Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Always do the opposite of what Soros says.
    If the world was a movie, he would be the main villain out of 7 billion people.
    Where do you guys come up with this shit. Do you say the same thing about Gates?

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    He is actually making good observations on the UK. Though knowing him I would have expected him to be in favour of brexit, so theEU reform.
    Do you know this Soros? Did you go to school with him?

Otherwise my guess is he falls under the ''globalist'' category judging how the right-wing reacts to him so he would be pro EU just because it's a better for everybody's pockets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I voted brexit, and I am a qualified electrical engineer. not poorly educated at all. I also do not regret my vote. I have no doubt things will suck short term, but this is for my kids benefit, not mine.
    How will an isolationist economic policy benefit your kids? Like the US removing itself from the TPP and the Paris Accord, it will only make the UK and US lose global competitiveness, brain drain, and quality of life for it's future residents, not increase it.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Of course he's trying to scare people over Brexit, the billionaires will be feeling the effects the most when their big boy capital funds could go down by maybe 1% and they lose millions while British workers will no longer be screwed over by EU edicts
    this is just perfect example why discussion with such people is pointless .

they will nevr understand basics of economics and fact that whether they like it or not they have no other choice but to work closely with european markets.

those are people who still dream great dreams about how once upon a time their commonwealth meant something in world only forgot to notice world changed.

not only you will have to obide to all those regulations you hate but also you will have no say in creating further ones.

this is why plebs should not have vote for important matters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Soros is a liar and a manipulator.
    The word Soros really brings out the rational commenters on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    How will an isolationist economic policy benefit your kids? Like the US removing itself from the TPP and the Paris Accord, it will only make the UK and US lose global competitiveness, brain drain, and quality of life for it's future residents, not increase it.
    he dreams about how his kids will regain national pride - only he is unable to notice that such stupid notion is wortless.

i wonder on which uni he bought his diploma.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Soros is Human trash.
    Here's another bastion of truth and rational thought. Does the forum really want to know why you think this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    I would think twice before i trusted anything George Soros says.
    Why? Be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Then you should hope that Brexit goes as smooth as possible instead of constantly mocking them for not following the choices only you believe in.
    why not ? you should tell dumb people they are dumb at every single possiblity - else they will never realise themselves they are dumb and remain dumb forever.

saying that is a sign of care - not saying anything is sign of not giving a f...

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Maybe a James Bond movie should be made with him as the villain.
    Or was it already????
    wasn't he the guy with the white cat???
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    wasn't he the guy with the white cat???
    It was the hairless one. Mr. Bigglesworth.
    J/K....

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Always do the opposite of what Soros says.
    If the world was a movie, he would be the main villain out of 7 billion people.

Best advice I've ever seen on these post!

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Soros helped topple eight totalitarian dictatorships.

That's one hell of a weird agenda. (Sarcasm)
    that's part of the problem with him.

nobody should be toppling any dictatorships, regime change is bad.

him and every other globalist feel like they're part of this rich cartel, a cartel i'd like to see broken and physically beaten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's part of the problem with him.

nobody should be toppling any dictatorships, regime change is bad.

him and every other globalist feel like they're part of this rich cartel, a cartel i'd like to see broken and physically beaten.

You mean you'd like to see this regime changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You mean you'd like to see this regime changed?
    i'd like to see it beaten and broken bodily.

there should be cooperation in the world, no wars, no bad things. but i don't want rich overlords thinking their selves gods like soros. they should be made to know their mortality.

Deleted
    fuck soros, don't trust people like him.

pushing this weird agenda like he does. he can keep his damn mouth shut.
    Well, Soros actually is an enemy of Wladimir Putin. Is it just coincidence that the forum right wingkins attack him as well?

Or do the rightings and the putinfans just having a silent agreement here?

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    He can just recognize his country as the rotten carcass that it is, politically speaking, and migrate elsewhere.
    The result was roughly 50/50. There's no need to convince 2 millions, but 1 or two people. Each farmer.
    First, though I'm not from the UK, I think calling it a rotten carcass is just absurd hyperbole and totally untrue when held in comparison to the majority of the world. Just like almost every country, it has some great things about it and some crap things.

Second, you cannot simply "migrate elsewhere." I dislike the current US administration, though honestly wasn't all that pleased with the last one either. However, even if I considered parts of the EU, Canada, or Australia a better fit for me, it is not possible for me to simply decide to "migrate elsewhere." Beyond the realities of forcing people to leave families behind who can't or won't migrate, no country just has open borders like that.

Third, roughly 50/50 (according to the BBC numbers) is actually very close to a 1.25 million people (my "shy of 2 mill" was an estimate that was obviously off by a bit). Regardless, 1.25 MILLION people don't change by altering the minds of 1 or 2 farmers.

For I told you: democracy is rule of the whole of the people, not the aggregate of individuals. The UK people choose their path, and the UK people are responsible for it.
    You can say democracy is the rule of the whole, but that simply isn't true. Democracy is, as has been said by many historians and political philosophers from France, England, and many other places, the tyranny of the majority. It is NOT the will of the whole by any stretch.

He has a fraction of the accountability. 1/65million to be precise. Very little if you ask me. But still some. Because it's shared among them all.
    Even if I were to give you this (which I still don't really agree with), then saying that individuals who voted AGAINST Brexit have responsibility for Brexit is roughly 150 times less accurate than saying "Your hamburger is made of rat droppings," as that ratio caps (in the US) at 1 in 450,000 mg. Saying they even have SOME responsibility (again, just giving your position validity for the sake of argument) is 150 times more absurd than saying "Your hamburger has some rat droppings" when someone asks "what's in hamburger?" Even if I were to give you technical accuracy, the implication that it is a measurably relevant amount is absurd. You also don't account for the people who DID change 1 or 2 minds - much less dozens. What about those people? Are they given a pass in your judgmental world?

It's you the one here not abiding by the principles that make democracy work: you are responsible for your peers. If your choices don't make it through, you are to work with your opposition to ameliorate the outcomes. When society decides collectively to form strong camps of irreconcilable opinions, they're essentially doomed. For they won't work towards the interest of their neighbor. They'll just fight for their piece, and then forget collaboration. "Got mine, screw you" is one aspect of it. The other is what you're exposing here: "they chose wrongly, not my responsibility". That is eroding the basic principle: "they" don't exist, they are just another one of "you".
    Who, other than you, said that a guiding principle of democracy is "we are all responsible for every decision our peers make?" I'm sorry, but that's absurd. You seem to view the world in two very distinct pieces without allowing for any reality in the middle. There are plenty of people who pushed against Trump in the US, for example, and CONTINUE to do so after his election. They are in no way complicit and in no way are they saying "Got mine, screw you" or "too bad everyone, almost half of us chose wrong, oh well." Elections like Brexit, as you point out, are NOT one time events to be taken out of context. Every vote, every decision, then lends the question, "where do we go from here?" What next? Sure, if people just vote, go home, and never take anything from the result, sure... I can see SOME argument for those people being complicit in the result. But reasonable people do what they can when they can. They deal with REALITY. They continue to see how, in this new reality, they can make the best of things. How they can try and limit the damage done by those people who had the majority. How they can make improvements. I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can lump people actively working against something as being responsible for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Well, Soros actually is an enemy of Wladimir Putin. Is it just coincidence that the forum right wingkins attack him as well?

Or do the rightings and the putinfans just having a silent agreement here?
    i am not a fan of putin, because of his homophobic practices.

i'm not a fan of soros because i don't want a fucking overlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man who only cares about money moans he might lose money

Deleted
    i am not a fan of putin, because of his homophobic practices.

i'm not a fan of soros because i don't want a fucking overlord.
    "I am a liberurl, but.."

Soros is one of the few billionaires that publically support western democracies, and that support the fight against fascism. He has some city programs running in germany, where he is doing political education, in special against political fanatism.

You mix up Soros with some enemy that doesnt exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Do you know this Soros? Did you go to school with him?

Otherwise my guess is he falls under the ''globalist'' category judging how the right-wing reacts to him so he would be pro EU just because it's a better for everybody's pockets.
    That was poorly worded, I know his positions.