Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am having an issue with this build.

When I run simc, i am about 150k from where I sim vs on the target dummy.

Now some of that is no flask no pots no food, but i turned off bloodlust in my simc because it was closer to 200k.

Is the food/flask/pots really worth 150k dps or am i really messing up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post

Now some of that is no flask no pots no food, but i turned off bloodlust in my simc because it was closer to 200k.

Close. On my char, my sims drop by over 120k when turning of pots, food, flask, runes and lust.

7+ Year Old Account

It could be anything, lack of procs, low crit, using Titans Thunder incorrectly (use it after DB), not enough haste etc

Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Close. On my char, my sims drop by over 120k when turning of pots, food, flask, runes and lust.
    Is there any reason I shouldn't always sim without consumables? Are there any synergies that gear can have with certain consumables that would change their rankings from buffed/unbuffed?

The numbers would be lower, but when normalized everything should still tell you which does higher damage.

Why would you sim without consumables though? If your simming yourself, its obviously because your concerned about your performance in high end content(where you would have consumables on) so why do you care what your numbers are without consumables?

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Why would you sim without consumables though? If your simming yourself, its obviously because your concerned about your performance in high end content(where you would have consumables on) so why do you care what your numbers are without consumables?
    because I test on the target dummy without food flask and pots =)

I want to make sure i understand how to play it before i bring it to raid. That said I dont know how to remove them, except lust has the option to be checked off in the sim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shootywooty View Post
    It could be anything, lack of procs, low crit, using Titans Thunder incorrectly (use it after DB), not enough haste etc

Going off memory here

29% crit, 59% Mastery (low when i go to crit) and i think 21%? Haste.

because I test on the target dummy without food flask and pots =)

I want to make sure i understand how to play it before i bring it to raid. That said I dont know how to remove them, except lust has the option to be checked off in the sim.

- - - Updated - - -

Going off memory here

29% crit, 59% Mastery (low when i go to crit) and i think 21%? Haste.
    If those are your stats, to be frank you're not ready for TOS. I mean you can probably get carried through normal no problem, but otherwise, to put it plainly you're so under geared sims don't matter at all for you right now outside of pure curiosity and you need to focus on just getting better gear. You are for sure in the "anything and everything is an upgrade" phase.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-06-21 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    If those are your stats, to be frank you're not ready for TOS. I mean you can probably get carried through normal no problem, but otherwise, to put it plainly you're so under geared sims don't matter at all for you right now outside of pure curiosity and you need to focus on just getting better gear. You are for sure in the "anything and everything is an upgrade" phase.
    Well 59% mastery is only with a crit neck, otherwise its around 70%...i cleared heroic guldan as top dps no problem.

here my armory

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...-hollow/nexhen
    Last edited by Agallion; 2017-06-21 at 05:15 PM.

I wouldn't put any stock in anything Shakou posts here, none of the intelligent people do at any rate. In fact, when he posted that comment I added up your secondaries compared to mine (excluding vers which wasn't given) and there was a 4% point difference between us with me at 921. In other words, virtually no point in him deducing that given the information you provided.

All that being said, I wouldn't get too hung up on your dummy test results. I never use those as any kind of gauge on my dps vs sims, I use them mainly to practice rotations, which to that effect you can tell when you're doing better or worse at least.

Just got 2 pieces of heroic T20. Now what?
    Simulated with both builds. My current one yeld 40K more than the WOC, stomp, OWTP. Bear in mind that my legendaries sucks. (need to gem/enchant)

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Frackk/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by mcbaon View Post
    Just got 2 pieces of heroic T20. Now what?
    Simulated with both builds. My current one yeld 40K more than the WOC, stomp, OWTP. Bear in mind that my legendaries sucks. (need to gem/enchant)

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Frackk/advanced
    With 2pc/2pc and your level of crit, that's not surprising. You're probably best to roll with that unless you could manufacture some crit somewhere. Otherwise I'd aim to finish that t20 4pc soon as possible to really boost the DF/BF build.

The stomp/owtp build really only starts flourishing once you get past 30% crit (roughly), and to do that you're generally going to prefer sacrificing mastery, as odd as that may seem. Between me and several dozen others who've simmed statweights over and over for that build, mastery pretty much always ends up being the least desired secondary (excluding versatility). Crit/haste are generally the preferred stats for more Wild Call procs and faster auto's to proc them more often during the fight.

Thanx for the reply, was gearing for mastery since day one...

7+ Year Old Account
    I have 4pc t20 and with my current gear stomp is 20k ahead with t19 2pc

Quote Originally Posted by Shootywooty View Post
    I have 4pc t20 and with my current gear stomp is 20k ahead with t19 2pc
    All things being equal, I love the stomp build more (if they do the exact same ST DPS) since it dishes out insane amounts of AOE damage. I absolutely obliterated heroic mistress, harjatan & soul engine yesterday off passive cleaving with stomp. I finished Mistress at 1.5m just basically passively cleaving with it doing my ST rotation.

Deleted

To give an actual answer to your question, stomp appears to not be working on dummies. I tried it out the other night and beasts were just stomping the floor at my feet instead of my target. That should cover the 150k dps you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Aroota View Post
    To give an actual answer to your question, stomp appears to not be working on dummies. I tried it out the other night and beasts were just stomping the floor at my feet instead of my target. That should cover the 150k dps you're looking for.
    hmm ill have to look into that on a boss, I appreciate it thank you

DB has always had the issue of stomp going off where the beast spawns instead of at the target. I believe this was hotfixed at one point during Legion but it still happens if your really far from the target or the terrain is pretty rough between you and the target.

Well 59% mastery is only with a crit neck, otherwise its around 70%...i cleared heroic guldan as top dps no problem.

here my armory

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...-hollow/nexhen
    I think some of your lack of crit is that a lot of your gear is haste/mastery (which if you plan to play DF is pretty good.) I recently got the new ring and decided to try the Stomp/OwtP build because you get both BF and OwtP. We are very similar in ilvl (you are 907, I'm 906) and If i focus on maximizing my crit by swapping my helm and GD ring I end up at around 39% crit, 13% haste, 68% mastery.

Here is my armory if you are curious what I'm wearing. I am not in the gear that grants the stats I mentioned but it's pretty close.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...arthas/holovik

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    DB has always had the issue of stomp going off where the beast spawns instead of at the target. I believe this was hotfixed at one point during Legion but it still happens if your really far from the target or the terrain is pretty rough between you and the target.
    It can still happen if the beast doesn't have a proper path to the target, generally with things still up in the air. I had forgotten about the target dummy glitch tho, that has literally been the same since Legion launch, it's just been so long since I've bothered with dummy testing for BM.

Deleted
    Looks like beast cannon is here to stay boys.. numerous ppl saying even with 4pc it sims/performs higher then DF