Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Your attempt at comically dismissing this tells me you're incapable of supporting your previous statements.
    You are really making me uncomfortable right now. I have real phobia of numbers, I always had, I cannot even get around idea of big numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Well I guess then I just linked to propaganda video. True Syrians should be dirty in rags right?

- - - Updated - - -

Well I guess this is argument in favor of we being able to help them there.
    How in the world is that in regards to ANYTHING I said? You're REALLY making things up now and putting a lot of words in my mouth that I've not even implied. I didn't comment on her looks. I didn't say she's wrong. In fact, why am I even having to explain this to you again? What I wrote should be crystal clear.

You've so far failed to maintain any argument. YOu just refute points over and over without basis or support and now you seem intent on trying to dismiss it completely. It also seems like you're projecting things onto me that I've got nothing to do with.

- - - Updated - - -

You are really making me uncomfortable right now. I have real phobia of numbers, I always had, I cannot even get around idea of big numbers.
    Well now I know you're lying and not serious. But it's nice that you've thrown away the pretense and facade. Good night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they're right. Refugees are not terrorists.

Allowing refugees increases the risk of terrorists getting in, but to antagonize the vast majority of people - desperate for peace - seeking asylum is a little bit close minded, no?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

How in the world is that in regards to ANYTHING I said? You're REALLY making things up now and putting a lot of words in my mouth that I've not even implied. I didn't comment on her looks. I didn't say she's wrong. In fact, why am I even having to explain this to you again? What I wrote should be crystal clear.
    Well it isn't. It seems you are just downplaying my argument about how people are usually attached to their country and they rather say and fight for own freedom. Also most Syrian refugees photos I saw, show young man, which probably imply that women there are more proud and honorable, because they stay there and fight ISIS.

- - - Updated - - -

Well now I know you're lying and not serious. But it's nice that you've thrown away the pretense and facade. Good night.
    Meganumerophobia is a thing.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Well they're right. Refugees are not terrorists.

Allowing refugees increases the risk of terrorists getting in, but to antagonize the vast majority of people - desperate for peace - seeking asylum is a little bit close minded, no?
    Unpopular opinion time.

Terrorism isn't really as big of an issue as everyone makes it out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Meganumerophobia is a thing.
    Didn't seem to stop you mentioning numbers in the OP. So numbers don't scare you when making claims, but they do scare you when you need to use them to back up your claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Didn't seem to stop you mentioning numbers in the OP. So numbers don't scare you when making claims, but they do scare you when you need to use them to back up your claims.
    No, they just scare me when they are big and there is many of them. Like statistics people keep asking me about. But you are welcome to post whatever you find.

This video: 50% children, 40% women, 10% men
    Reality: 90% men, 5% children, 5% women

But ya its not propaganda or trying to push an agenda at all /s

15+ Year Old Account
    I could live with allowing all people seeking refuge from war to apply for room to live once they reach a safe haven, preferably as close to where they used to live so that they can help rebuild their country once the danger has gone away. Is that so weird? If it takes too long for the danger go away, they could stay as a permanent citizen if they are willing to adapt to their host's values and not be hostile towards the "native" culture.

What I don't support is the current mass industry of dumping mostly economic refugees in rubber dinghies just off the coast where they'll be picked up by one of the rescue ships. Smugglers are all too keen to take advantage of this. It's gone so far now that people are actually gambling on the support boats to pick them up, because those dinghies are death traps that couldn't cross a river. Once they reach the mainland of Europe, which is already a safe haven for 99.5%, they still choose to travel on towards richer countries. Be glad you reached somewhere safe instead of trying to exploit the european system for economic gain.

As for the terrorism part, screening should definitely be improved, but I'd say the most dangerous ones atm are the homebrew radicalists, often converts.

Not sure why Youtube feels the need to mix into this debate or who paid for the video. George Soros?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Unpopular opinion time.

It's not, it's the fanfare around it. It's unexpected and makes you feel vulnerable. It makes you feel relatable with the victims and so it creates terror. Hence the word terrorism.

Just like taking a plane is not dangerous. It's less dangerous than taking a car by far, but you'll see way more people afraid of planes than cars. It's because you're vulnerable and the event is unexpected. Again, it makes you feel relatable - what if it was me? - or something along the lines of "oh god he must've suffered so much".

Add to this the fact that some people are afraid of a literal takeover (which cannot reasonably happen ever in a modern society) and you've got a social issue on your hands.

Although I have to give the point that I wouldn't like living in France and UKs right now.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    How is that propaganda?
    Anything that is pro-refugee is obviously propaganda in this guys' eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    This video: 50% children, 40% women, 10% men
    Reality: 90% men, 5% children, 5% women

But ya its not propaganda or trying to push an agenda at all /s
    This is why I have problem with this video. Also can someone enlighten me about this girl from Uganda? Isn't it looks like they are helping them there?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Unpopular opinion time.

Hm, torn. On one hand the statistics are with the people, the chance you die in a terrorist attack is still extremely small. On the other hand I (EU, Netherlands) definitely feel more vulnerable when attending a large event these days, and I can see the security at these events has increased tenfold aswell. That occasionally leads to longer queues/bag controls/etc. which is a minor discomfort. On some level, I could claim that terrorism has indeed impacted my life. It won't stop me from attending any events, but it's definitely a cause for concern, irrational though it might be.

I'm sad to see that these attacks are actually having an impact. Is this the European equivalent to 9/11?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Anything that is pro-refugee is obviously propaganda in this guys' eyes.
    End of video shows this

Around the world, over 65 million people have been forced from their homes.
    It is horribile, but it do not mean that we should take all of those 65 million people to Europe, and it seems this is what this video is hinting about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm sad to see that these attacks are actually having an impact. Is this the European equivalent to 9/11?
    Well I was sad as well when USA started war with Iraq after 9/11. I think this is reason why terrorism is so widespread right now. Why they didn't worked with Iraq gov to capture Al-Qaeda folks instead?

The video has 65k likes and 167k dislikes. I'd say that's about right.

Well it looks like someone paid google even more so they continue with their propaganda (just after #powertodecide propaganda video). If people are willing to spend money on people that need them so be it, but how about we all just send those money to countries where those people need them instead importing them like there is nothing more important!? Well at least it looks like people around the world do not buy to this video (while I was typing this post video had ~150k dislikes to ~60k likes). Don't buy into cheap lies friends!
    1. You ARE aware that "propaganda" has a specific definition other than "arguments I don't like", right?
    2. Why are you trying to censor YouTube? That sounds like political correctness to me.
    3. What is your factual basis for saying anything in this video is false?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    That...angry pre-pubescents don't really have any good arguments and just want to yell at people on the internet?

- - - Updated - - -

End of video shows this

It is horribile, but it do not mean that we should take all of those 65 million people to Europe, and it seems this is what this video is hinting about.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I was sad as well when USA started war with Iraq after 9/11. I think this is reason why terrorism is so widespread right now. Why they didn't worked with Iraq gov to capture Al-Qaeda folks instead?
    Because right-wingers were so fucking afraid of the 3vil Mooslims, that they were fine with just kill any indiscriminately.

So...it was your fault.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care that much about the video. I mean, it's a refugee organization talking about refugees, oh noes the dare!

But I think it's kinda sad that Youtube deleted many comments disagreeing with the video, even ones that weren't your typical troll/racist/pol comments. But hey, it's their plataform.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    3vil Mooslims
    Isn't it discrimination to spell 'muslim' like that? Or just trolling?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
    I don't really care that much about the video. I mean, it's a refugee organization talking about refugees, oh noes the dare!
    Well ofc they can talk about what they want, but I think you have to agree that people are entitled to be mad because it is not first time someone want to paint every refugee as saint.

BTW I just read video's description:

Featured creators:
    The Young Turks: www.youtube.com/theyoungturks
    well nothing speaks louder about 'freedom and equality' than people that deny (or condone) genocide by using "Young Turks" as name.

http://www.armenian-genocide.org/young_turks.html

Youtube has some magic tools they pull out on occasion to rectify such things. It's certainly a database error.

Well it looks like someone paid google even more so they continue with their propaganda (just after #powertodecide propaganda video).
    This is the evil leftist propaganda organisation in question:

The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution or natural disaster. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities where it resettles refugees and helps them become self-sufficient. The President of the International Rescue Committee is former British Foreign Secretary David Miliband.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...scue_Committee

Stay classy.

- - - Updated - - -

Top rated comment:

(((Kiketube))) STOP DELETING COMMENTS. WE MUST SECURE A FUTURE FOR OUR WHITE CHILDREN
    365 upvotes ROFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.