Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone ever try to go to Blizzcon to get unbanned?

The reason I ask is because me and a guy I work with played wow, and he said he has never been to Blizzcon and Neither have I, but he said he wants to go to track someone down and talk about getting unbanned.

So my question is has anybody ever tried this, or known someone that did and what were the results?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    lul no. They'd probably call security if some guy tried to corner a dev/gm at blizzcon and whined about being banned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The reason I ask is because me and a guy I work with played wow, and he said he has never been to Blizzcon and Neither have I, but he said he wants to go to track someone down and talk about getting unbanned.

So my question is has anybody ever tried this, or known someone that did and what were the results?
    I see many laughably ludicrous threads on this forum. This one is right at, or close to, the top. "track someone down" hahahahahahaha, audibly laughing in the office right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No. I've never even heard of someone having that much dedication to getting unbanned.
    Yeah me neither, as I said it is a co worker, and having never actually been to Blizzcon or knowing what the hell even goes on there in the capacity that is possible, thought it was a good question for here, maybe there is a good story with lessons.

10+ Year Old Account
    "asking for a friend"

lul

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Maybe the guy you work with shouldn't have gotten himself banned in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account

Doubt anyone have ever tried so, seems quite desperate, if I have to say. And even so, I doubt Blizzard wouldn't help with that. And mostly, if you are permabanned, there's a reason for that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    lul no. They'd probably call security if some guy tried to corner a dev/gm at blizzcon and whined about being banned.
    I don't think he is violent, so unless they would boot him just for asking or trying to find out, I find it humorous but a good question if it's ever been attempted.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, only way to get unbanned is to go to Mike Morhaime's daughter wedding and ask him personally. And you must call him godfather, it's really important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Doubt anyone have ever tried so, seems quite desperate, if I have to say. And even so, I doubt Blizzard wouldn't help with that. And mostly, if you are permabanned, there's a reason for that.
    Oh well I mean what if if he tried to give him a Benji incognito HAHAHA!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    No, only way to get unbanned is to go to Mike Morhaime's daughter wedding and ask him personally. And you must call him godfather, it's really important.
    LMFAO, Honestly someone could write a comedy about this, if someone else had thought of it or tried.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    That's friends and family only. You have to be connected prior to the ban.

Deleted
    I don't think he is violent, so unless they would boot him just for asking or trying to find out, I find it humorous but a good question if it's ever been attempted.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with ASKING. However, keep in mind the devs are not in charge of unbanning, nor can they tell those that are to do it. There are procedures to follow internally, and some higher-up saying "hey, unban this dude, he's cool" is not enough reason to get unbanned.

Take it through the proper channels instead.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    For real. Sounds like something only a crazy person would do.

Cut your losses and start over or move on. Don't hassle devs/GMs.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

On a serious note if I was a dev/GM at Blizzcon and someone came upto me and whined at me for an unban. I would have them removed from the building, file a harassment complaint and then probably ban all of their WoW accounts on their Battle.net account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    That's friends and family only. You have to be connected prior to the ban.
    Hey not dangerous or violent just dedicated, get Mr Morhaime's.

Hey Sir, Ahh come on man can't you just hear me out!

click*!

I have no experience getting banned in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with ASKING. However, keep in mind the devs are not in charge of unbanning, nor can they tell those that are to do it. There are procedures to follow internally, and some higher-up saying "hey, unban this dude, he's cool" is not enough reason to get unbanned.

Take it through the proper channels instead.

Yeah, I figured as much, but I am wondering if anybody ever tried and what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why would they unban you lol?
    I have NO IDEA, I've asked him and pondered the logic, maybe he thinks his argument could be more persuasive or maybe as I said, maybe go up to a developer.

"Hey Ghostie MY MAN favorite DV, *whispers* you think you could straighten out a little misunderstanding that got me permanently banned from wow *slips him a $100*

It even sounds like a really bad idea, dude. Don't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzabi View Post
    It even sounds like a really bad idea, dude. Don't do it.
    I'm not going to do anything my account is fine and has been inactive since WoD, his however was ban 6 months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    well, if you were banned on legitimate grounds, there is literally 0 reason why they should overturn it, that's what a ban is, all you'd be doing is wasting a devs time
    I don't know, not exactly nuke codes, I mean as long as they could do it which I don't know, I mean all he would be asking is for them to remove the ban their by giving him another chance.

I mean for $100, or just to be nice because they asked, I dunno, maybe good reasons if they wanted to they couldn't still would be interesting find out if anybody tried.