Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whch are BiS trinkets for holy priest in ToS

Wondering what are the best trinkets in Tos for holy priest and i got mana issues so i was gonna try to do m+ to get the spine trinket from Brh

Amalgam's Seventh Spine was much better in the beginning of the expansion when we used Flash Heal more, but we're pretty PoH spammy now, so it makes it not that good, imo. If you need a mana regen trinket, I'd honestly run with the crafted trinket, especially since it can go to item level 900 now. I plan on running the legendary trinket (because I have it) and the crafted trinket for fights that I need mana, or switch it out with The Deceiver's Grand Design for a lot of fights. I don't have math for any of it, but the majority of the trinkets from ToS are looking to be shit. Chalice of Moonlight would be a badass trinket, but nobody raids during the day.
    Last edited by Thaleous; 2017-06-20 at 05:46 AM.

i spam flash heal mostly lol i hate using PoH

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    i spam flash heal mostly lol i hate using PoH
    Then you're playing Holy wrong.

Mana trinkets aren't really needed anymore since we all take Enlightenment now. If you are struggling with mana you can always weave in more Heal casts when damage intake is low(er).

basically, pick from:
    Velen's / Deceiver's Grand Design / Archive of Faith / Arcanocrystal (900+ pref) / Perfectly Preserved Cake (900+) / Int+Stat (900+)

Seems like we will never want to take Velen's off this whole expansion, though. The new tomb trinkets listed above are very situationally strong and I'm sure over time, through progression, people will find consistent uses for them.

Ya but i feel the trail of light is much better then 10 percent mana regen

It's not, though. The mana you get from Enlightenment provides much more healing than Trail of Light does. ToL healing does not proc Blessing of T'uure anymore, and you should be more focused on PoM / PoH / Holy Word casts, anyhow. Flash Heal is just your spot heal / filler, not your main spell.

Deleted
    You literally said in your opening post that you have mana issues, what the...?

Is it but another 4k mana every 5 seconds is like 1k every second in replace 40% of a right placed heal isnt worth it

Deleted
    If you're playing wrong, no amount of gear will fix your mana issues, your hps issues, or really anything.

Don't hardcast renew either by the way.

Deleted
    Honestly mate, if you wanna play Holy your own way and ignore the best way to play the spec, pick whatever trinkets you find fun.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Then you're playing Holy wrong.
    That depend? Holy is pretty good for spot healing, so depending on fight, it might be better to focus on Flash Heal and actually save players from death, instead of stealing hps from other healers with PoH.

We all probably had a "I could PoH melee instantly to get some nice numbers, even though there's Healing Rain under them... or I can heal those two guys with dots who aren't grouped up" scenario. PoH not being a smart heal doesn't help either.

Well, apparently Sea Star was stealth buffed and is crazy good for us now. It'll probably get nerfed, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That depend? Holy is pretty good for spot healing, so depending on fight, it might be better to focus on Flash Heal and actually save players from death, instead of stealing hps from other healers with PoH.

We all probably had a "I could PoH melee instantly to get some nice numbers, even though there's Healing Rain under them... or I can heal those two guys with dots who aren't grouped up" scenario. PoH not being a smart heal doesn't help either.
    That's not exactly the point OP was making tho, he was arguing that Spine is still good cause he uses FH that much, Spine -isn't- good since you should not use FH that much. That doesn't mean it's a useless spell, on Mythic Gul'dan I cast more FH than PoH since there's so much spot healing either on people targeted by eyes in P2 or people with parasites in P3. But I still wouldn't run Spine and neither would I run Trail of Light.

keep doing what your doing if it's how you like to play

I didn't say "don't use flash heal ever"

stop with the strawman arguments

PoH not being a smart heal doesn't help either.
    There are few/no smart heals in the game anymore. PoH prioritizes targets who are missing health.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are few/no smart heals in the game anymore. PoH prioritizes targets who are missing health.
    No it doesn't, it's purely distance based. It was changed quite a while ago, in exchange for a slight coefficient buff.

No it doesn't, it's purely distance based.
    It always seems to only heal injured targets for me

/shrug

With every other AoE prioritizing injured targets, I don't see why PoH wouldn't.

Deleted
    What? You post here a lot, I woulda thought you had more knowledge. Wild growth, Chain heal and radiance are still smart heals. PoH heals your target and the 4 nearest targets, regardless of health. And yeah, it is super stupid. Even the party-heal-version of PoH was better, as then you could arrange your groups to allow you to have control of who you're about to heal. Now you usually throw PoH on either melee or ranged and simply pray that it hits damaged players. If everyone in the raid takes equal damage though, PoH is as great as always. But that's usually not the case.

This was tested a while back and unless anythings changed it always targets the 4 closest to the target even if they are full.

edit: so sea star trinket.... wtf
    Last edited by worcester; 2017-06-22 at 12:04 AM.