Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    And what do you say now that they've let out they've been DDoSed since early access launched? That is something that is really hard for any company to combat; as you can see the overlords at Blizzard struggle every time they get attacked.
    Kind of wish they'd let out that information when it was happening so I'd have known to not waste my time waiting to pass through the MSQ.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    Yeah, and guess what, they were being DDoSed ... do you not remember WoW getting DDoSed? It being game breaking? selective memory from Jaylock, who would've guessed.

Alpha and Beta tests ... haha, have you been to any WoW launches? I"m guessing not, since you don't remember the issues there either. Enjoy living in your own world I see

- - - Updated - - -

And what do you say now that they've let out they've been DDoSed since early access launched? That is something that is really hard for any company to combat; as you can see the overlords at Blizzard struggle every time they get attacked.
    That as @Kyanion said they should have informed the players of that information the moment they knew it which according to you was Early Access launch so they would have had the info at least a day or two later. Also considering I only just found out about a news post that was posted 4-5 hours (I was asleep at that time in the UK) what do you want me to say?

Yes it happens and why are we bringing Blizzard into this? Of course no damn company can combat DDoSing fully. Would never make the claim they could. I remember it happening to WoW, I remember it happening to Ubisoft servers when I played The Division, I remember it happening to Rift, GW2 and other games.

We could bring in any big gaming company such as Ubisoft, Activision or EA. DDoSing is an asshole move, always has been. That's my stance on it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-21 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Doesn't bahumet only cast spells when you cast? And wasn't trance suppose to be used on aetherflow downtime?
    Bahamut only casts spell when you cast but : if you move during it (instant spell) he won't cast because he is moving. If you use enkindle bahamut and you are moving => he will wait to stop moving to cast it so it can sometimes means that the spell won't go off ever... Bahamut should stay immobile when you summon him to avoid stuff like that... i mean it's a cd you can use every 2 minutes... it shouldn't come with that much downside.

yes trance is used during aetherflow downtime but it lasts for what 15 seconds ? that's still 45 seconds where you aren't using any aether spells.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    they totally destroyed SMN. I really do think they don't even test their shit.

Summon bahamut is the most useless and unforgiving spell ever. if you move, it moves with you => he doesn't cast shit until he stops moving... that's so great in a game where you have to move like constantly.

you can't heal your pets anymore so they will eventually die to all those aoe and shit.

They reduced the CD of the aether abilities but they kept the the cd of the spell that gives you the stack at 1 min... which is so bad I can't even.

When you have no aether stacks nor DWT ... all you basically do is : ruin ruin ruin ruin ruin ruin ruin ruin ruin ruin and that until you finally get the cd back to cast some offgcd spells. When you're in DWT all you do is.. ruin ruin ruin ruin ruin ruin since you can't cast aetherflow spells anymore.

I mean how dumb is that ?

Smn is garbage tier pre-60 now because of all the removed stuff/nerfed abilities...

Also if you by mistake fail a aether spell => it won't give you a stack for DWT so you will have to wait one minute and then spends the cd to only gain ONE STACK to then enter DWT. AND IF YOU USE THE GENERATOR DURING DWT (by mistake, it happens) .... YOU GAIN NOTHING AND LOSE THE CD.

???? Why... just why ?

This class is a mess.
    I'm sorry but it really seems like a skill issue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Considering Bahamut isn't permanent it should be able to cast while moving imo. It wouldn't be that powerful either. And the person you quoted does actually have some valid SMN points.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Considering Bahamut isn't permanent it should be able to cast while moving imo.
    It's about timing, you don't actually need to move all the time like the dude was saying. Just use it when you don't.

Don't complain when you misuse the skill and then expect things to work like you wish they would.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2017-06-21 at 10:48 AM.

You say that but then think of a fight like Lakshmi who is VERY movement heavy and I doubt you could get the full use out of Bahamut.

It's about timing, you don't actually need to move all the time like the dude was saying. Just use it when you don't.
    Don't complain when you use misuse the skill and then expect things to work like you wish they would.
    I wasn't complaining but for the limited time Bahamut is out it should have the ability of mobile casting. It wouldn't do anything to make SMNs OP and would make the spell more friendly towards movement intensive fights. I mean we need to wait and see how movement intensive Omega is but we can evaluate that in 2 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    You say that but then think of a fight like Lakshmi who is VERY movement heavy and I doubt you could get the full use out of Bahamut.
    Exactly. Lakshmi EX looks even worse for SMN and Bahamut.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Where is it written that every skill must be 100% viable in 100% of the fights 100% of the time? -.-

Where is it written that every skill must be 100% viable in 100% of the fights 100% of the time? -.-
    Where is it written that it's not? That's not the point that was being made. The point was SMNs can get really screwed out of their big ability on Lakshmi because of the movement intensity. There's no harm in changing Bahamut so it doesn't have to rely on movement.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing that in 4.1. Along with the Lillies work they have intended for WHM because well let's face it Lillies is a snooze mechanic at best that just encourages mindless Cure/Cure 2 spam. Would love to see as someone posted small buffs added to RDM's Verflare and Verholy spells to encourage more weaving. And maybe a potency increase on Enchanted Moulinet.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-21 at 11:05 AM.

Its funny that BLM the class that was punished for movement has it really good on Lakshmi compared to SMN which was known for being mobile. As a BLM you can place your Enochian (or whatever that circle thing is) in the middle of the room and then wait till the last second to teleport to someone and then teleport back. Maybe I'll go level a BLM now since that actually seems like a fun play style.

The question I have since I don't play my SMN much is, can you set your pet to be stationary at target place? If so you could technically just plop it on top of the boss.

I mean you did say that you should be better and learn to place it properly. That fight contradicts that? Either way Bahamut is I'd imagine a big part of the SMN toolkit so yes it should be viable in every fight.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-06-21 at 11:19 AM.

I keep getting sub 20 rolls on minions at the last bosses of the SB dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was enjoying Stormblood, had reached Kugane, but while on the queue for Sirensong Sea i made the grave mistake of trying SAM.. and loving it. So now im running PotD with a whole expansion out there xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    They both have cooldowns.
    Technically you're right. But piercing talon's is as long as the gcd (2.5s), jump's cooldown is 30s. You can spam piercing talon, you can't spam jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I was enjoying Stormblood, had reached Kugane, but while on the queue for Sirensong Sea i made the grave mistake of trying SAM.. and loving it. So now im running PotD with a whole expansion out there xD
    It gets even more enjoyable. Especially level 62+ when get double the amount of kenki with your abilities.

Ah the classic "i don't have an argument so I'm going to make an assumption on your skill"

I'm not dumb. I won't use Bahamut on susano ex when I know he will go for his "ultimate attack" because i would have just wasted the CD. I won't use bahamut on the thunder phase because i know i could be targeted.

But there are fights where it's so movement heavy that you either : don't use it but in the end you're screwing yourself because you miss one or 2 bahamut during the fight or you use it and it's half as good because you had to move.

The spell is badly designed as is the whole job in SB.

It shouldn't move with the summoner. When a SMn is moving he is already getting punished because he misses out on Ruin 3 but now with this bahamut CD... he misses out a lot more.

- - - Updated - - -

And tell me why you are being punished by using an INSTANT spell during movement. Tell me the logic in that (enkindle bahamut)

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Technically you're right. But piercing talon's is as long as the gcd (2.5s), jump's cooldown is 30s. You can spam piercing talon, you can't spam jump.
    And it's fun to use Jump when there are AoE circles everywhere...oh wait you'll probably eat the AoE because when you jump you seem to be in every point between your initial position and your target. Fun times...

To be honest with all the shit and downtime going on in fights in SB...Dragoon is not in a good position imo. You need to know the fight perfectly for optimal output compare to some of the other dps...but weirdly enough this optimal DPS is on par with BRD and MCH (on the low end that means) who don't have any problem with mechanics anymore (yay no cast...)

finally got to Azim Steppe and its cool to be playing a Xaela and have the npcs say things like "didn't your parents cook this for you in your tribe as a child?" and stuff.

So, I ordered the Physical CE, and it arrived monday, DHL ignored my request on where to place the box but w/e, but I would say, I am thoroughly disappointed. The box and boxart is amazing, the artbook aswell. But the Figure... Holy shit that is disappointing. Cheap plastic foot - It is hollow even. I had expected something more alligned with a statue and not a "figure", it is soft, ductile plastic, where I had expected more brittle plastic. It feels cheap, and not 200 euros worth. The CE game is worth 60 euros, but the rest of the content is not worth 140 euros =/ The cloth map is cheap and the details are... Rather bad? Like I can only read some of the areas because I know what they should say. Then there is a sticker /shrug. Aint gonna order that again for that pricetag

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    But the Figure... Holy shit that is disappointing. Cheap plastic foot - It is hollow even.
    Ya I wanted to get this CE but after buying the HW one, I said nope. Even more so since this cost $80 more then the HW one and doesn't come with anything that makes up the price.

It looks good for what it is, But not $200 good.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD