Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Didn't the exact same post get made after every raid tier since Wrath.

Not only is the playerbase more efficient and knowledgeable than it was, the multiple difficulties account for alot. Normal is not hard to many. Stop getting your knickers in a twist, your experience is your own, unless you've reached the pinnacle of your ability in the game, nothing makes a difference that someone else went ham the first day and trashed the easy mode.

Deleted
    He didn't die fast. Let me see your guild get the HC kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That was kinda deus ex machina and not a keystone that he had stolen. If he had stolen some fucking keystone legion would make another one and use them the same fucking way millions years ago. Literally any succubi would do that - get to azeroth with piece of stone, seduce a gnome, make a space ship, lob the stone into the space, ???, profit.
    Are you... kidding me? That's literally THE Sargerite keystone that the demon hunters go grab from Mardum in the beginning of the entire starting experience. He's had that thing since then... It opens a portal to any legion world. He used it to open a portal between the two worlds.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

But this doesn't make sense at all, if it was possible for us to, basically, reverse engineer their keystone and anchor it to Azeroth - how legion themselves who have more experience with this technology (read:magic) couldn't do that before? Why they had to use powerful magic sources "to get to azeroth", if there is a way to do it that easy?
    I guess an explanation for how Illidan can use it to open a portal to a non-Legion world would be that he's opened portals to Legion worlds without the Keystone before. In game, during the Dh starting experience, he opens a portal to Mardum and the surrounding lands to send his DH to retrieve the Keystone, but he's able to do it without it. Also, during his novel that released before the expac, he opens a portal to Nathreza, a large Legion world, by using the souls of departed Night Elf soldiers under Maiev and his ashtongue to open a portal, then closing it after, leading to the destruction of the planet. If this is how he opened the portal to Azeroth, then he used the Keystone as a catalyst/anchor to have enough power to do it without needing souls or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckslol View Post
    kiljaeden is only truely defeated when the lfr version is dead without stacks of determination..
    topkek

/10char

As for my gripe, I don't remember other expansions having raids that were cleared in 4 hours after release. Back in my day, you had to gear up the raid somewhat to get to the final boss. While this took ages and I would not like a full return to that, being able to do final boss on yes, even normal mode, is silly. Some additional gearing should be needed for that, so some boss farming for a raid week or 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    As for my gripe, I don't remember other expansions having raids that were cleared in 4 hours after release.
    Most of the other expansions had content gating that artificially extended the life of the raid. However, every time an end boss became available, it died that day.
    Arthas, Deathwing, Lei Shen, Garrosh, etc.

Back in my day, you had to gear up the raid somewhat to get to the final boss.
    Also, "back in your day" (whenever the fuck that is supposed to be), there weren't four difficulty settings for the raid.
    Today's Normal mode has no analogue prior to Warlords.

While this took ages and I would not like a full return to that, being able to do final boss on yes, even normal mode, is silly. Some additional gearing should be needed for that, so some boss farming for a raid week or 3.
    What "additional gearing" are you talking about?
    Are you really suggesting that people with ilvl 920+ gear should have to farm ilvl 900 gear for "a week or 3" to be able to beat a boss that is tuned for people who are at or around ilvl 900?

You make no sense.

If the best guilds in the world couldn't get a zero day kill on a Normal-mode boss, then 99% of the playerbase would never be able to kill him. On Normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    god forbid there is a story that is told. That takes place in game and as well a book, that explains the item he used and what the item does. The outrage!!!!
    nothing is going with my headcanons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baz View Post
    People being salty over a normal kill ... really ? when was that an "achivement"
    2007? maybe?

Why does this thread always happen when a normal boss dies? Do you people actually think normal is supposed to be a challenge for 90% of raiders?

So - KJ has already been Nurfed.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rant threads leave little for constructive discussion. The fact that this is normal mode raiding just adds to the problem.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."