Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FS- View Post
    Well... Germany (like many EU nations) have been under jewish rule ever since WW2 ended.
    Kudos, good sir. Wearing a tinfoil hat in the current climate speaks of your dedication and mental determination.

On topic. Having an ultra-leftist thought police will certainly make the country much safer in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I would like to see some of the sample postings.

In general I think that Europe goes way too far with stuff like this, if America wouldn't do it, then I find that it's too over reaching.
    America goes too far in what it allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Countries with freedom of speech don't outlaw hate speech, because you know, that sort of destroys the purpose of having freedom of speech.
    Very few countries actually allow for universal hate speech. I also believe it should be completely legal.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Kudos, good sir. Wearing a tinfoil hat in the current climate speaks of your dedication and mental determination.

On topic. Having an ultra-leftist thought police will certainly make the country much safer in a heartbeat.
    Outlawing racist speech, threats and such things isn't a leftwing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yeah, yeah it really is. Liberals tend to want to use the government to silence people more than others. The key exception would be Trump, because he also wants to limit speech and the press.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, that's why I still appreciate America most than other countries even if I have problems with it.
    America just prefers to limit freedom of the press and freedom of speech in other ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    What are you even talking about? One's speech doesn't effect anyone else's freedom in any way.
    Wanting to remove freedoms from other people is directly effecting the freedoms of these "other people".
    It is only the extreme forms that are being punished, not just Joe Smith that said that he didn't like brown people. Just like you can talk about wanting to kill someone, this is okay, everyone has had thoughts of bashing someones skull in. What is not okay is having well thought out plans laying around in how you exactly are going to do this.

Why would the far-right, who are traditionally the xenophobic ones, be for outlawing racist speech?

Yes, it *is* a left wing thing.
    Let's not forget, Trump and the new GOP also want to limit speech and the free press.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yeah, yeah it really is. Liberals tend to want to use the government to silence people more than others. The key exception would be Trump, because he also wants to limit speech and the press.
    No, it isn't. Singapore is far from left-wing, racist speech is outlawed. Threats are also outlawed.

Why would the far-right, who are traditionally the xenophobic ones, be for outlawing racist speech?

Yes, it *is* a left wing thing.
    As far as I'm aware the government in Germany is centre-right. Same as in Singapore, we both outlaw racist speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Making threats, hate speech and forcing people to do stuff against their will has been illegal in Germany for quite a while. Same as in most countries, you know.
    except saying things that hurt peoples feelings seems to be illegal in germany now.

No, it isn't. Singapore is far from left-wing, racist speech is outlawed. Threats are also outlawed.
    Singapore is an authoritarian paradise. Both the left and the right are more than capable of doing it. However, when it comes to limiting hate speech, that's something the left has pushed far more than the right.

Deleted
    In the current german implementation, it 100% is. Just an example: wearing a swastika t-shirt is criminal here, wearing a hammer and sickle t-shirt is a fashion statement. That's a joke. While wearing either marks you as a genocide-adoring fucktard, either both or ideally neither should be criminal in the eyes of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    except saying things that hurt peoples feelings seems to be illegal in germany now.
    That's OK, Trump wants to do the same thing in America. He wants to strengthen libel laws, because people hurt his feelers.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    In the current german implementation, it 100% is. Just an example: wearing a swastika t-shirt is criminal here, wearing a hammer and sickle t-shirt is a fashion statement. That's a joke. While wearing either marks you as a genocide-adoring fucktard, either both or ideally neither should be criminal in the eyes of the law.
    Germany is ruled by a centre-right party...

If US police did that in America they would be very busy.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    germany has lost it's way a while ago.

So worried to be seen as marching right extremists that they invite the whole middle east to europe...

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    There were private facebook groups a few months back that were raided for merely sharing news and discussion refugee attacks. Maybe they stepped over the line somewhere, but besides it being unclear where exactly the line is, this wasn't even public speech.

Don't be so quick to assume that these people are the monsters you'd like them to be.
    "Hey, why are you raiding my house, I haven't done anything! I'm merely sheltering some people who may have done illegal stuff!"

Even a private FB group may have subgroups.

Deleted
    Germany is ruled by a centre-right party...
    in name only

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    germany has lost it's way a while ago.

So worried to be seen as marching right extremists that they invite the whole middle east to europe...
    What's wrong with inviting people to enjoy your nation? Freedom is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump can have fun with that, because the supreme court is pretty clear about freedom of speech.
    Far too often, the SC has ruled against freedom, so I'm not willing to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    in name only
    Looking at their policies they don't particularly seem much like left-wingers.