Page 5 of 374 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    They said they wouldn't compete until the tier after Tomb (not the next expansion). Then they changed their hours to be day raiding 1st week of Mythic and 1st day of Heroic (lol) for Tomb. So they're definitely trying.

Also, looks like they started raiding 1-2 hours ago (they have 3 kills) so we'll see how quickly they clear Heroic.
    I mean if you day raid at all you're definitely trying for something. Day raiding for less than top 10 and being beaten by evening only guilds isn't fun, trust me been there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    They said they wouldn't compete until the tier after Tomb (not the next expansion). Then they changed their hours to be day raiding 1st week of Mythic and 1st day of Heroic (lol) for Tomb. So they're definitely trying.

Also, looks like they started raiding 1-2 hours ago (they have 3 kills) so we'll see how quickly they clear Heroic.
    Ah yeah I at least knew their statement was about not trying in Tomb but I projected too far out.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...uges-old-gmrl/

I am posting this recruitment message here, as I know even a mediocre Wildstar player is potentially on par with top tier WoW players.
    topkek

Why are they determined to make a meme out of themselves?

Deleted
    A new enemy in the top end bracket. be aware, method and exorsus!

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    As much as I love to see new blood, it takes a burning passion for the game to raid at the level they are aiming for and very few people will stick to it, the existing top scene is a proof of that. I don't think they will last more than 1 week, they will probably be scraping rock bottom before they even reach their goal of raiding 16 hours for the first 5 days.

There was another guild that came from another game, the long standing world first guild in RIFT, which played under the name Apotheosys (Draenor-EU) in WoW. They came shortly before Legion, had a promising start at the end of HFC farm, clearing it rather quickly and preparing for Legion. Well, let's just say that they did get a heroic Xavius kill. I cheered for them, but I suppose the passion just wasn't there for this game.

I'm not even sure Invective has a full raiding team ready to take on what they set out to do. The next few days will tell.
    Apotheosys had nothing promising at all in WoW, and they were all pretty garbage in Rift too. They were "world first" long after nearly everyone who was good had stopped playing. They came over and acted like they were going to hit world top 5 easily and we laughed at them. They went into HFC and wiped more on bosses than nearly anyone at world 1000 did with +15 ilvls and legendary rings. Nobody in their raid was doing even remotely close to good damage, not even in heroic. And even if you give them the benefit of the doubt and say "oh maybe they're great at mechanics" -- no they wiped more than shitty guilds with horrible players. They took ages to finish 13/13 and wiped so many times on Archimonde even though they were skipping doomfire, and the whole time they acted like hot shit. Then they couldn't kill Cenarius in EN. It's not like they got to him fast either, they were world 1042 killing Il'gynoth.

They were never good and they were unbelievably arrogant. Just like Invective. I was around when good players were pushing Wildstar content, and they all quit long long ago. There weren't really any other good players aside from the few good people in the top guilds carrying everyone else. Most guilds couldn't even do the trivial content in that game, like Towelliee came over and his guild had so much trouble on X-89 that he just whined and cried on his stream. Everyone I know who was actually good in Wildstar or Rift has been good in WoW too, it's just that once these games are dead and nobody is playing them, being "top" means nothing. Hell, a guy a played with in WildStar is still playing in Easy right now, he was always good.

Invective won't even be US 10, and I'll laugh at them just like I laughed at Apotheosys.

If you want to see some hardcore cringe, read this: https://web.archive.org/web/20161002...apotheosys.eu/

And to back up what I said:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-06-20 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    Why are they determined to make a meme out of themselves?
    Because it gets them notoriety and recruitment. They have the best recruitment you've ever seen for a US nobody guild.

At least they're giving something for people to talk about.

Maybe they'll do well, maybe they'll crash and burn. Either way, this thread gains from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    At least they're giving something for people to talk about.

Maybe they'll do well, maybe they'll crash and burn. Either way, this thread gains from it.
    This thread gains from it? Its vice versa. They got their publicity and advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Apotheosys had nothing promising at all in WoW, and they were all pretty garbage in Rift too. They were "world first" long after nearly everyone who was good had stopped playing. They came over and acted like they were going to hit world top 5 easily and we laughed at them. They went into HFC and wiped more on bosses than nearly anyone at world 1000 did with +15 ilvls and legendary rings. Nobody in their raid was doing even remotely close to good damage, not even in heroic. And even if you give them the benefit of the doubt and say "oh maybe they're great at mechanics" -- no they wiped more than shitty guilds with horrible players. They took ages to finish 13/13 and wiped so many times on Archimonde even though they were skipping doomfire, and the whole time they acted like hot shit. Then they couldn't kill Cenarius in EN. It's not like they got to him fast either, they were world 1042 killing Il'gynoth.

They were never good and they were unbelievably arrogant. Just like Invective. I was around when good players were pushing Wildstar content, and they all quit long long ago. There weren't really any other good players aside from the few good people in the top guilds carrying everyone else. Most guilds couldn't even do the trivial content in that game, like Towelliee came over and his guild had so much trouble on X-89 that he just whined and cried on his stream. Everyone I know who was actually good in Wildstar or Rift has been good in WoW too, it's just that once these games are dead and nobody is playing them, being "top" means nothing. Hell, a guy a played with in WildStar is still playing in Easy right now, he was always good.

Invective won't even be US 10, and I'll laugh at them just like I laughed at Apotheosys.

If you want to see some hardcore cringe, read this: https://web.archive.org/web/20161002...apotheosys.eu/

And to back up what I said:
    I've hopped around other MMOs quite a bit, and something that has been universal in my experience is that every community claims that their game has the hardest raiding. Got into FF14 recently, and that community also thinks that their game has the hardest most impossiblest raiding to ever be raided.

Something all of these games have had in common, that mythic raiding in wow breaks from, is there's very little unavoidable damage that will just straight up kill you. Usually avoidable damage is highly predictable, you take the damage and then you heal it up. That's how FF14 is, and that's what Wildstar looked like from the videos I've seen. In wow though, when unavoidable damage is predictable, it, by nature, cannot simply be healed up. You need proper synergy between raid CDs, SLT, Aura Mastery, personals, or a massive amount of healing between ticks. The Krosus orb pitch orb comes to mind. It's not one big hit, rest period where you heal up. It's big hit, more big hits, another big hit, and a ton of potential for avoidable damage to be taken at the same time.

Really, healers in wow are OP, and in mythic the game is clearly balanced around that. That is the thing that sets wow apart imo. Its healing gameplay is on a different level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorreve View Post
    This thread gains from it? Its vice versa. They got their publicity and advertising.
    It's another talking point.

So yes, it gains from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Something all of these games have had in common, that mythic raiding in wow breaks from, is there's very little unavoidable damage that will just straight up kill you. Usually avoidable damage is highly predictable, you take the damage and then you heal it up. That's how FF14 is, and that's what Wildstar looked like from the videos I've seen. In wow though, when unavoidable damage is predictable, it, by nature, cannot simply be healed up. You need proper synergy between raid CDs, SLT, Aura Mastery, personals, or a massive amount of healing between ticks. The Krosus orb pitch orb comes to mind. It's not one big hit, rest period where you heal up. It's big hit, more big hits, another big hit, and a ton of potential for avoidable damage to be taken at the same time.
    Rift had a lot of that. There was a fight we downed in just over 2 days WF that required you to split your raid into 3 groups due to space concerns (far out of healing range) and then heal up over 300% of fatal damage to the entire raid in a few seconds, which meant no raid wide CD heals hitting 20 people, you had to have enough healing to get ~7 on each platform, and there was a moment where players were hit by ~120% of their HP in about 2 seconds that had to be healed through. It was done through timing, or if you were an EU player like Apotheosys who had the devs tell them during testing there was a hidden damage buff in the fight, stacking Purifiers (WoD-style disc priest putting giant absorb shields on everyone) which would've made the enrage impossible to beat without the hidden mechanic. And shortly after that you grouped back up and had to heal through 700-800% fatal damage in around 20 seconds.

There was also a fight that most guilds couldn't kill where your tanks would be taking 60% of their HP per second in ticking damage that required a rotation of mits and large single-target CDs to deal with, and we killed it with 1 tank (meta was 2 or 3) which meant he sometime had 2-3 stacks of this, causing fatal damage per tick.

In WildStar if you could avoid the damage, it was probably going to kill you, but there were definitely a lot of fights that were healing intensive. Some of the problems that the game had back in those days was that smart heals were required to push content, and some heals weren't smart. So if you had 10 people standing together and 1 guy was low because he got a DoT or something, you couldn't heal him, so in reality if you were taking damage you needed to position yourself so heals would hit you. That wasn't an issue with smart heals, which trivialized that problem. IMO having positioning be important for healing would've added another dimension of play, and they should've just removed smart heals. I just remember the game had too many massive design flaws to be enjoyable, and the devs were incompetent (as tends to be the case) and kept buffing fights after they were killed because DS was supposed to be a 6+ month instance and they had no plans for more content.

There are definitely challenges in raiding in other games, it's just the devs will eventually water them down if people can't do them. We didn't get babied by the devs because they even in some cases intended content to be impossible, but when enough people leave you see things like 50% nerfs across the board or like Wildstar where everyone's damage is 400% of what it was back when content was hard. I'm just aware that both of these games saw substantial difficulty reductions after most good players left, and so I'll laugh every time someone who was the "top" in a long since dead post-nuclear-nerfs game comes here and insists they're going to get some good rank even with day raiding.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-06-21 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nurfed 9/9HC
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

gg blizzard giving EU advantage by giving them 2 heroic tos resets

Deleted
    Yeah and they still dotn get wf. EU raiding = dead

Wow, there are a ton of US raiding guilds, I thought raiding in the US was dead..

Its only dead when it comes to a high end raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Wow, there are a ton of US raiding guilds, I thought raiding in the US was dead..
    It's still much less guilds raiding than EU though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It is dead. In Mythic there will hardly be 1 US guild on the first page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whohooo its that time again when Method fanboys will get upset and cry for losing the race.