Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Before you try to be smart and act tough by "history classing", atleast get your facts straight.
    How long has it been that the West has been without war with eachother? Not long.
    Outside sources have influenced the East as much as it influenced the West.

Where do you think all their weapons and fundings come from?
    As usual, you are ignoring simple facts which speaks volumes.

Please don't reply anymore if you just gloss over simple things for your own sake of being right.
    All you do is make fun of yourself.
    First I never implied the west is better than the middle-east or any other place. That doesn't mean that their problems are welcome here, they're not.

We stopped witch hunts and inquisitions more than 500 years ago. We don't stone people to death because someone called Jesus a fag.

And the West isn't responsible for on average 1500 deaths per month due to some screwed ideology

As for the West meddling with the middle-east and its resources, you're right. I just wish we would stop doing that so people like you would stop falling under the illusion that that is the reason they're so bloodthirsty over there.

They've been bloodthirsty since the beginning. It's their culture. They follow the culture that everything must comply or be conquered.

Stop with the intellectual dishonesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I assume you mean me? I don't moderate this forum and so I've never interacted with you to my knowledge. I'm also not giving my opinion in the post above - I'm simply stating what the video is trying to accomplish and why it is doing so.
    Haven't watched the video myself but I'm guessing understanding and tolerance over bigotted hatred and (negative) racism.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    First I never implied the west is better than the middle-east or any other place. That doesn't mean that their problems are welcome here, they're not.
    We stopped witch hunts and inquisitions more than 500 years ago. We don't stone people to death because someone called Jesus a fag.
    And the West isn't responsible for on average 1500 deaths per month.
    As for the West meddling with the middle-east and its resources, you're right. I just wish we would stop doing that so people like you would stop falling under the illusion that that is the reason they're so bloodthirsty over there.
    They've been bloodthirsty since the beginning. It's their culture. They follow the culture that everything must comply or be conquered.
    Stop with the intellectual dishonesty.
    Here we go again, stop projecting things like "I just wish we would stop doing that so people like you would stop falling under the illusion that that is the reason they're so bloodthirsty over there." I never said I thought like that, did I?
    There's still numerous murders involving any kind of subject, most likely also including someone being killed over "jesus is a fag"
    The west is still a bloodthirsty culture, just less than that of "them".

They follow the culture that everything must comply or be conquered.
    And how exactly is the US not doing the exact same thing to a certain extend?

I just wish we would stop doing that so people like you would stop falling under the illusion
    That doesn't magically destroy anything you've done in the past, so nice gymnastics.

The west as you call it has been formed by a mixture of basically everyone on this planet.
    People move around and try to find like-minded individuals.
    These people were given the chance to build up a more morally stable area and it has succeeded to a certain extend.
    Do you know why? Because people have been open to change so that the bloodthirst from before has lessened over time.

The east isn't there quite yet, that's for certain.
    Should we just ignore them all and let them do whatever they please over there? No
    Should be bend over to their every whim? No

You only speak in black and white, leaving the grey areas out.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2017-06-21 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Haven't watched the video myself but I'm guessing understanding and tolerance over bigotted hatred and (negative) racism.
    Essentially, yes. The video doesn't actually refer to the anti-refugee or anti-immigration sentiment directly but the overall tone is set against it by trying to cultivate a more positive and empathetic basis.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Don't buy into cheap lies friends!
    Okay, I won't buy into these cheap lie that refugees are inherently evil or inherently good. Are we still considered "friends" after this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Not sure why there's a need to promote the humanity of refugees. Probably because of complete ignorance from left side, yet you blame right wing for generalizing. Didn't take much for OP to be called fascist. Pretty amazing all this self-explanatory details must be elaborated, but that's how it goes with completely ignorant left wing.
    You are absolutely right sir. /s

Let's be honest here, the left is as delusional as the right.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2017-06-21 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Some people lack compassion and decency to be upset at something like this.!
    That is true.

/looks off in no particular direction.

Deleted
    The goal of the video seems to remind people that refugees are overwhelmingly people fleeing a dire situation.
    Powerful stuff, to Remind people of a Lie.
    Sweden, who is the most generous, Only gives asylum to 50% or so - So no, the statement 'overwhelmingly refugees fleeing a dire situation' is a Lie.
    in need of assistance
    There are about 5 billion people qualifying for this status.
    even if there is a statistically small chance that dangerous elements may hide in their numbers
    So? - and again, most estimations place it around 20-30%, that's not 'Small'.
    Framing us all as part of a common brotherhood and sisterhood of humanity
    Yeah that's not a thing -
    which softens peoples' outlooks and promotes donations and further support.
    No this is called propaganda - Worth noting is the large statistical overepresentation of women in the clip.
    So long as the charitable donation the video prompts outstrip the cost to create it then it is considered a worthwhile endeavor.
    It advocating being generous with other people's money, no, its not a worthwhile endeavor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The comments are pure gold. Kinda show that the further you push pendulum in one direction, the further it will end up in another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Powerful stuff, to Remind people of a Lie.
    Sweden, who is the most generous, Only gives asylum to 50% or so - So no, the statement 'overwhelmingly refugees fleeing a dire situation' is a Lie.

There are about 5 billion people qualifying for this status.

So? - and again, most estimations place it around 20-30%, that's not 'Small'.

Yeah that's not a thing -

No this is called propaganda - Worth noting is the large statistical overepresentation of women in the clip.

It advocating being generous with other people's money, no, its not a worthwhile endeavor.
    Those are all interesting claims you should take up with the creator of the video in question, which is not myself in this particular case. As for it being "propaganda" this would only be in the general sense that all advertisement is propaganda for a particular product, venue, or service being advertised. You are free to agree or disagree for your own reasons, but that doesn't change the intent of the video - which is the only thing I am speaking about.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I know this may be shocking to you, but some people actually look at the reality of the situation and form an understanding not based on pre-conceived notions such as "immigrants are evil".
    I never said that "immigrants are evil", but please strawman more.

"send them money"
    I'm quite sure that I meant to send them HELP where they live. Don't award people for breaking rules about taking a refuge (they should stay in FIRST safe country eg. Turkey).

Assad, as an example, has brutally killed many peaceful protesters as well as innocent people that live nearby.
    Speculations. Syrians are claiming that Assad actually is helping them with ISIS.

Rather than looking for comfort that your views are right, how about spending time educating yourself on the reality of the situation these people face?
    Vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Breaking news: MMO-C is still a safe space for fascists and racists. News at 11.
    Didn't knew that telling people to help people in their own countries is racist. I guess we should send all of them to gulag since this is what leftist commies like. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    As someone who spends probably too much time on YT, I know that attacks on YT channels are organized by left and right equally. Maybe the right is a little better organized because 4chan is huge and Tumblr/Reddit is nowhere nearly as dedicated.

But during every wave of trolls, there is always a pinch of truth behind the trolling. The public feels a certain way about issues and Trolls are just the extreme that shines through. YT could do their part in an unbiased infotainment, but YT cannot change itself because the people who work for YT all share the same ideology, following mainstream safe-space ideas because that's ̶m̶̶o̶̶n̶̶e̶̶y̶ family friendly.
    So to summarise "blah blah blah neo Nazi apologism blah blah blah false equivalence blah blah blah tu quoque fallacy blah blah blah"?

Ie the usual. You guys get this off a recipe or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Okay, I won't buy into these cheap lie that refugees are inherently evil or inherently good. Are we still considered "friends" after this statement?
    Well, could you at least quote me on that one? Did I said there evil anywhere? I'm preaching here for help for them in their OWN country. I guess it is really xenophobic of me.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So to summarise "blah blah blah neo Nazi apologism blah blah blah false equivalence blah blah blah tu quoque fallacy blah blah blah"?

Ie the usual. You guys get this off a recipe or something?
    The fuck is that supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I guess you didn't catch mine. I like to cater to those who feel like victims.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you are, seemingly more worried about complete strangers, than anything else...
    Key word there is seemingly, implying that you don't actually know.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Essentially, yes. The video doesn't actually refer to the anti-refugee or anti-immigration sentiment directly but the overall tone is set against it by trying to cultivate a more positive and empathetic basis.
    By showing cherry-picked people, which do not extend to reality.

Calling this left propaganda shows how deluded and paranoid you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    You mean like a moderator 2 posts above you with his heart warming (not to say utterly naive) shitposting? Probably same moderator that likes to infract me for having a opinion that's not aligned to his own?
    I've got some tissues over here if you want to continue feeling sorry for yourself.

I'm sure it's the mean old moderators persecuting you for your beliefs, and not the fact you're shitposting because you're triggered.

*checks post history*

LOL yeah you're so wronged, poor you hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    The fuck is that supposed to mean?
    I think he/she have a stroke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Calling this left propaganda shows how deluded and paranoid you are.
    And you saying that it is not is shows how naive and simple you are.
    BTW I will let myself to quote another leaning guy here:

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    YOu seem to think that propaganda has a negative intonation when it doesn't. Lots of things are propaganda in our daily lives, especially when it's political. Calling it propaganda has no meaning, because it's just pointing out the obvious.

Propaganda
    "information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc."
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/propaganda?s=t

So yes, it is propaganda. And?
    So do you agree now that it is propaganda?
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-21 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    NOPE. It would be more right to help them where they are, it would cost less, and it wouldn't put as much stress on EU countries economy. But by all means if you are from other continent please help refugees and take them to your home
    It would definitely cost less, because they'd most likely end up dead within the same calendar year.

The refugee costs aren't really putting stress on the EU. The EU countries combined have over 100 trillion EUR in assets.

The current estimated cost for all refugees this year, based on their max amount is around 10 billion EUR.

Not to mention half of the refugees are being deported back to country of origin due to false identities and such.

I think every alt right apologist and edgelord on the forum has gravitated to this thread, we should lock the door and nuke it from orbit.

I guess "refugee" is their trigger word.