Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Saddest moment in a comic book.

So been working on x-23's comic books. been reading them all on marvel unlimited. Also working on a physical collection as well. Got to the end of x-23 issue 5 and I've gotta say this is the saddest moment I've seen in a comic book. The aftermath after she kills her mother without even knowing it was happening.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The final arc of Peter David's Supergirl run(titled, ironically, "Many Happy Returns"), with the Linda Danvers version of Supergirl is one of the most soul crushingly depressing comic arcs I've ever read. Without reading the series, it's hard to properly convey what happens, but she ends up sending a friend to her death, undoing her own quest for redemption, being forever separated from her husband and child, and leaving her family, friends, and her role as Supergirl behind.

This part in The Sandman

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    This part in The Sandman
    Very much this.

Also: The end of Kindly Ones Where Morpheus leaves the Dreaming because Naula summons him... And then she realises what she's done.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

When I read this as a teenager, I was a wreck. Jean/Phoenix/Dark Phoenix was one of my favorite characters back then. So much so, actually, that when I was older, I had a good bit of my back inked with Dark Phoenix.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8gM_c657gS...00/Phoenix.png

10+ Year Old Account

Still brings a tear to my eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aisde from OP's choice, which I agree with.

The death of Wolverine, from The Death of Wolverine. went on out on such a high, as an X-Men fan since 1989 and a huge fan of Wolverine since then, it was just so sad to see them kill him off.

Fuck this Old Man Logan currently filling his shoes #NotmyLogan :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

That whole issue of Injustice: Gods Among Us hit me like a truck.

http://imgur.com/gallery/k1T0S
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Blink dying in the regular x-men continuity (Dies battling the phalanx)

Blink finding Sabretooth with his guts torn out (Age of Apocalypse)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Watchmen
    While I thought his death was tragic, it didnt feel like a loss in the sense that he was suddenly and unjustly ripped out of existence. Rather it was the logical conclusion of the plot and a decision he made conciously and willingly because he found himself at a point where he was unable to compromise with his principles and live on or insist and rob the world of its perhaps final chance to make a better future for itself. I thought it was a cathartic moment worthy of great theatre.

Deleted
    The day Shazam died

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    While I thought his death was tragic, it didnt feel like a loss in the sense that he was suddenly and unjustly ripped out of existence. Rather it was the logical conclusion of the plot and a decision he made conciously and willingly because he found himself at a point where he was unable to compromise with his principles and live on or insist and rob the world of its perhaps final chance to make a better future for itself. I thought it was a cathartic moment worthy of great theatre.
    I agree with everything you said... but the fact remains that it was a sad moment. Even though everything played out as it was suppose to... I couldn't help but feel a deep loss with the death of a man with such profound integrity. He had to die... but what does that say about us when someone who exemplifies the paragon of human virtue has to die so the world can live in peace. Rorschach was brutal... he inflicted countless injuries but only took the lives of those who truly deserved it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Plot twist in Death in the family.
    Plot twist in Identity Crisis.

I'll think up some more later.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it was the death of Guardian from Alpha Flight #12 way back in 1984. He died right in front of his wife.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the feeling we're going to be getting a seriously sad moment in Mighty Thor very soon.

Hell, just this month the scene where they find Volstagg after the kids he was helping were all blown up was pretty fucking sad.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Batman finally meeting his dad and then having it all ripped away.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k