Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Just an example: wearing a swastika t-shirt is criminal here, wearing a hammer and sickle t-shirt is a fashion statement. That's a joke.
    No that's capitalism annexing "edgy" symbolism to sell to hipsters. No one involved is actually communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    in name only
    Yes, because that's what the "right wing" originally meant: the conservative side/parties of the parliament, not the fascist/racist ones.

Good, why condone hatred?

Deleted
    In the current german implementation, it 100% is. Just an example: wearing a swastika t-shirt is criminal here, wearing a hammer and sickle t-shirt is a fashion statement. That's a joke. While wearing either marks you as a genocide-adoring fucktard, either both or ideally neither should be criminal in the eyes of the law.
    Honestly, I'm not much of a fan of the Verbotsgesetz either, mostly because it's a free-pass for far-right extremists to play the victim card. That said, considering the lengths a handful of far right posters on German social media go to, a total of 36 arrests rather has me think that the policies that are being applied are VERY lenient.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Germany is ruled by a centre-right party...
    No. Germany is ruled by a coalition of a left party (Social Democrats) and a party that the majority of Germans consider to be left of center these days (Christian Democrats). And - with some due and quite possibly some undue respect - they know more about the topic at hand than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Something being legally isn't really condoning it. It's legal to punch yourself in the nuts, that doesn't mean the government or society at large condones it.
    True but it can be good to set some boundries.
    If you hit yourself in the nuts, does that make certain people to hate you more tho?
    Can't really think of any kind of club that would.

Deleted
    Hatespeech laws are extremly dangerous. People in power decides what hatespeech. Thats how you create a pc hitler.

No. Germany is ruled by a coalition of a left party (Social Democrats) and a party that the majority of Germans consider to be left of center these days (Christian Democrats). And - with some due and quite possibly some undue respect - they know more about the topic at hand than you do.
    Not if they consider christian democrats to be left of center.

But the person wearing a swastika is a nazi? Lol
    Just stupid. So, half the way there.

I'm not saying you should brandish communist signs.
    But there is a reason that the swastika is banned: it stands for the "extermination" of millions of "unwanted" people. And unlike with the hammer&sickle and Che shirts, which are also signs of an oppressive type of government that killed a lot of people, everyone is aware what they're doing and how it will be perceived when they use the swastika.

Deleted
    The problem is that when you're left-wing, gutmensch / policor, you can do and say whatever you like on the internet. You're free to spit as much hate on those who do not share the same leftish view as you, as much as you want.

And that's whats wrong with Germany, and the whole western society as a matter of fact. Political correctness will eventually be western society's downfall.

Deleted
    Well it is at least fewer than it was last time, granted last time was a ring of sedition and murder speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    The problem is that when you're left-wing, gutmensch / policor, you can do and say whatever you like on the internet. You're free to spit as much hate on those who do not share the same leftish view as you, as much as you want.
    And that's whats wrong with Germany, and the whole western society as a matter of fact. Political correctness will eventually be western society's downfall.
    Because tolerance and understanding isn't as frowned upon as much as hatred and disdain?

I don't really want a faceless government entity deciding what words I am allowed to say and in what fashion, so the less that happens the better imo.
    This line of thinking... realize that few to no boundaries on what you are allowed to say and do also means there are few to no boundaries on what others can do to you. Basically, anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Not if they consider christian democrats to be left of center.
    Whoever thinks that the CDU is center/left has no idea. They are slightly conservative/right in pretty much all aspects of politics. Their immigration politics are however tainted by German Angst.

Deleted
    But the person wearing a swastika is a nazi? Lol
    Do you really think that people who do not support that cause will wear one? Specially in Germany!?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Because tolerance and understanding isn't as frowned upon as much as hatred and disdain?
    No, obviously defending others is the same as defending your right to attack others that you dislike. Didn't you read the rest of this thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    You should see the hate being spit by policor / gutmensch/ sjw when you even slightly not agree with their views...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    You should see the hate being spit by policor / gutmensch/ sjw when you even slightly not agree with their views...
    Are you glossing over the fact that the other side does the exact same thing?
    So many whiners that can only think in black and white.

It doesn't matter if you're left or right or center or up or down.
    No group is better than the other if all they care about is mememe and not ususus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ksoveras View Post
    I suppose that German police dealt with Kurdish and Lebanese crime clans that were dominating organised crime there since they have resources to raid homes of their citizens over social media shitposting, right ?
    Germany has strong anti hate crimes due to their history, as I'm sure you are already aware.

as long as they crack down on any kind of hate speech i suppose it's alright.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.