Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    World of Warcraft started long time ago as fantasy world with rich background informations ..nowadays reminds me the lowest quality fables.....
    Oh please this is pure nonsense, Warcraft (long before World of Warcraft existed) was always tongue and cheek references to everything the creators think is cool, everything but the kitchen sink thrown in, no technical information about how anything works at all and a thin story to glue it together. This is no different. There has never even been an explanation in the games about where say magic in the universe of wow comes from or how beings learned to acquire it and use it, let alone how portals work or how any magical device works. Things just are and that's it. Even chronical hasn't covered any of this type of thing.

Also no people, Archimonde and Kil'Jaedan are pretty fucking dead. At the very least for sure, no question about it, they are never going to pop up again as some kind of big bad. That tends to be the case with huge lore characters once they have been made into raid bosses, with few exceptions. Especially not with a cinematic video shown when you have killed them.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-06-21 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Oh please this is pure nonsense, Warcraft (long before World of Warcraft existed) was always tongue and cheek references to everything the creators think is cool
    You've spent an awful lot of time LMB-clicking on those units in Warcraft, didn't ya?

Also no people, Archimonde and Kil'Jaedan are pretty fucking dead. At the very least for sure, no question about it, they are never going to pop up again as some kind of big bad. That tends to be the case with huge lore characters once they have been made into raid bosses, with few exceptions. Especially not with a cinematic video shown when you have killed them.
    Especially not with a cinematic video shown when you have killed them.
    Only it doesn't. You see a fancy xplosion. You don't see an actual death of a character. Given that Billzord deemed themselves capable of casually reviving Illidan for lulz and moneys, what are the odds they won't do a typical "I had a hearthstone" excuse later on? I am most definitely not willing to bet against that one. Especially not with this tendency of Hollywoodisation. They stopped giving a damn about their own lore back in late 2010 with Cata and this mockery went from bad to worse ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontis View Post
    You've spent an awful lot of time LMB-clicking on those units in Warcraft, didn't ya?

Only it doesn't. You see a fancy xplosion. You don't see an actual death of a character. Given that Billzord deemed themselves capable of casually reviving Illidan for lulz and moneys, what are the odds they won't do a typical "I had a hearthstone" excuse later on? I am most definitely not willing to bet against that one. Especially not with this tendency of Hollywoodisation. They stopped giving a damn about their own lore back in late 2010 with Cata and this mockery went from bad to worse ever since.
    Oh ffs, stop it. He's dead. Get over it.

You're grasping for straws here, the whole entire point of the scene is he's about to go down and take everyone with them.

It's obvious from the dialogue alone.

You don't get back up from that, there's no story worth telling where a villain character like this literally dies in a giant explosion but he's going to come back and it's like what you did before didn't even matter. It's finished it's done, the goose is cooked. Besides, it requires some kind of ritual to bring back these sort of powerful demons they don't just instantly get a new body or something.

And frankly I'm not interested in debating you on the quality of wow's story, especially not if you somehow think it was at some point in the past "way better", and especially especially not due to the fact that you don't even realize the only thing Ghostcrawler ever designed in wow was parts of the game interface and your posts indicate you're still raging about him.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-06-21 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokcmvmxckm View Post
    Thanks for the spoilers dip shit.
    It literally says "Kil'jaeden Defeat Cinematic". Nobody to blame but yourself for opening the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ontis View Post

Actually if Kil'jaedens final phase was in the Twisting Nether. He is dead. Period. Demons die permanently in the Nether. Like Elementals and their Plane. That's why Ragnaros and Al'Akir are dead.

So again if that cinematic is confirmed to be taking place in the Twisting Nether. Kil'jaeden is gone.

Archimonde was just confusing because of all that Alternate Universe rubbish. Although apparently didn't the devs say it was the same Archimonde or something and he's dead now as well because of the Mythic only phase?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-21 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Dude. It's a fantasy video game. Don't overthink it. In fact, don't think about it at all. No need to go all Isaac Newton on us.
    The only response dumber than "it's a fantasy world where you're mailed dragons, you think X makes it unrealistic". Congrats.

They can easily turn this into an event that they have to solve, a questline to establish some kind of gravity field with the help of magic. Ignoring the physics (which ARE present in WoW, obviously) is the worst route. Doing something about it creates content, and satisfies people with at least a brief education.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the spoilers dip shit.
    Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

I am looking forward to going to Argus and seeing Azeroth in the sky!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Under a bridge, some ware in the Badlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It literally says "Kil'jaeden Defeat Cinematic". Nobody to blame but yourself for opening the thread.
    I was referring to the picture of Argus. Would have liked to see that In game first rather then on the front page.
    Sylvanas has returned from the Maw her work complete. She has decided to live as a stay at home Mom with Nathanos at Windrunner Tower in the Ghostlands. Note; she is not a Mother, and Nathanos is a rock with a smiley face drawn in sharpie. Many people are concerned about her current mental health.

I was referring to the picture of Argus. Would have liked to see that In game first rather then on the front page.
    Then why not wait before opening a thread that could contain possible spoilers?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Then why not wait before opening a thread that could contain possible spoilers?
    It. Was. On. The. Front. Page.
    Kind of hard to miss that huge picture of Argus floating around up there in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    It. Was. On. The. Front. Page.
    Kind of hard to miss that huge picture of Argus floating around up there in the sky.
    Then avoid the website for a day. Problem solved. Surely you expected to see some form of spoilers on the front page? And to be honest all this really revealed is how we get there which isn't a huge spoiler tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    that cinematic was actual trash and i dont know where the fuck blizzard plans to go after this expansion if we are literally powerful enough to be teleporting entire planets and slaying creators of worlds

what the fuck else are we going to do? there are no more powerful enemies man i fucking miss fighting kobolds and boars this wow sucks
    It goes where ever Blizzard says it goes.

Escalation can be an easy trap to fall into in fiction(especially TV shows and video game sequels/expansions), but it doesn't always have to happen. Things don't HAVE to be a cosmic threat or even a bigger threat than the last guy. They just have to be a threat to your character(or the protagonist in other fiction). Your character could still be killed by a kobold or boar. Signs point to the Naga being the next big threat, and while they're not as big a threat as the Burning Legion... they don't have to be. They just have to be a threat.

Supernatural is a good example of this. For years it was getting sillier and sillier trying to dream up the next big bad that they had to fight against all odds to avert the apocalypse for the eighth time. Then they put that on pause for a season and had them fight another group of Hunters that wanted to expand and push them out of America. The season with the British Men of Letters is the best season that show had for almost a decade, because it wasn't some overpowering cosmic threat that threatened all of creation that showed up as soon as they beat the last overpowering cosmic threat that threatened all of creation. It was just a bunch of guys trying to kill the protagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Oh my fucking god.
    No, argus is part of 7.3 how many times do we have to repeat this?
    Nothing to suggest it couldn't be part of the next expansion as a greater area to explore at the same time :P

But thanks for throwing salt my way, bro.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Then avoid the website for a day. Problem solved. Surely you expected to see some form of spoilers on the front page? And to be honest all this really revealed is how we get there which isn't a huge spoiler tbh.
    Right, I'm sure a website profiting of as many views as possible would be interested in running that logic. How about they just do a spoiler-tag and a link to a thread with all the info that's not on the front page? It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Right, I'm sure a website profiting of as many views as possible would be interested in running that logic. How about they just do a spoiler-tag and a link to a thread with all the info that's not on the front page? It's not rocket science.
    How about you don't visit the site or scroll down that far? Really isn't a huge spoiler either. People blowing it way out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    I am looking forward to going to Argus and seeing Azeroth in the sky!!
    You can check it out in the Black Temple.

Deleted
    Emo'jaden. Will he too wear a dress to a party in afterlife?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoomkin View Post
    Oh Illidan!

insert 90s sitcom music here.
    I just wish I could upvote this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    So I saw the cinematic. I'm starting to wonder if the Horde is ever going to be a part of the story again.
    I just loled hard and I'm horde

Here's a fixed version of the cinematic... How it should have been

https://youtu.be/LvizjW3QVzM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It makes perfect sense actually. If you think of it in a coldly rational way, no power on the cosmos could defeat Sargeras. KJ just made the call that whatever he might do, Sargeras would win, so might as well join him.
    Eh?

You've completely misunderstood my post. Was it me you were trying to respond to and just misquoted?

Thanks for the spoiler!!!!!