Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Except it isn't about humanity and compassion. It's about trying to make others look foolish when they are only making themselves look foolish with this ridiculously dumb and unneeded video.
    I'm completely unable to understand how you could derive this from that video. Why does it make you feel like that? It's not insulting in the slightest. It doesn't offend at all. It shows humanity and compassion in people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    so they're migrants which makes me care even less. good to know.
    1) they get treated like refugees which they shouldn't
    2) The person I quoted claimed the OP needed to read the definition and yet people much larger than the OP need to read it first.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    you seem upset that no one agrees with you
    but my opinion! Eeeeeeh!

yes how dare they imply that refugees are actual humans

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I'm completely unable to understand how you could derive this from that video. Why does it make you feel like that? It's not insulting in the slightest. It doesn't offend at all. It shows humanity and compassion in people.
    There are people who somehow think there's a "war" against immigrants and Muslims and this is their way to reinforce said "war" is out there because they "had to make this video to show emotion".

Idk has Canada and Germany/Sweden etc? A good chunk of the supposed refugees aren't even from war torn places.
    This 1000000 times!

The point was most of the refugees are NOT refugees and just people who wanted to move. Also a lot of the "problems" that make people come illegally to the US can be solved without coming to the US and I'm sure you'd include those in refugee status. Having an abusive husband in Bolivia isn't a reason to come to the US illegally nor make you a refugee. I'd also say the people in Venezuela made their beds so they really aren't refugees. So please tell me what makes you a refugee that you should flee a country?
    People seems to not see difference between fake refugee (illegal immigrant) and real ones (or legal imigrant).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

You seem upset that no one agrees with you
    Except he isn't. You guys are the ones that are upset if he supposedly is because you seem more riled up.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    It is not about getting involved in their wars, it is about helping people in need WHERE THEY NEED IT!
    Aren't we? What else do you suggest we do?

There are people who somehow think there's a "war" against immigrants and Muslims and this is their way to reinforce said "war" is out there because they "had to make this video to show emotion".
    Well, it's pretty clear that there is a growing anger towards immigrants and refugees. Look at the constant threads about how terrible they are, and how they won't assimilate the way someone wants them to.

1) they get treated like refugees which they shouldn't
    2) The person I quoted claimed the OP needed to read the definition and yet people much larger than the OP need to read it first.
    oh so I need to look up the definition for refugee* guuud 2 no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except he isn't. You guys are the ones that are upset if he supposedly is because you seem more riled up.
    I'm not one of "you guys", I'm just passing through and laughing at what I'm observing - that the OP seems to be upset because he's not getting the reaction he expected.

I find that quite funny, especially considering how easy this forum community is to read.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, it's pretty clear that there is a growing anger towards immigrants and refugees. Look at the constant threads about how terrible they are, and how they won't assimilate the way someone wants them to.
    And yet, sadly, Americans are still move receptive to Syrian refugees than Jewish refugees in the 30s and 40s.

This isn't really anything new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're reading into something that isn't there. I wish I could talk to you with my voice and let you see my face, and you'd see how completely flat my expression is and how calm my voice would be. So please, don't project emotions onto me which I'm not showing or expressing. Simply disagreeing with you doesn't make me upset. But this is how it's used when someone says that, because it's never meant to be logical or reasonable. It's just a "NU-UH! YOU ARE!" kind of response.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2017-06-21 at 12:51 AM.

ha, look at the dislikes.

i think we should accept some of the syrians. that's the only refugees i'm ok with accepting.

and even those should be split well apart from each other once they're here. don't let them be insular and form their own communities. they must integrate, or they should have to leave.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think this video is without motivation when there's clearly people like the OP who find the notion of humanizing refugees to be this offensive? You can't be this naive. You know better if you've ever followed any kind of forum or media, that immigration is the hottest issue today.

OP seems to be upset because he's not getting the reaction he expected.
    Projecting much? I'm upset because people do not understand economics, and how we could help people in Syria, since it would be cheaper and more effective (old/disabled people are still there they suffer and no one cares since able bodied men came here and everyone loves them).

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ha, look at the dislikes.

i think we should accept some of the syrians. that's the only refugees i'm ok with accepting.

and even those should be split well apart from each other once they're here. don't let them be insular and form their own communities. they must integrate, or they should have to leave.
    "Making" them integrate will not work, and it would be imo a harassment. Much better and easier way to help them would be to send money or even go there as volunteer. We could help people that really need help since most of them are not able to go anywhere.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-21 at 12:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Projecting much? I'm upset because people do not understand economics, and how we could help people in Syria, since it would be cheaper and more effective (old/disabled people are still there they suffer and no one cares since able bodied men came here and everyone loves them).
    Nope, not projecting. Even here you seem upset.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    It actually wouldn't be 'cheaper and more effective', by virtue of the fact that you would have to build infrastructure in Syria from scratch versus using the existing systems and simply scaling them up to meet demand. There's also a tricky neo-imperialist argument surrounding nation building these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've asked you to show me the economical problem, in case you missed it. You'll need to support your statement about this being an economical problem, ontop of supporting your statement that foreign aid or whatever other means you've yet to clarify to me could cost. And let's have it be verifiable sources, preferably multiple ones.

I hope I'm not coming across as sarcastic or snarky. I'm sincere with this.

I think most liberals wouldn't consider this propaganda in he same way scientologists wouldn't consider their shit propaganda either lol.