Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Performance? No.

But of course performance and quality aren't the same thing. Do you think people saw Age of Extinction because they heard it was "amazing" by word of mouth?
    No, they saw it because they wanted to watch giant robots hitting each other over some flimsy pretext and for some of those robots to be dinosaurs, and it delivered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    No, they saw it because they wanted to watch giant robots hitting each other over some flimsy pretext and for some of those robots to be dinosaurs, and it delivered.
    And yet people are still sighing and shaking their heads that they made another transformers movie. Like I said. It's like people expect them to be bad, don't like that they're bad, and yet continue to see them.

You can make good movies with massive spectacle. Like Fury Road. And you can make silly giant Robot Movies, like Pacific Rim, that know they're silly giant robot movies and aren't drenched in pretentiousness.

Transformers does neither, and people aren't asking it to. Which unfortunately denigrates other movies (especially sequel franchises) around it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Every time I am reminded about the core plot points of this move, my brain just tries to crawl out of my skull in a vain effort to avoid the stupid.

I mean, really hollywood? Really? You have an entire franchise based around Gigantic Transforming Robots from another planet, and the most creative thing you can come up with is to go full on retard with the whole "Order of Knights" thing and decide to tie it directly into goddamned Arthurian Legend? Complete with Markey Mark waving fucking Excalibur around?

Why. Just fucking why........

(for that matter, what the hell did they "transform" into in the middle ages? Catapults? Seige Engines? Very fancy Wagons? I mean, wtf....)
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-06-20 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Every time I am reminded about the core plot points of this move, my brain just tries to crawl out of my skull in a vain effort to avoid the stupid.

I mean, really hollywood? Really? You have an entire franchise based around Gigantic Transforming Robots from another planet, and the most creative thing you can come up with is to go full on retard with the whole "Order of Knights" thing and decide to tie it directly into goddamned Arthurian Legend? Complete with Markey Mark waving fucking Excalibur around?

Why. Just fucking why........
    Because they knew people would see it regardless of whether it was good or not.

Why try when you don't have to? Why try when no one expects it of you?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Or you could see classics with ur kid, like indiana jones or something..
    I don't enjoy many 'classics'
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

People over exaggerate how terrible the transformer films are just like they did with the new Ghostbusters. Sure they aren't masterpieces but they aren't garbage either. They are just ok.

You wanna see trash watch something like: Dark Moon Rising, I thought it was just a really shitty fanfiction Larp they cgi-ed over until I saw Eric Roberts in it.

Deleted
    Well reviews are out and yes it is a bumbling mess plot wise, but according to critics its mindless fun & the big question I wanted to know, the 3D is actually good!.

Director Michael Bay, Hollywood's king of blowing stuff up, truly raises his action game. Shot with IMAX 3D cameras, the technical brilliance of The Last Knight cannot be understated. It is incredible to see.
    I'm seeing a midnight IMAX showing and I for one am going to enjoy two hours of pure destruction and goofyness and hopefully enjoy 3D for the first time in a cinema since forever.
    Last edited by mmocae040fe99f; 2017-06-21 at 12:26 AM.

Can a mod change the title to just [MOVIE] Transformers: The Last Knight

- - - Updated - - -

Some of these reviews on Rotten Tomatoes..

Top Critic
    Stephen Whitty
    Newark Star-Ledger June 20, 2017
    Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop.
    Full Review | Original Score: 1.5/4
    Wtf? How is that a review?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

One of this franchise's strengths is that it manages to balance high-stakes action and explosions with gusts of humor. The rescue of Earth and mankind comes with jokes and treats for all audiences to enjoy.

What do you guys think of that "Transformer" dying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Micheal Bay's Personal Masturbation Tool 5: THE EXPLOSIONING
    Now with more explosions, AND Mark Wahlberg!

Saw it. Loved it. Worth the full ticket price just for the WWII scene - Nolan's Dunkirk is going to have to knock it out of the park to claim the title of most memorable WWII movie of the year over Transformers.

Oh, btw the Dunkirk trailers are obnoxious. They did this thing in my cinema where they showed like 10 "mini-snippet" trailers for Dunkirk in between the other ads. So goddamned annoying, it's like we know already.

Last edited by ramjb; 2017-06-22 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Saw it. Loved it. Worth the full ticket price just for the WWII scene - Nolan's Dunkirk is going to have to knock it out of the park to claim the title of most memorable WWII movie of the year over Transformers.

Oh, btw the Dunkirk trailers are obnoxious. They did this thing in my cinema where they showed like 10 "mini-snippet" trailers for Dunkirk in between the other ads. So goddamned annoying, it's like we know already.

Bumblebee's new movie is going to be based on WW2

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Some parents do, but some kids just aren't interested. I try with mine, but they just complain about it looking "old" and lose interest. Meh.

- - - Updated - - -

IMDb will likely have the content advisory up when the movie goes into theaters. I'd read that before taking your 5 year old to it.
    Thanks, will check that out only reason I was asking early was because her inset day is on the day of release. so pre all that stuff! opted not to take her just to be safe.

and I agree with you in regards to classics, quite often the classics are classics.. in our mind? like, If I go back and watch something I would have considered amazing back in the day, such as Universal Soldier (Hardly cinema magic I know, but I still LOVED it.) and it is now dated and awful. these things rarely translate to a newer generation when technology has advanced SO far.

In its day, Independence day was one of the best if not only movies to have the whole blue light destroying things thing going for it.. now its on every bloody alien movie! so if my kid ever watches the original independence day, there is no WAY it will have the same impact.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Saw the first one. Thought it's all right but have deliberately avoided the others as I'm not a fan of quick cuts. I want to see what's happening. Plus, it's not like the transformers cartoons from the 80s and that annoyed me more than anything - I hate it when updating for a new audience means pretty much trashing all the previous history. Transformers the movie (the animated one) has better acting and characters you care about and I'd much rather watch it than these ones. The live films not so much. I'm a big sci-fi fan (and try to see any that come out) and have quite a lot on DVD (going way back) including some (considered) bad ones, Battlefield Earth for example, but it was still more enjoyable than the first transformers movie.

As to reviews. Looking forward to Mark Kermodes, but then again, I've seen him bash his head of a laptop before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Thanks, will check that out only reason I was asking early was because her inset day is on the day of release. so pre all that stuff! opted not to take her just to be safe.
    The BBFC (the British classification board) go into detail on their ratings and why. Last Knight was passed uncut but has a 12A (That's under 12s need an adult with them)

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/trans...-filmtrailer-0

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    Good, my childhood has suffered enough with these atrocities that Micheal Bay has inflicted upon it.
    Now give me a proper reboot without a director who's philosophy is "Pew-Pew Boom"
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Sorry. Transformers 6 is still planned for 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    Dear god let it be the last one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm a bit torn on this. Michael Bay is great at shot composition and action choreography which should translate well to 3D, but (in my opinion) you also need to show some restraint which is not his strong suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    I'll be sure to get the torrent to see dinobots, but no waii im giving money to michael bay..so many people died in 2016, why not him?..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    But Bay is a horrible director and the writers made Prime into a blood thirsty self promoting hypocritical monster.
    Well, you guys will be glad to know that this is Michael Bay's last transformer movie. While they have more slated, they won't be done by Bay. So I'm wondering if they'll reboot it since they want to do a Hasbro universe with Transformers, GI Joe, etc and have them all mashup.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see the Transformers go away for a while and come back as something a lot closer to the Sunbow/Marvel Productions cartoon that I loved so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I'd like to see the Transformers go away for a while and come back as something a lot closer to the Sunbow/Marvel Productions cartoon that I loved so much...
    Poorly animated, inconsistent and with story-lines that verge on the utterly ridiculous?

It looks better than the other transformer movies but i hate the transformers and all their movies anyways. I don't care to go see it even if it was free.

- - - Updated - - -