Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It has never crossed my mind that people do that when sharing one table, but this is probably the biggest nonissue I've seen someone on this forum get outraged by.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    It has never crossed my mind that people do this, but this is probably the biggest nonissue I've seen someone on this forum get upset about.
    Obviously never saw Orlong's other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Obviously never saw Orlong's other threads.
    I've not had the pleasure before now, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obligatory reminder that Orlong himself has said his whole spiel is for funsies
    OT: People that love each other sit next to another sometimes, d'awwwww!

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I've not had the pleasure before now, yes.
    His entire act is pretty funny, he gets a lot of people riled up to. He's admitted it's just an act though and you can see him posting out of character where he actually makes sense.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    So I went to a nice restaurant tonight and had to shake my head. Here there 2 idiots sitting on the same side of the table and nobody on the other side. Why would people do this? First of all, it looks stupid. Secondly, they cant talk to each other while looking in each others faces. And it wasnt like there was a TV to watch on the wall or something where only one could see it if they sat across from each other. People who sit on the same side of the table are total idiots in my opinion and should be forced to sit across from each other. Does this outrage anyone else?
    All I could think of was "Next up on Peter's "Grind My Gears" segment".

On topic, personally if that's what they want to do then so be it. Who are we to force people to do things like this if they didn't want to. I mean we could all compile a list of what we think people should be forced to do, but ultimately it'd just be dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    His entire act is pretty funny, he gets a lot of people riled up to. He's admitted it's just an act though and you can see him posting out of character where he actually makes sense.
    If some one is putting a douchebag act on regularly, whether on forums or IRL is pretty much what I consider to be a bit a of a douchebag. Claiming to be an idiot for fun doesn't omit you from being an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quidamtyra View Post
    it's sad that this "outrages" you. mind your own god damn business and don't worry what other people are doing when it doesn't effect you in the slightest.
    But it DOES affect me. It sets off my OCD because its asymmetrical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    How else would I get a dose of sweet nothings whispered in my ear? Or show her pictures of cats on my phone? Duh.
    Restaurants are for eating, not making out or whispering dirty talk. Also you can turn your phone around to show pictures

Their OCD wanted to shit-talk about you while they watched you have all-you-can-eat quadruple cheeseburgers. No joke!

- - - Updated - - -

Restaurants are for eating, not making out or whispering dirty talk. Also you can turn your phone around to show pictures
    Can't secretly record you whilst shit talking!

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Do you also get upset when two people sit side by side on a public transport then? Whatever they know each other or not.

So I went to a nice restaurant tonight and had to shake my head. Here there 2 idiots sitting on the same side of the table and nobody on the other side. Why would people do this? First of all, it looks stupid. Secondly, they cant talk to each other while looking in each others faces. And it wasnt like there was a TV to watch on the wall or something where only one could see it if they sat across from each other. People who sit on the same side of the table are total idiots in my opinion and should be forced to sit across from each other. Does this outrage anyone else?
    You never been in a relationship have you?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Right, are you talking actual OCD or 'OCD' as in 'like omg, it's not aligned right I totally have OCD!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Right, are you talking actual OCD or 'OCD' as in 'like omg, it's not aligned right I totally have OCD!'
    Either way it doesn't matter, because it's nobody else's problem.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You claim this in every thread, yet have refused to link proof. I have NEVER said that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You sit together on the couch or in a movie theater. NOT in a restaurant

10+ Year Old Account
    You sit together on the couch or in a movie theater. NOT in a restaurant
    It's easier to make out with my boyfriend if we're on the same side of the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I'm sure they did it for no other reason then to piss you off personally Orlong, or I at least that's my hope. my only regret is I wan't there to see your "outrage" first hand.

Maybe sitting across from each other sets off their OCD?

Restaurants are for eating, not making out or whispering dirty talk.
    Also not for spying on what people at other tables are doing. Eyes on your own work.

Also you can turn your phone around to show pictures
    But you can't look at those pictures together if you're on opposite sides of the table.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, you're going to have to get over it. You're out in public and people don't need to help you with your OCD issues.
    Perhaps restaurants could provide mannequins to place on the opposite side of the table so others with OCD arent affected

Were they both sitting on the side with their backs to the wall? Maybe they were really gun fighters and not taking any chances. In any case, how people sit isn't high on my list of annoyances at a restaurant.