Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Except Kil'jaeden has been a demon for 25,000 years at this point, you'd expect being an agent of chaos for that long he hardly cares about expressing his feelings anymore.
    Come on, Kil'jaeden always was like this. He hunted down the Draenei because his feelings, he made Ner'zhul the Lich King because his feelings, he turned Illidan his agent because his feelings.

Should've meme-ported them to that hill in NW Azsuna where warriors kept showing up from skyhold.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Should've meme-ported them to that hill in NW Azsuna where warriors kept showing up from skyhold.
    maybe that's why they ported to aszuna at all? a meme reference.

why else would they teleport into the random ass middle of aszuna?

Originally Posted by Velen
    Can Argus be saved, or must it be sacrificed to stop Sargeras?
    Velen's words after the cinematic just reinforce my belief that we'll be sacrificing Argus to stop Sargeras.

I've stated it from the beginning. We'll be destroying Sargeras' Titan form by blowing up Argus like a Fel Grenade.

Argus is the heart of his operation. Once we wreck shit, it's only logic for him to show up to stop him. Argus is vital to him.
    But not to us. Blowing it up in Sargeras' face is exactly the sort of grand scheme Illidan would think of, and has the know-how to do.

Sargeras' spirit would no doubt survive in one way or another. This is WoW, and his powers of possessing stuff is well established. But it would be a huge and satisfying blow.
    Besides, I like Sargeras much more as a cunning villain that has to use his brain, than one with a body that can destroy planets with his fists.

Edit: Come to think of it, perhaps Sargeras' would even send his soul to Azeroth upon his destruction. Certainly the closest world with suitable hosts, with that giant portal open. Hell, that could be Sargeras' whole plan, if Azeroth is his final obstacle, but he can't get here with his giant body. Either way, opens up hella options for future threats, even if we murder him.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-06-20 at 10:54 PM.

Okay, so we know how we'll access to Argus now: EXODAR, ALL ABOARD!
    But... How long the Sargeras keystone will keep the rift to the Twisting Neither opened?
    And what about the gate in the Tomb Of Sargeras?
    Soooooo manyyyyyyy questionnnnnnnnns now!

Quote Originally Posted by Peach774 View Post
    Sargeras can't be inside of argus. A titan is a specific planet. Azeroth can't switch to a different planet, and neither can sargeras. Sargeras's planet is sargeras and it can't be argus because; 1. Argus was cut in half by Sargeras. 2. Argus doesn't have a titan soul
    I mean... no it wasn't. First off, it hasn't been cleaved in half because it's obviously not exploded. Secondly, why the fuck would he go "Hmm this is a nice planet you have. Thank you for giving it to my Burning Legion and becoming my race of second in command and to thank you I'm going to FUCKING CUT YOUR PLANET IN HALF!"??????? Hello? And lastly: No shit Argus didn't have a titan soul, but Sargeras is a demon now and his soul was inside of the Fallen Avatar which then was inside of Medivh. I imagine he works just like any other demon and when his soul gets forcefully ejected from his body he might probably need to go make a new one. I don't very well think you can just take your soul out of your body and put it in a new one without that being who you are. So Sargeras-Medivh was slain and he needed to regenerate a new body. How does a titan generate a body in the first place? Right... world soul incubation inside of a planet. Seems fairly logical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I mean... no it wasn't. First off, it hasn't been cleaved in half because it's obviously not exploded. Secondly, why the fuck would he go "Hmm this is a nice planet you have. Thank you for giving it to my Burning Legion and becoming my race of second in command and to thank you I'm going to FUCKING CUT YOUR PLANET IN HALF!"??????? Hello? And lastly: No shit Argus didn't have a titan soul, but Sargeras is a demon now and his soul was inside of the Fallen Avatar which then was inside of Medivh. I imagine he works just like any other demon and when his soul gets forcefully ejected from his body he might probably need to go make a new one. I don't very well think you can just take your soul out of your body and put it in a new one without that being who you are. So Sargeras-Medivh was slain and he needed to regenerate a new body. How does a titan generate a body in the first place? Right... world soul incubation inside of a planet. Seems fairly logical to me.
    That's not quite how it works, though. An avatar carries but a portion of your will and essence. Sargeras controlling an avatar is similar to you controlling your WoW character. You control its actions, and it's an extension of you, but it isn't the full real you. Has its pros and cons. Means Sargeras can act across the cosmos, while not really risking his real self. But also results in less power. True Sargeras would have had no problem forcing his will on anyone. But the sliver of Sargeras possessing Medivh and his mother wasn't enough to do more than darken her thoughts, and control him some of the time, even though it was with him since birth.

We have no indication that Sargeras' Titan body currently is anything but alive and well.

Illidan ninja pulled an entire planet

The only reason Illidan did what he did is because he didn't read the Vengeance DH changelog.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    maybe that's why they ported to aszuna at all? a meme reference.

why else would they teleport into the random ass middle of aszuna?
    you never know! from the cinematic it looks like the ruins where brogozog spawns. high elevation nightborne ruins place sounding like a good idea to them is all i got

I'm actually curious if the NPCs are up there in game at any point now

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    That's not quite how it works, though. An avatar carries but a portion of your will and essence. Sargeras controlling an avatar is similar to you controlling your WoW character. You control its actions, and it's an extension of you, but it isn't the full real you. Has its pros and cons. Means Sargeras can act across the cosmos, while not really risking his real self. But also results in less power. True Sargeras would have had no problem forcing his will on anyone. But the sliver of Sargeras possessing Medivh and his mother wasn't enough to do more than darken her thoughts, and control him some of the time, even though it was with him since birth.

We have no indication that Sargeras' Titan body currently is anything but alive and well.
    I don't think the Avatar of Sargeras worked like this though since it was literally used to pass his soul into the current guardian so it could wait until she had a baby to possess her son. I figure it's probably a fraction of his power but transported his whole soul. Soul doesn't always mean full power if you leave your body behind.

Illidans plan must of been to stop receiving invasions by plunging directly into their base of operations and kneecapping the entire legion by taking out the Man'ari directly via invasion. You take out the eredar you remove the order that kept the forces of chaos in line. You do that and it is just Sargeras left with an unruly pack of demons who don't really want to do his bidding. Sargeras turned the Eredar into Man'ari specifically because he needed powerful intelligent leaders and field commanders who understood the arcane and advanced complex social structures.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Except Kil'jaeden has been a demon for 25,000 years at this point, you'd expect being an agent of chaos for that long he hardly cares about expressing his feelings anymore.
    It's the typical Blizzard fashion of how they bring this revelation about that always puts me in disbelief of how cliché it is.
    Had they taken even an inch more effort to atleast foreshadow this confession earlier, it would've been acceptable.
    Reality has it that Kil'jaeden is portrayed as a malevolent monster utterly without compassion and mercy,
    but we get this bomb dropped in a trailer and a cutscene,
    jeej...

Defending the actions of a fictional character I can understand to a degree, but not when you know what team was behind writing him.
    They did forshadow it in the 7.2 cinematic. His argument with Sargeras shows that all he has done so far was nothing but bravado. Still kinda rushed and shit writing, but it doesn't come completely out of left field.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Illidan ninja pulled an entire planet
    Ffs - vote to kick Illidan peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They did forshadow it in the 7.2 cinematic. His argument with Sargeras shows that all he has done so far was nothing but bravado. Still kinda rushed and shit writing, but it doesn't come completely out of left field.
    Yeah it did seem like KJ was getting fed up with everything and sick of these ways, "mini redemption" ending didn't really surprise me, I am all for it this time.

"One of the Legion's masters has fallen at last, yet this war is far from over.Was this the true plan of Sargeras all along? His ultimate endgame? Or perhaps this is another's doing. Someone who has betrayed this world before.<Maiev narrows her eyes as she looks toward the sky.>I will be watching... and ready."
    Hm, the part with "one of the Legion's masters has fallen at last" is interesting, could mean that Archimonde is indeed still alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Hm, the part with "one of the Legion's masters has fallen at last" is interesting, could mean that Archimonde is indeed still alive.
    or Archimond was never considered a "legion master" or more simple, Blizzard has terrible screenwriters..
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    The second is Sargeras.

Funny video:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yeah, that's what I said: they dropped it in the trailer. But after a fucking decade since we last saw him, you'd expect there to be atleast some foreshadowing, and not just a trailer from 3 months ago.

In my earlier post I pointed out the bravado bit was completely retarded as well. They obliterated countless worlds and sentient lives, one planet shows proper resistance and suddenly it's all meaningless? It's so lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Come on, Kil'jaeden always was like this. He hunted down the Draenei because his feelings, he made Ner'zhul the Lich King because his feelings, he turned Illidan his agent because his feelings.
    The last two are speculation at best.

Ner'zhul was a pawn, selected because he had stature amongst the society which Kil'jaeden and his master sought to corrupt. He bailed on the orcs when Sargeras ordered as much, and only when he had use for Ner'zhul did he decided for him to have another purpose.
    Illidan was also a pawn, selected for his cunning and history with the Legion.

If either of those had anything to do with feelings at all, I really doubt Sargeras would give a fuck about 'em.
    "Hey boss, uhm maybe we should let this Ner'zhul guy go. He was just a pawn, he served his purpose and we have no personal vendetta against him. In fact, him destroying Draenor only made our work easier for us."
    "The fuck you talking about? Our purpose is to scour the Dark Beyond clean of all life. This insignificant creature will not be spared just because you feel remorse."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    demons are thinking, feeling creatures.

they're inclined to chaotic behavior, but they still have individual personalities. i doubt becoming one erases your personality.

it can just twist the way to feel.
    Not really. They're just physical embodiments of chaotic energy. Before Sargeras went rogue their purpose was to sow said chaos, which in itself is contradictory because chaos has no purpose.

You can argue sentient races who became corrupted would still have some feelings left, but I doubt a mind consumed by chaos will give an honest confession in its final moments.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-06-21 at 01:52 PM.