Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Not flaming, the article is a valid news piece. It was ignored when added into one of Tennis' propaganda threads, so I thought I'd give it its own thread.
    No, it's flaming. You passive aggressively flamed another poster without naming them. At least have the courage to @ them in the OP. Or you can continue to act like a 7th grader.

Jesus this is sad even for the embarrassing right-wingers on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No, it's flaming. You passive aggressively flamed another poster without naming them. At least have the courage to @ them in the OP. Or you can continue to act like a 7th grader.
    Agree to disagree, I suppose.

Also, my politics aren't the issue here, it's Canada being 15-20th on the list of nations helping refugees.

I just wish they could do something to improve their standing.

Please don't make topics that will offEnd us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Rubbish list.

Most or all of these countries have refugees showing up on their borders/doorsteps. Hardly the same as Canada, where we choose to fly in our refugees.

Which other country has flown in more Syrian refugees?
    Furthermore, why are Canadians flying in Syrians at any cost, but rejecting Mexicans?

https://nacla.org/article/mexican-as...da-door-closes

Deleted
    Whats the whole point of this topic anyway? Whoever made this thread must be the one who has been rejected from entering Canada. I am not racist but look what is happening to France, UK, Germany and other countries that have accepted so many refugees. Canada should not be ashamed of themselves to cherrypick people who can enter and who can not. All those middle age man between 20-35 that leaves the country to seek the peace while leaving children and women behind to fight for the country is just silly as hell. Those people grew up in a different land with different traditions and they should be civilized before letting them in into Europe or any part of the world because all they bring is chaos, aggression, crime and danger to citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    It really means Canada is being smarter about the whole ordeal, no ?
    Not being locked by land to those countries isn't exactly something that makes Canada smarter.
    It just happens to be that way.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2017-06-21 at 07:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    What does tenis have to say about this??
    OECD table shows asylum seekers not refugees settled. In other words, this is not an accurate thread.

OECD table shows asylum seekers not refugees settled. In other words, this is not an accurate thread.
    Incorrect. One table refers to asylum seekers. the actual test and the numbers it discusses refer to actual refugees taken in.

Want to try again? I trust the OECD more than your blind nationalism.

Taken in = Applied for asylum or I'm misreading the data you posted?

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect. One table refers to asylum seekers. the actual test and the numbers it discusses refer to actual refugees taken in.
    Where ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Taken in = Applied for asylum or I'm misreading the data you posted?

- - - Updated - - -

Where ?
    Huh, you know what, it is ambiguous, now that I reread it.

The table mentions asylum seekers, the text mentions refugees taken in.

Huh, you know what, it is ambiguous, now that I reread it.

The table mentions asylum seekers, the text mentions refugees taken in.
    It's as if a biased journalist has constructed a narrative after misinterpreting data. But I'm sure it doesn't happen very often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I find it interesting that Austria and Switzerland have taken more than France and the UK, but seem to be having fewer issues with it. What are they doing differently? Or is it a case of media not caring about those countries as much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Jesus this is sad even for the embarrassing right-wingers on this site.
    What are you captain of the libtard police?

10+ Year Old Account
    To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith as long as you are part of the small minority that have a skillset we can exploit.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Note that this article lists asylum seekers, not immigrants as such and yes there is a difference.

For example, out of the ~33000 listed as asylum seekers for Finland during that period, only roughly 1/4 were granted asylum, the rest were rejected.
    http://www.helsinkitimes.fi/finland/...d-in-2016.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Not being locked by land to those countries isn't exactly something that makes Canada smarter.
    It just happens to be that way.
    The USA is included in the list, how does your theory take that into account?

Deleted
    RIP Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    The USA is included in the list, how does your theory take that into account?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rubbish list.

Most or all of these countries have refugees showing up on their borders/doorsteps. Hardly the same as Canada, where we choose to fly in our refugees.

Which other country has flown in more Syrian refugees?
    Hahaha. First class tennis. I have no faith in Canada anymore.

Wasn't aware there was a competition going
    Money talks, bullshit walks..