Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Protip: life doesn't need a catchphrase or codeword to be lived. What you're asking for I don't even bother to use.

I'm not mistaking freedom for sovereignty, I'm saying they're synonymous in an escalating form, starting at individual and moving all the way up to nation/culture. There IS some inherent friction in that little bubble, but that's life and tolerable.

I am saying that your use of 'bigot' and whatever isn't relevant to anything. I'm not ashamed to be anti gay marriage or anti gay therefore your words have no meaning or impact.
    Well, you complained about my use of a word, so I want to know what word you would find more appropriate. Since you haven't provided one, then it's clear you don't really have any room to complain about the word I used.

If you don't like the usage of a word, provide me with one you find to be more appropriate. Otherwise, your complain is meaningless.

So, what word would you use to describe your opinion towards refugees, migrants, and immigrants? You cited "values-based existence," but I'm not sure what values you are talking about. Clearly, your values do not include gay people, so what is it about refugees, migrants, and immigrants that do not sit well with your values? Is it the color of their skin, their nationality, religion, age, height, the fact that they are not natives, specific cultural beliefs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Is posting a video about refugees on world refugee day 'leftist propaganda' now?
    Saying anything positive about brown people is identity politics. Apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    you know they don't worth your time.
    Yet still you are and you wasted a lot of time then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    lying to push a narrative is propaganda.
    They are lying, to push a narrative, QED - Propaganda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Why? you perpetuated the lies.
    I didn't perpetuate anything that I'm aware of. Someone asked what the video was about and why it existed, and I explained the intent of it. I've never made a statement agreeing or disagreeing with that intent either way, nor do I intend to.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm quite sure that they are still considered Caucasian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Alright, I'll do that and the same as when someone screams something in English.
    I like the fact that I can see where you are coming from but it all just flies over your head.
    The butterflies, unicorns, flowers and pink? They sure do fly over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, you complained about my use of a word, so I want to know what word you would find more appropriate. Since you haven't provided one, then it's clear you don't really have any room to complain about the word I used.

If you don't like the usage of a word, provide me with one you find to be more appropriate. Otherwise, your complain is meaningless.

So, what word would you use to describe your opinion towards refugees, migrants, and immigrants? You cited "values-based existence," but I'm not sure what values you are talking about. Clearly, your values do not include gay people, so what is it about refugees, migrants, and immigrants that do not sit well with your values? Is it the color of their skin, their nationality, religion, age, height, the fact that they are not natives, specific cultural beliefs?
    I complained about the word because it's a loaded phrase, like most of the political football phrases used that are tossed around here and elsewhere.

The complaint isn't meaningless as it highlighted a different level, but you use words like soldiers use grenades so no big surprise your position here.

Unwanted would be the word I'd use to describe my opinion of them. It's not that they don't sit with my values, they don't sit anywhere in me at all and frankly would be better off staying home and making their own country better, or dying off in the attempt. Exporting ideology and "culture" is a crock.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    WW2 and cold war are over long time ago.
    With today's technology, there is no reason to even have a war to start with.

The biggest problem is that US, Russia and Muslim countries are not interesting in peace.
    Why should we, who have nothing to do with it, pay the price?
    The west is partially responsible for much of the unrests in the Middle East. Or did you think Iran was always a theocracy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    I complained about the word because it's a loaded phrase, like most of the political football phrases used that are tossed around here and elsewhere.

The complaint isn't meaningless as it highlighted a different level, but you use words like soldiers use grenades so no big surprise your position here.

Unwanted would be the word I'd use to describe my opinion of them. It's not that they don't sit with my values, they don't sit anywhere in me at all and frankly would be better off staying home and making their own country better, or dying off in the attempt. Exporting ideology and "culture" is a crock.
    One would have to ask, WHY are they unwanted? That implies something within you, not about them.

Why not spread culture? I enjoy plenty of things from other cultures. Honestly, if you do not wish to experience such things, fine. That's still no reason to stop others from doing it. Personally, I don't like to watch musicals and reality television, so should I proceed to try and force others from doing the same? Of course not.

I'm not sure it can be reasonably argued that people would be better off dying to terrorism and totalitarian violence. If people had simply "stayed home," then my country would have never been founded. So, unless you are a Native American by birth and practice in the United States, clearly someone was exporting ideology and culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    Shocked that they left the ratings on this. No surprise, they're abysmal. Blatant, vile, emotionally charged propaganda.

- - - Updated - - -

Buuut you probably want people to be forced to pay for 'refugees', anyway, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck your fake, virtue signalling "morality".

You want them? You personally take them.

It is way cheaper, and way less problematic (in terms of cultural problems) to relocate them within the middle east, e.g. to Saudi Arabia, or Turkey. But that doesn't satisfy your humanitarian "superpower"/demographically watering down Europe fetish, does it?

I'm talking about 10,000 people not 10 million. You accuse me of virtue signaling? I would think I would have a better reputation on this forum. I probably hold the record for infractions

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The west is partially responsible for much of the unrests in the Middle East. Or did you think Iran was always a theocracy ?
    Saudi Arabia is behind lots of attacks.

I think it just wants to show that he is a good kid, the rest countries around it are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Saudi Arabia is behind lots of attacks.

I think it just wants to show that he is a good kid, the rest countries around it are bad.
    And why do they have power? The us have backed Wahhabism for decades

Deleted
    There are more women and children in that video than in the entire stream heading to Europe, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The goal of the video seems to remind people that refugees are overwhelmingly people fleeing a dire situation, in need of assistance and help even if there is a statistically small chance that dangerous elements may hide in their numbers. Framing us all as part of a common brotherhood and sisterhood of humanity, which softens peoples' outlooks and promotes donations and further support. So long as the charitable donation the video prompts outstrip the cost to create it then it is considered a worthwhile endeavor.
    I understand that, it's just why can't people believe it without having to spend that much to almost make a remainder or awareness of it all. It's sad that it's an issue to make, that people can't simply accept that not every refugee is naturally a bad omen. The money spent could go towards better funds rather than having to make this large awareness campaign because of scapegoating and ignorance which annoys me the most!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    It's good to shine a light on situations that aren't widely known.
    Shining light on on already a super bright subject seems to be quite wasteful.
    Yeah, I just find it more of a dismay that they have to highlight even further, when those costs could be resourced elsewhere you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I understand that, it's just why can't people believe it without having to spend that much to almost make a remainder or awareness of it all. It's sad that it's an issue to make, that people can't simply accept that not every refugee is naturally a bad omen. The money spent could go towards better funds rather than having to make this large awareness campaign because of scapegoating and ignorance which annoys me the most!
    I would wager it is also a feeling that they need to actively fight against purported disinformation, negative portrayals, and a growing sentiment that runs antithetical to their messaging. People don't generally respond without some form of inducement (emotional, financial, or otherwise) to do so - so there is a feeling that if one side of a given argument or issue doesn't respond with emotional pressure then "the other side" will gladly do so to gain more support for its goals and values.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    I didn't perpetuate
    You repeated them.
    The goal of the video seems to remind people that refugees are overwhelmingly people fleeing a dire situation, in need of assistance and help even if there is a statistically small chance that dangerous elements may hide in their numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You repeated them.
    That would be required to adequately explain the thing in question - it would be very difficult to explain anything without repeating what it intended to mean, convey, or relate to others.

#Morethanarefugee (picture with them holding machetes)

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    One would have to ask, WHY are they unwanted? That implies something within you, not about them.

Why not spread culture? I enjoy plenty of things from other cultures. Honestly, if you do not wish to experience such things, fine. That's still no reason to stop others from doing it. Personally, I don't like to watch musicals and reality television, so should I proceed to try and force others from doing the same? Of course not.

I'm not sure it can be reasonably argued that people would be better off dying to terrorism and totalitarian violence. If people had simply "stayed home," then my country would have never been founded. So, unless you are a Native American by birth and practice in the United States, clearly someone was exporting ideology and culture.
    Of course it implies something within me, that's a given. Water is wet, you have any other insightful observations to make here?

The something btw is values.

Why not spread culture? Because as we've seen the mixing/melting pot approach to societal structure is a failure. Multiculturalism is a failure. You'd enjoy plenty of things from other cultures if you visited the lands that held those cultures, and their exclusivity and isolation would make them actually unique, compelling and memorable rather than a novelty or worse, a commodity. The second half of your bit there is irrelevant, as your whole there's no reason to stop others shows you have no appreciation for values other than absolutist freedom, which isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

In "Current Year(tm)" it can be reasonably argued that people should fight for their homeland, pure and simple.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.