Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really defending..

My question is more, why was this guy even there, when it is highly known to be a hostile area. Even damn tourist agencies warn you about getting too close to North Korea.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

North Korea doesn't need defending. They are a sovereign state and have the right to enact their laws. US passport is not a magic ticket out, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    What kind of monster would defend them, and they edited recently because it was even worse!
    I see no defense of NK in the article, just bashing "white privilege" (and you have to reach really far to connect this to this incident), and rightfully blaming the victim of ignoring all common sense by going to NK and then very likely even breaking their laws.

Did they say exactly that they defend North Korea?
    If not, then you see what you want to see.

I honestly stopped reading when I read the "cis white male" horseshit.

I'd just say, you break the law and you pay the price. Break a law in a foreign country... don't whine about how severe the penalty might be. You're a dumb ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    What's that? The Huffington Post publishes more ramblings of insanity? How shocking.

Huffington Post is barely more respectable that Breitbart; it's all click bait for affirmation.
    Weren't they spearheading the banning of fathers day, but no sign of wanting to ban mothers day?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I honestly stopped reading when I read the "cis white male" horseshit.

I'd just say, you break the law and you pay the price. Break a law in a foreign country... don't whine about how severe the penalty might be. You're a dumb ass.
    Did you see the video? You couldn't even tell who it is. Also who expects to get 15 years for stealing a sign. I agree the kid is foolish and shouldn't break the rules but he did not get what he deserved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    What kind of monster would defend them, and they edited recently because it was even worse!
    This isn't about defending NK this is about being racist and bashing white men. No one should ever read the Huffington Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I agree the kid is foolish and shouldn't break the rules but he did not get what he deserved.
    You not judge in best Korea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Must have been his North Korean twin.
    You literally cannot see who or what it is.

jump to 1:05. That person on the video could be fucking anyone.
    Last edited by Blade Wolf; 2017-06-21 at 12:41 PM.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

It's a 1 year old article. HP is trash, but this was a year ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Let's be very clear here. Taking a propaganda poster as a souvenir does not warrant death or 15 years of hard labor. In no way did this guy deserve what came to him. And neither should we be celebrating his death as justice.
    Sure he doesn't deserve it. But is anyone surprised that NK was so heavy handed on the kid? It's North Korea.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Sure he doesn't deserve it. But is anyone surprised that NK was so heavy handed on the kid? It's North Korea.
    I am actually far more disturbed that people are still stupid enough to go to North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    That's not a defense of North Korea. At most it's victim blaming.

The article is simply pointing out that if you go to one of the most dangerous countries in the world and commit vandalism, then you are a stupid motherfucker.
    I'm sorry, but I believe this quote points to the author trying to say something very different: "...learned that the shield his cis white male identity provides here in America..." and "the hopeless fear Warmbier is now experiencing is my daily reality living in a country where white men like him are willfully oblivious to my suffering." This article starts with the premise that these traits somehow make you immune to prosecution from the law in America, which is an absurd untruth. He went there and theoretically broke the law, and was punished for it in accordance with their law. EXACTLY as a straight white male would go through in the US. Worse, it ENDS with the idea that somehow this author is equating the plight of someone caught up by one of the most corrupt and heinous regimes on the planet with being a black woman in the US. Maybe it's because I am neither black nor a woman, but I find that comparison pretty darn absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    To an extent, sure. However, I think there's plenty of room to call out the "fairness," judgment, and punishment NK implements as an horrific embarrassment to humanity. Was the kid wise? Absolutely not. Should ANYONE be surprised by the result? No. But it in no way implies we should judge him as being deserving of the result; at least not when viewing it with the lens of what most would consider enlightenment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I am actually far more disturbed that people are still stupid enough to go to North Korea.
    On my list of vacation spots North Korea is dead last.

Wait . . . there's Somalia and Syria.

Third to last then.
    Putin khuliyo

The only american allowed in best Korea is Dennis Rodman. Erbody else need to stay the fuck out unless we invading.

Those laber camps do sound very fun, assaults with metal pipes and all those goodies, no wonder his brain was damaged. They should get the rest of the americans/westerners held there the fuck out.

Here is a little list of things that will get you executed in NK

Playing music outside of the propaganda they run 24/7
    Same with tv
    Same with Internet trying to acess the real internet not the bullshit propaganda shit they have there 24/7.
    Insincere Mourning
    Drinking Alcohol
    Phoning The Outside World
    Travelling abroad

Mmm fun stuff, not that i would never go there but still, south korea looks very nice though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the lesson learned here is simply "If you're an American citizen, don't go to North Korea."

Shocking news: the Huffington post still hates white people lol.

The State Department flat out says ''don't go in North Korea, we will not be able to provide consular services''. What he was excepting ?

(FTR, consular services are mostly about informing your family or your issues, providing some assistance...a consul cannot ask your liberation)

7+ Year Old Account
    One can generally stop reading at "Huffington Post". If that's not enough, another cue to stop reading is "white/male privilege".

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Whoever wrote this did it for clickbait and is clearly mentally unstable. No shit the guy got in trouble, but we in the west don't have ass backwards laws that punish people for trivial shit.
    The irony of someone in America saying this is amazing.