.

Illidan didn't move a planet with the keystone. He just made a gigantic portal between them that's completely up for grabs.
    (Y'know, 'cuz we didn't spend months trying to seal the Tomb for creating a bridge between them or anything.)

What's throwing me off, is that Illidan was able to use the keystone from Argus to reach Azeroth. If it's supposed to be the key to all Legion worlds, how could he use it to come to Azeroth, after we sealed the Tomb?
    If he could just use it to get here from Argus, surely that implies that any demon could have used it on Argus to start a strike on Azeroth before the Demon Hunters stole it...?
    Well maybe that is the reason of how the demons were teleporting to Azeroth so if we close the tomb the Sargerite won't work anymore to Azeroth but who knows.

Deleted

in the book he made the connection of the two worlds by himself, he did what no other could ever think. That is why the demons never used the key

Illidan could do it because he ~anchored~ the stone into azeroth, creating a link between azeroth and argus.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much they did kinda the same shit with WoD, when we attacked Draenor...Just remember that scene - group of soldiers, heroes from Azeroth against shitloads of orcs on their home planet.... they will think something so we look like we barely made it hahahha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peach774 View Post
    Okay I need people who have this opinion to break this down for me. Why does going to Argus, automatically mean we are going to kill Sargeras? Sargeras probably isn't at Argus since KJ talked to him remotely, and argus is just a dead planet. Our goal is to end the brining legion. If we kill the eredar and the legion falls into complete disarray, doesn't that accomplish our goals?
    Also, even if we did need to beat Sargeras, how would that work? 10k years ago, his avatar almost destroyed everything and that was a fraction of his power. In ToS, we fight the avatar which no longer has any Sargeras in it and that is a serious threat on its own. I just want to understand this viewpoint because at no point can I see a titan as a boss, it seems kind of impossible to fight a planet.
    Because the only way to end the Burning Legion is by cutting the head of the snake, the Dark Titan Sargeras. That's why everyone is assuming that we will fight him in 7.x.

7+ Year Old Account
    So the entire Legion's plan during WotA, Sargeras included? Sounds like they should have used the Keystone, potential for shitwrecking be damned (or, more accurately, welcomed with open arms).

With Azeroth being on the verge of becoming Void corrupted for all he knows, if he was being patient about it and hoped someone would one day open the portal for him in an attempt to fight the Legion instead of having the Legion do it itself, he's patently retarded.
    What if the Sargerite keystone didn't exist back during WotA and either when the Avatar of Sarg appeared on when Archi arrived is when they created it and needed the current position of Azeroth to open a rift.

Of course, Illidan could easily open a rift to Azeroth because he was just there and probably recorded its position, but he couldn't open a rift to Argus from Azeroth because he didn't have a recorded position.

Quote Originally Posted by Peach774 View Post
    Yep you are right. We'll probably just work our way on Argus while Khadgar and the rest try to close the portal. But no before having Illidan's ass kicked. Then we'll rescue Tularyon and Alleria with the rest of the Army of Light and in the last seconds when the portal is closing we'll see Sargeras as we laugh at him.

7+ Year Old Account

The demons didnt have a recorded current position of Azeroth (planets move in space), while Illidan just came from there. Also Illidan didnt have a recent recorded position of Argus so he couldnt just open up a rift to there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This whole Argus portal thing is the best idea anyone on Azeroth has ever had.
    To think of it, isn't it what Gul'dan tried to do in Nighthold at the end?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    The demons didnt have a recorded current position of Azeroth (planets move in space), while Illidan just came from there. Also Illidan didnt have a recent recorded position of Argus so he couldnt just open up a rift to there.
    http://imgur.com/lLxCoWM

Just change it by a "Blizzard".

Deleted
    By the way, Illidan made the Tomb of Sargeras raid completely pointless.

*We stop Gul'dan from opening a new portal*

Khadgar: "We going to seal the last portal once and for all!"

*Kil'jaeden dies. Illidan creates a new portal.*

Khadgar: "Dude, seriously, what the actual fuck?!?"
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-06-20 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    To think of it, isn't it what Gul'dan tried to do in Nighthold at the end?
    I assumed Gul'dan's portal was all about bringing Sargeras' soul or essence to Azeroth to occupy Illidan's corpse - the glimpse of Argus being either because Sargeras is near (or in) Argus or simply because it was a hop on the way to connecting to wherever Sargeras was - and the cause of the portal becoming fiery red and seemingly burning Gul'dan in the process.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    Well maybe that is the reason of how the demons were teleporting to Azeroth so if we close the tomb the Sargerite won't work anymore to Azeroth but who knows.
    We sealed the Tomb as part of the raid. If you were right, the Sargerite Keystone shouldn't have worked in the first place.

The demons weren't using the Keystone to get here, because the Illidari stole it during the siege of Black Temple. The Illidari campaign this expansion was about retrieving it from the Wardens. The demons were just using the Tomb to get here, not the keystone.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    http://imgur.com/lLxCoWM

Just change it by a "Blizzard".
    And why is it not a valid reason? It could be using similar magic like Hearthstones and mage portals

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    By the way, Illidan made the Tomb of Sargeras raid completely pointless.

Khadgar: "We going to seal the portal once and for all!"

*Kil'jaeden dies. Illidan creates a new portal.*

Khadgar: "Dude, seriously, what the actually fuck?!?"
    -"Yesssss! Illidan our lord and savior!"- -We'll bring the war to him! Sargeras! You are not pre..."- Ploof. And then he's crushed by Sargeras that unintentionally step on him. Best dead ever. Plz Blizzard do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    And why is it not a valid reason? It could be using similar magic like Hearthstones and mage portals
    Yeah in reality I don't know. It was just a joke. Well somehow it worked so there has to be an answer.